The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » What is the world of playing cards coming to? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cory Landels
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of Cory Landels
I think I'm about to throw up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W1ST05LhbQ
jordanl
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of jordanl
That's Ugly. They've finally exceeded the hideousness of the red and yellow decks.

Green is a good color for Salads, Lawns, American Currency, and not much else. IMHO.
Cory Landels
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of Cory Landels
Quote:
Green is a good color for Salads, Lawns, American Currency, and not much else. IMHO.

Online magic forums, too.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Finally, something to match my suit! Smile

Would I use them on a regular basis? No. Not only are they terrible on the eye, but many lay people would think they were gaffed. Would other people use them on a regular basis? I sure some of the "kewl" people would.
I've seen new threads start every time there's another color, and many people find them horrid. But instead of thinking about why we wouldn't use all these new colors, try thinking about why we would. What presentations can you come up with that would involve a deck or card turning green, blue, pink, purple, etc?

Maybe you force a face card on someone, and "their" card would represent some character who lived on an island all their life. He wanted to go on some wild adventure, to explore what was beyond the shore, but was very unlucky. Every time he stepped on a boat, he got terribly seasick and turned green.
Maybe the police have sent you out to test a new Saint Patrick's Day Deckalizer. If someone has had too much to drink, their card turns green and "they must hand their keys over to you".
Maybe you're doing a kid's party, and the party's theme is TMNT. What's the luck? You just happened to have brought your special TMNT deck! Maybe you show regular Jacks in a regular deck; the Turtles are in disguise. Only when they know they are in the company of friends will they reveal their true colors.
Maybe a kid's having a "princess party", and you just happen to have brought an enchanted pink/purple deck that used to belong to a princess. You show exactly why it's enchanted, and then because it's been entrusted to you to pass it on to another princess...you give it to the girl.
Maybe you're performing at a baby shower...and the deck changes to the color, light blue or pink, of the baby. Twins, triplets, quads? No problem. When the deck turns yellow, that can only mean multiples!

What can you think of? Take a walk outside...
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
cajmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Long Beach, California
235 Posts

Profile of cajmagic
IMAGINE the thrill of GREEN.

Nice moves, but those are very ugly cards.
Caj Brejtfus
CajMagic and the CAJ Deck of Magic Gaff Cards
:BIKES:
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I'm sorry, but the cards we use are white face with black and red pips, colorful court cards, and red or blue backs. Unless, of course, you are naturally attracted to shiny objects.

JMHO
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
CardMaker
View Profile
Inner circle
Ludwigsburg/GERMANY
1063 Posts

Profile of CardMaker
Red, blue....standard and fine.
Black Tiger and that range....well, nice on a shelf.
Green, yellow, black, and so on....hmmmmm.
These ones: =(&%"? NO. They are really ugly.

But I guess it will take 3 months max until someone wants regular faces with these green backs to be made by me. I already did this with berry, lavender, and yellow cards. So time will tell.
CardMaker/Bernd Maucksch
Finest gaffed cards for magicians
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Fuchsia?

Puce or Heliotrope?

How about sepia tones?

Okay...but why?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Those cards are just ridiculous. It's hard enough to get a spectator to recognize, and remember, a regular playing card without throwing them a curve with something like this.

Mark.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Quote:
On 2007-08-30 15:55, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Fuchsia?

Puce or Heliotrope?

That's one of the things I love about you, JT: I've got to go to my dictionary.

Heliotrope? Really!

Jeff
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-08-30 11:55, Cory Landels wrote:
I think I'm about to throw up...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2W1ST05LhbQ

Saddened... As to go with a reversed back white on green might make the decks useful, or to go with a white background for the faces might make them something you can integrate into your routines. But no...a mix which will require lots of splitting and mounting to make a workable deck.

:(
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I prefer all blanks and a good imagination. BTW, I just got C.A.N.N.A.B.I.S and with a little handling thought, it has great potential.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Pete, have you tried the CANNABIS method with the Blizzard option after?
Cory Landels
View Profile
Special user
683 Posts

Profile of Cory Landels
You could present it as your "lucky deck" at a poker game, I guess.

White faces with green pips and court cards. That would be cool.
kerpa
View Profile
Special user
Michael Miller
594 Posts

Profile of kerpa
I dunno - maybe for St. Paddy's Day, or possibly even Christmas.

Randy Wakeman actually uses faint green-backed Bicycles. Don't recall where he gets them from. They are rather unobtrusive, though.

The transparent cards, too, don't do much for me.
Michael Miller
(Michael Merlin: original family --and stage-- name)
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
JT... No, but hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
My friend KERMIT lovessss them....Smile
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I wish they would all have white faces and different colored backs. That way, we can more easily do color changing routines with "surprise endings".
Long Island,

New York
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-08-30 23:35, Expertmagician wrote:
I wish they would all have white faces and different colored backs. That way we can more easily do color changing routines with "surprise endings".

As offered...an opportunity for someone who likes to split and mount.
LCBellah
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of LCBellah
I don't like the green faces on these cards at all. For me, it is very hard to read the faces. The green backs, I might be able to use for some special effects. Nah, I doubt I would want to use these for anything. I wouldn't buy them.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » What is the world of playing cards coming to? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL