The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Who Manufacturs the Best Folding Coin? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Bite coin plus is my choice, Johnson is not even close to this coin.
jquackc
View Profile
Loyal user
JC - Denver
218 Posts

Profile of jquackc
Blah blah... I'm testing the old pages, I can still access them after the crash
JC

www.jquackc.com
myspace.com/jquackc

It's coming...QUACK... a new ebook from the fallible mind of JC... April 2048... groundbreaking material... limited edition... only 200 will be sold. Starting at $47... Preorder your copy toda
James Stob
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of James Stob
It seems, to me, you can only do so much in manufacturing a folding coin. I've used Lassen for virtually everything else, but the Johnson folders are just fine.
gvmagic1
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of gvmagic1
I've never had any problems with Johnson's coins.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I know this is an old thread, but I have a couple of 1971 Johnson folding halves. When doing the biting routine, I secretly put the bitten off piece from the second coin in my mouth before starting the routine. When I bite the coin I am able to pull the bitten off piece from my mouth. I pretend to put it back in my mouth before restoring the bitten coin. It kills. My Johnsons are extremely well made, though over 25 years old. They are cut along the Kennedy profile. Just make sure no one sees the edge! That happened to my once in a highly lit room. Not cool!
Sammy J. Teague
organicmagician
View Profile
Veteran user
USA
345 Posts

Profile of organicmagician
I second the Butter Coin by Louridas as a practical recommendation. It's a nice, thick portion of coin that folds over, and it's well made. David Roth gave me that suggestion for his favorite coin through table coin. If the real question, though, is who makes the BEST folding coin, I would guess Todd Lassen. He has a way of cutting folding coins that completely hides the lines, though I only have flipper from him and not any folding coins.
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
457 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
I only buy folders off Bob Swadling. Virtually invisible cut and a great price.
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
sourcerer
View Profile
Regular user
Netherlands
175 Posts

Profile of sourcerer
I've found that with all gaffed coins, generally the best are the ones you ended up not buying. Despite all deliberation and advice, the other one is always better.
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
Greenwich (CT)
6799 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Quote:
On 2007-08-30 16:59, jbk2006 wrote:
Get one from Roy. K. His are the best in my opinion.

Who is Roy K. ?
Magic is the art of proving impossible things in parallel dimensions that can't be reached
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3392 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Roy Kueppers from Canada.
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Who Manufacturs the Best Folding Coin? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL