The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnotist vs. Mentalist income (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19818 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Lets get it done!
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
I'll be first on the buy list.

I am enjoying and learning from "The Little Black Book of Stage Hypnosis"...very good. Thank you Richard! (...and thank you to Danny for the recommendation).
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_0G2hWn_......;search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aiQJi57Xb......;search=

Actually these clips are from my new project with john Cerbone (from New York). Awesome SpeedTrance work....

Check this out if you want to see the future of hypnosis....

Speedtrance DVD out in thwo more weeks, a double set.... with actual clips and quality classroom instruction.
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Danny : Derren Brown isn't a hypnotist (at least that's not what he is making money out of)he also isn't an individual he is part of a team..

Paul mckenna very very rarely does any shows these days over here and he arguably the most successful stage hypnotist in the World

Andrew Newton another very successful hypnotist doesn't do any shows here so your theory is way off.

Richard these clips are nothing new or special.. but I'm sure youl make a few bucks from posting on this thread. In fact the clips are very basic. And I would even say rough as far as almost pulling someone's arm out of their socket. It just isn't necessary or even looks good.

And yes I have a passport didn't you read my previous post on my travels across Spain?

There is no market there at the moment. No such a thing as "4 walling" in that part of the world.

Danny:As for taking my time in Vegas you told me it was "impossible" which taking my time in a country where I have no real contacts probably is. you also told me it was impossible where you are.

I think Richard has demonstrated on his clips what I was commenting on.

I don't need to post any more on this thread. I think Richard has put a full stop on it for me. They say more than I ever could.

Yes they probably are the future of hypnosis bars everywhere will be full of "hypnotists" pulling peoples arms off..

The thing is I don't want to go back into stage hypnosis anyway it would be a step backwards for me. (not in the current market)The main point I was making was that the mass marketing of the secrets of stage hypnosis was killing the art. Cheapening it. As it has done over here.

I believe it even more after Richard's last post.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19818 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You sing the song of failure.

You COULD not get back in the market, as you are proving every post. But it is easier to complain and knock those who do it for a living.

As it works out even those working at bars are making a living.

I think that you rode a wave and were one of those who didn't earn your place, no matter what that place was.

I told you Vegas with no bank roll is not possible. I told you the truth. Starting any business without a proper bankroll is simply not possible. IF you had earned your place the first time, it would be easy to adapt to the process. Like I said you never learned the busienss end. Your a cautionary tale.

But is easier to complain than do something, that you are proving.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
carldourish
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of carldourish
I agree, no money from Spain point off view. However you need to check where the British are now going too. I have just come back from a successful session in Bulgaria on the Sunny Beach Coast area. This is the new Spain where the British are concerned.

Carl
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
When I do my stage show at a local bar, I do a "door deal" only collecting $10 from every person walking into the room. That is 2K. Then sales of DVD's and CD's. Add another 1K. I pay the soundman $100 and my assistant $100 and keep the balance. Not shabby for 2 hours of work... And the purpose of the video was to demonstrate the flixibility of hypnosis and its adaptability.

And although I like making money, the oneman show routine on the DV is a crowdstopper. It is an entertainment, an artform. Some artists earn the salary of Picasso, others wait tables, but they all love art.

Anyone who quits hypnosis becasue they weren't making money, probaly didn't love the art. For any performer, the applause is the greatest reward.
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19818 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Anyone who quit hypnosis because they couldn't figure out how to make money, has no idea how to make money. Lets say you only get 100 people at 10 bucks and only 500 bucks in sales. Well 15 hundred on the night, or more like 13 after paying the people is still not too bad 3 or 4 times a week. THAT is with low numbers.

Problem is you have to have the show to back it up, and the money to get the thing started so you have good numbers. Again it is not the medium, it is the performer.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
kcalB
View Profile
Special user
Took me 14 years to make
997 Posts

Profile of kcalB
Isn't it true that the lessons one learns from one's mistakes are the most valuable lessons in business?
I submit to you that learning from Richard's and Danny's success should be secondary to learning from MPs mistakes.

I don't want this post to be insulting and I only wish to be helpful,
That being said if MP would think outside the box for a moment, I believe that he is sitting on a goldmine publication that would go nicely as prelude to a set by Richard and Danny which is to say,
MP should write a book on what not to do.

I'd buy that for a dollar,
Black
"Klaatu barada nikto"

Former Member of P.E.A.
Creator of The Clearly Q&A Board

Alumni
ECSSI
ECSSII
ECSSIII
ECSSIV
ECSSV
BizarreHauntingsI
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Quote:
On 2007-09-06 18:44, mindpunisher wrote:
Every failed commedian or karaoke operator wanted to be a hypnotist all of a sudden. Schools sprouted up to supply them with the know how.

Although I don't share your pessimistic view of the market in the UK Mindpunisher, I think you have a point above. I did some stage hypnosis training with Jon Chase who expresses it in his book this way. 'Stage Hypnotists hold a unique position in the entertainment world....We are 'The Hypnotist'...You go along to a club bar where you listen to a comic or singer or magician. Some are brilliant and some are OK, some are dire. You watch the bad ones and think 'oh well the girl/guy last week was good' and you keep coming back. One bad comic or singer does not make them all bad.

Perhaps because of the uniqueness of our art though, 'The Hypnotist' does not fit this scene. For some strange reason when a person sits through a badly presented or even failed hypnosis show, they think we are all and one the same. Most of the time they don;t even remember the hypnotists name. We are seen so rarely by our audiences they assume we all do the same thing....What remains is the recall of seeing 'The Hypnotist'. Realising this is why every established act in the world winces at the thought of someone hitting the headlines with bad press. When they screw up we all get the Flack.' Deeper and Deeper J Chase.

My personal view is that the market is interested in hypnosis - it fscinates just as much as it always has. They may not want a 'club 18-30' show (although perhaps they all imagine is out there) and deserve something that is fresh, entertaining and treats them with some intelligence while making them corpse with laughter.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Quote:
On 2007-08-31 12:38, Dynamike wrote:
I am a mentalist. I never studied hypnotism. I was wondering which has the highest income?

This is a Laughable Post!

your income is the Risk of whatever something that you do very very Well
its a reward from a Goal....Not a Goals in itself ....you can not make Popularity and/or Monetary as Your Goals.....

You see, neither Money nor Success can be set up as a Goals, because they are NOT Goals in themself! instead they are rewards for achievieng a GOAL.This is an important idea. A reward Obviously can not be pursued alone for its own sake. Rewards like Wealth and Honor are derived from achieving something, NOT from themself. To Win money and Success, YOU need a Goal: for as just pointed out, onemust have a goal to attain it, and only by attaining it can one expect the subsequent reward

whatever you do, the moment money or success becomes the primary goal, that very goal will evade from you. Of even greater concern, the products will gradually degenerate, because money and success have become more important that the quality of the products or service
Dr. Eamon
View Profile
Inner circle
------------eXtrementalism------------ ..........IT'S ALL IN YOUR MIND..........
1246 Posts

Profile of Dr. Eamon
Again it's all in the presentation...

Best,
John
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
Sebastian I am sitting on a goldmine and I am thinking well outside the box. Well away from stage work and working with businesses to make more money. Things are starting to show real promise. I am now currently making around 2-3K sterling for about five hours work. The market is there although the marketing is difficult.

We aren't talking about mistakes we are talking about changing shifting markets. I worked full time for about 10 years on stage. At the peak in early 90s I was earning around 4K sterling a theatre type show (apprrox 9k by todays ticket prices)

Anthony I don't see a market over here. When you are actually making a good living from perorming stage work then I will listen to you. Otherwise your personal view holds no credibility.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » Hypnotist vs. Mentalist income (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL