The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My first time performing at Fechter's Finger Flinging Frolic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
First and foremost, I want to thank Obie O’Brien for giving me, a-nobody, a chance to perform on his stage. Thank you Obie!

The single greatest moment being a magician, for me.

April 1999

The quality isn’t that great but at least you can see what goes on at the world's greatest close-up magic convention. Even though you can’t see the coins that great, you’ll get the idea.

Your comments, feedback, suggestions or just good ol' fashion ridicule are welcome and appreciated.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NqOoWUcB_yU
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
What can I say ...... The kid has style! Wonderful moment indeed. Oh man..... one day.... maybe one day!

Great stuff!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thanks Rannie, I appreciate it. Coming from you, that means a lot to me!

It would be an honor to sponsor you at a 4-F one day!
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Looked great! Well done buddy!
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Thanks Pete. Truly one of the highlights of my life!
AnthonyMaze
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego, Ca
260 Posts

Profile of AnthonyMaze
Im mad... its not working for me, I keep pressing it and it 'acts' like its going to play, then it just shows the starting picture and doesn't play for me. :-( ARGH! Im sure its great though Smile

Hey Justin, when can I hear that story about the D'lites Smile
...for the 51st time... that is NOT my card...
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
On 2007-09-06 00:55, AnthonyMaze wrote:
Im mad... its not working for me, I keep pressing it and it 'acts' like its going to play, then it just shows the starting picture and doesn't play for me. :-( ARGH! Im sure its great though Smile

Hey Justin, when can I hear that story about the D'lites Smile

I don't know why it won't play for you! It's really a thing af beauty and I hope youcan get it to play. Are you clicking on the link?

I will get to the D'Lite story soon, promise.

I would like to know why I am not getting more comments???

I reply to and leave comments to almost everybodys clips but yet I don't see any love in return?

What's up with that?
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10960 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
WOW ..........WHAT STYLE................
Justin your name fits you to the tee ..That would be a proud moment for anyone I loved the way you used the music for your performing STYLE opps there I go again .. lol
Justin I hope some day to meet and share magic with you..
take care my friend once again BRAVO
the godfather
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
You're great! And your hands are like... WOW. I wonder what else they could do. Hahaha. Kidding aside, thanks for sharing the video. AUdience handling was superb, though, I also had the same problem as Anthony, I had to switch laptops. Hehe. Maybe it's the adobe flash thing again... Video error aside, this is a sure fav! I wish the boss could bring you to manila so we could watch another coin god at work.
schwarzeine
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of schwarzeine
Mr Style,

For every session we have, the boss never fails to mention your name. Now I know why. Great video sir! And like what cyssa said, we sincerely hope the Manila Famiglia could watch you live.
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
Man, it's really something performing there. What a great moment for you Justin! Done with style. Yeah, the Boss always mentions you. Even tries to break you world record. LOL! Those good old silver coins make it easier to see even if the camera is far away.
imagine the possibilities... endless...
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
The look on your face from backstage was priceless STYLE! The look of pure joy and excitement. What an inspiration. I remember just performing for a gathering of magicians the first time.... heck they were even my friends and mentors... I remember feeling uneasy. To think I have no SHAME! They even call me Mr. Ice in the industry....BUT no! I was shaking the first time. From the camera's distance ....plus ROCCO's fantastic camera work Smile , it was hard to see the hands. I see the coins alright! The way you handled what started as a pretty cold crowd to an almost wild crowd...was awesome. I also appreciate the support from ROCCO. I hear him chuckle... This reminds me of myself when I take footages of my friends and students.... I am alays the first you hear to chuckle or shout...."YEAH"!

Later Style!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Wow! Thanks you guys, I appreciate your feedback!

Dear Don-Vincenzo;

I thank you for your comments; I humbly kneel before you, to kiss your ring in acknowledgement and acceptance of your praise. Your approval means a lot to me and today I feel like a made man!

Cyssa,
Please don’t tempt me…lol or one of these days, these hands are gonna walk all over you! Your comment is sweet, but please, I am nowhere near great. I’m just a no body from New Jersey! (With a great, killer, Hudson River view of NYC)

Schwarzeine,

Let’s get one thing straight. My friends call me Justin! My farther is MR. Style, Capece?

OK. Thanks for the compliment, I hope to meet you all one day, I’m just scared of traveling these days, know what I’m saying?

Verricobl,

Thanks!

Rannie,

Thanks! Call me Just-no-fear in Style! Gotta love the moment; never waste energy on the negative. Enjoy every moment, because you know, it might be the last. I never want to say “what if”

Remember, it did start a little cool. And I was loaded and ready to go, so I could have let that moment get to me. But I never care; I don’t let that stuff affect me. I have an agenda and I am going to stick with it. I never force anyone to watch my performance, but (Always) by the end, they are into it. I’m glad you noticed that, thanks.

But let me say this. That was not Rocco laughing. It was a guy sitting next to him. I love that guy and wish I knew who he is? His laugh is great.

:cheers: Smile Smile Everybody!
Magic_Steve
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
1476 Posts

Profile of Magic_Steve
Justin,

WOW! Excellant video my friend. Definitly enjoyed it, and you're a helluva entertainer. I especially liked that little italien joke you threw in there. LOL!

Good Luck bro, I'm sure this won't be the last we hear of you doing great things.

Best.
Steve
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Just watched it AGAIN and yer right JS, MAMA MIA! I know you sure give this novice coin man inspiration!
Mick
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Hey Steve and Mickey -

Thanks, I appreciate your feedback and nice words! Even though the video is shakey, I'm glad I have that moment captured!

And a belated Happy Birthday, Mick!

Justin
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » My first time performing at Fechter's Finger Flinging Frolic (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL