The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » If this was your venue. Street Entertainment Hypnosis 20 min. What is your routine? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Okay WITHOUT going into...

"I'd never perform on the sidewalk"
"That's not my cup of tea" ...etc....

Here is the situation. Most here I think do Magic or Mentalism at the VERY LEAST. Okay besides doing the few tricks and mind reading here and there, you also did hypnosis. However you just have one chair and therefore can ONLY Hypnotize just ONE PERSON at a time, and you ONLY had as people on the streets, have places to go 20 minutes top, that INCLUDES a Pre-Talk, and Induction, what would your routine consist of. For the Skeptics. Look, I do this EVERY WEEKEND noise and all (noise does NOT matter, but you know that). I do it 2-4 times a night. Yes a huge crowd of 50+ (Which is a lot for me) gather, I gets LOTS of Applause and a hat full of tips. Here's how I do. Look how I explain, try using THE SAME FORMAT.

1) 3-4 Minute Pre-Induction Talk Including Q & A. This includes, Heart, Epilepsy, Severe Emotional Instability, Drugs and having more than 2 drinks Inquiries.
2) Induction 7-8 Minutes
3) Routine about 8 minutes.

Here's the Routine.

1) I ALWAYS....ALWAYS make them forget the number 2. You have fun with that.
2) Everytime I say the word Tunafish you clap three times and start laughing so hard your eyes get teary. They do. It's funny as the audience laughs at them.
3) Anytime I say the words Money, and (or) Tip, you'll get up and do the booty shake. You'll shake the junk in your trunk, that the GOOD LORD gave you.
4) Whenever you see me holding a red hankercheif, you'll smell the most foulest, most rank odor you've ever smelled. Soon you'll realize it's someone's (NOT ME...LOL) FEET and you in unknown certain terms tell this person to hop in the shower, and next time they wash to really scrub there stinky FEET (Wink...Wink) especially between their toes.

Okay two NEW routines I do, is I make my INVISIBLE, and if it's a girl which I won't lie...hahaha 90% of the time IT IS, I'll tell them that when they open up their eyes though PLAYFULL, Appropriate), and innocent, they'll all of a sudden find me attractive and will flirt will me, and so on. The one and ONLY time thus far I've done this I had a flower I gave to the girl. I then (which I'll do 50% of the time) suggest amnesia ONLY for the whole hypnosis part. Yes she had no idea when I gave her the flower. I'll tell you like 80% will have total amnesia ANYWAY willout needing suggestion, where as the other 20% may just remember ONLY one experiment and even that is fuzzy.

I then count them out going to 5 using LOTS of flowery language so there is NO CHANCE of Hypnotic Hangover. I DO take what I do seriously, where I perform seriously, and their care VERY seriously.

Okay you are in my shoes you just have one seat which does have arm rest. You're a Street Performer (though you do, do shows occasionally as well), and you ONLY have 20 minutes for EVERYTHING, describe in SOME DETAIT what your small routine is, Thanks.

Again saying I'd never do that...etc...etc is NOT a option. If that's the case you there's no law in saying you have to reply...lol. Thank You All, Ed, (Eddini) C.H.
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
Lee Darrow
View Profile
V.I.P.
Chicago, IL USA
3588 Posts

Profile of Lee Darrow
Good luck.

Doing street hypnosis anywhere except somewhere where there is an established street entertainment performance area is going to be pretty much impossible for a number of reasons (unless you have a big TV crew following you around!)...

People are NOT going to simply stop because you ask them to - check out the street performing forums for details - it's far too complicated to go into here.

People are NOT going to simply trust a street performer to hypnotize them - not unless you have seeded the crowd first with someone that you can demonstrate with as a preliminary "volunteer." People are getting increasingly paranoid about things like identity theft and the like these days...

Lastly, and, probably most importantly, you absolutely need to be in line with the state AND local laws regarding both street performing AND doing stage hypnosis because some cops simply dislike street performers and will use ANY excuse to bust one - many of the cops I've talked to are of the opinion that street entertainers are about a quarter-step away from conmen anyway...

So be careful, and make SURE that your performer's insurance covers your street performances!

Lee Darrow, C.H.
http://www.leedarrow.com
<BR>"Because NICE Matters!"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19823 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2007-08-31 23:51, Lee Darrow wrote:
Good luck.

Doing street hypnosis anywhere except somewhere where there is an established street entertainment performance area is going to be pretty much impossible for a number of reasons (unless you have a big TV crew following you around!)...

People are NOT going to simply stop because you ask them to - check out the street performing forums for details - it's far too complicated to go into here.

People are NOT going to simply trust a street performer to hypnotize them - not unless you have seeded the crowd first with someone that you can demonstrate with as a preliminary "volunteer." People are getting increasingly paranoid about things like identity theft and the like these days...

Lastly, and, probably most importantly, you absolutely need to be in line with the state AND local laws regarding both street performing AND doing stage hypnosis because some cops simply dislike street performers and will use ANY excuse to bust one - many of the cops I've talked to are of the opinion that street entertainers are about a quarter-step away from conmen anyway...

So be careful, and make SURE that your performer's insurance covers your street performances!

Lee Darrow, C.H.

As per usual, Lee has covered the main concerns I have. saved me a LOT of typing and I might hasten to add said it far more elequantly and nicer than I ever could.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Yes Lee knows his stuff and as always is tactful. I politely gave my responce while true is a tiny bit different. All towns are different I guess and people trust me as I've done it same place same time for 10 years. Neither Lee or myself are right or wrong. He right about what he wrote, I'm right on what I wrote based on experiences I've had the fact I entertain, and make much more in tips. Thanks, Ed, (Eddini) C.H.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Okay let's forget the street element. Let's say you ONLY had 20 minutes including everything, it may be a talent show, variety show, or halftime if you only had 20 minutes describe your routine, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
mindpunisher
View Profile
Inner circle
6132 Posts

Profile of mindpunisher
I have one seat?

I would sit on it myself and watch the world go by. I don't understand why anyone would want to do a show like this. If you are going to do hypnosis why don't you do proper shows and get off the street?

Eddini it sounds like to me that what you need to do is change your vision and perhaps increase your self esteem.

It is EASIER doing proper shows in the right conditions.

But you have this street performer thing ingrained into your head. Why on earth would anyone want to do a show with one seat in your conditions?

Mad is the only word I can think of..
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19823 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I would never do a show such as that, and can not imagine why anyone would.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Hi,

My first post. Glad to be amongst you and hope I can offer you something while I learn from you.

Firstly respect to you Eddini, I to do some street hypnosis but have never done it as an 'act' on the street to earn cash, only done that on stage. My street hypnosis has purely been for the entertainment and personal development of my impromptu hypnosis skills and for some TV work.

Despite Lee's concerns about finding willing 'helpers' I have always found it quite easy to get people to volunteer for hypnosis on the street and very easy to drum up a crowd too.

My typical routine begins with some standard hypnotic tests used as the hypnotic induction. Then I just do a rapid induction like a handshake and immediately test my work with some suggestions - normally for catalepsy or levitation of an arm, then I link this to laughter. Beyond that, amnesia is good, hypnotic glue is fun but my signature routine I confess is telling people that their property (hats, coats, wallets, watches) belongs to me, then removing it from them. I also love invisibility.

I have plenty of vids on youtube if you are interested, some from my stage show and some on the street, just do a search on my name Anthony Jacquin They are a little raw but should give you an indication of how I work.

I really like the idea of actually taking a chair out and setting a little stage that way. Until now I have simply used street furniture or hypnotised them standing up.

One thing that stood out for me is 7-8 minutes on deepening. Although this perhaps gives you time to draw a crowd it does seem a little long.

I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
I have had a great deal of fun using "street hypnosis" to promote my show, going into venue a week in advance and doing even a one man show. I am always in favor of ENTERTAINMENT, the world is too serious. Seeing remarkable jugglers, magicians, and even a skilled hypnotist having fun with willing people in imporomtu settings is cool.
I would also suggest, that those who think a "proper show" (how British) should learn a one man show routine. The reason is simple, somenight, and it may be long from now, but somenight in some venue somewhere, you are going to need a one man show. Even in Vegas the other night, due to a change in venue, only 25 people attended a show with usually 125. Some people say they just turn the small crowd into a "lecture" but people didin't pay for a leecture, they paid for a SHOW. Gaurantee, Terry Stokes was skilled in doing a one man show, entertaining the crowd and having FUN entertaining.... When you have three people on stage, leaving 21 in the audience, having this kind of background/training can really help a person pull off a weakly promoted or unlucksy "proper" stage show.

Richard
Dr. Richard Nongard, Professional Hypnosis Training
Learn how to master the art of SpeedTrance, Clinical and Stage Hypnosis
Bluebox
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of Bluebox
20 minutes is too short. If you're doing this to promote yourself I would try to stage the whole act. Have a bunch of people who can already readily go into hypnosis and plant them in a crowd or something.

Or you can just be honest and announce your subject as your assistant who will demonstrate the various phenomenons.
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Quote:
On 2007-09-15 15:39, Anthony Jacquin wrote:
Hi,

My first post. Glad to be amongst you and hope I can offer you something while I learn from you.

Firstly respect to you Eddini, I to do some street hypnosis but have never done it as an 'act' on the street to earn cash, only done that on stage. My street hypnosis has purely been for the entertainment and personal development of my impromptu hypnosis skills and for some TV work.

Despite Lee's concerns about finding willing 'helpers' I have always found it quite easy to get people to volunteer for hypnosis on the street and very easy to drum up a crowd too.

My typical routine begins with some standard hypnotic tests used as the hypnotic induction. Then I just do a rapid induction like a handshake and immediately test my work with some suggestions - normally for catalepsy or levitation of an arm, then I link this to laughter. Beyond that, amnesia is good, hypnotic glue is fun but my signature routine I confess is telling people that their property (hats, coats, wallets, watches) belongs to me, then removing it from them. I also love invisibility.

I have plenty of vids on youtube if you are interested, some from my stage show and some on the street, just do a search on my name Anthony Jacquin They are a little raw but should give you an indication of how I work.

I really like the idea of actually taking a chair out and setting a little stage that way. Until now I have simply used street furniture or hypnotised them standing up.

One thing that stood out for me is 7-8 minutes on deepening. Although this perhaps gives you time to draw a crowd it does seem a little long.

I look forward to reading more of your posts.

Anthony
http://www.anthonyjacquin.com

Anthony really this is fate just the past couple of days I've been watching your videos. I haven't really done stage stuff. Or parlor stuff. The most people I've done was five girls on a bench. I told them to take it seriously. At first they were, but like in your clip they got the giggles. I should've stuck to my guns because I almost always I just do one person 95% of the time. One, or two of them girls I know would've worked. I knew they were faking, when I gave them a post hypnotic suggestion to get up a dance (touching my nose I think), one said "Oh we need to get up and dance now" just all laughing, I just cut it short then. I'm AGAINST stooges (I'm a Mentalist too as well as a Magician 16 years now). They say doing a group is easier (HOWEVER I find it easier, and have more success, which is 75%-80% just doing one person...lol), but to me as I do THERAPY too, and just got certified by HMI Hypnosis Motivational Institute (Oh yes I got my Certificate today I'm a C.H.). Also Anthony I'm still new. I've only been studying 8 months. I've made my OWN Self-Hypnosis tapes. I see a Hypnotherapist weekly who is top qualified not ONLY Certified but Liscenced in two states. She has listened to my Tapes plus one a therapy session I did last April. Once Anthony my Mom was in pain I did a half an hour session. She has bad severe leg pain, and has had parts in them and like 8 surgeries on them knees mostly. I got into her subconscious, and had it release endorphins and I had her tell me what the Endorphins look like a classis Visualization technique and though it is real, it just makes it more REAL to them. Her pain went from a 7 to a 4.

Anthony my MAIN VENUE 85% of the time is "Street Magic / Mentalism". I do shows, you know close-up, cards mostly, and Mentalism including metal bending. No because of financial problems, (also to answer those why not do stage shows?), is because I don't have speakers, a mic...etc. I've never even owned a car. I've done "Street Magic" for 10 years now same time 6pm-2am every Friday & Saturday. So every one knows me Another reason to WHY I do it to the others. People know me I have my "Regulars / Fans", so to the guys above who posted "Why do it", or "Only a Madman would do it or whatever" (That's them. My fans like it, ASK for it, and I get good tips, so to the guys above THAT'S why I do it) I have Instant Rapport. Also even when not doing Hypnosis, just to Educate people on Hypnosis as performing my Magic, I do my 3 minute pre-induction speach, and after doing my Magic, like 60%-70% of the time someone will ask "Can you hypnotise me", or lots of times people want to be hypnotized together with friends. Since I only have one chair (the chair I site in behind my close-up case for when it's slow), I'll test them, I do the handshake interupt (though I do shake hanfds instead of pulling away) I bring it up say look at a spot, deep breath as you breath out close your eyes. Now imagine your forehead is metal and your hand is a magnet. That it's feel it draw closer to your face. When it hits there face I say okay eyes open. I then sit them in my chair and to "My Induction" which is unique as it has all phases of other inductions, (Compounding, Fractionation, Visualization, Progressive Body Relaxation, Eye Fixation, Hand Rising Levitation as a secondary induction/deepener/ideo-motor testing, Arm Drops, Circuling The Head...etc), I like it. While yes 10 minutes is a little long, I've TRIED like other inductions. BTW, other test I do are the Handlock, with index fingers drawing together, and I put my fist between their hands and say their hands are metal plates, my fist a magnet. You did that one but you just said each hand is a Magnet, same thing though....ROCK ON. Great Minds Think Alike...lol.

I've posted "My Induction" Anthony, and the replies I got was "Eddini you don't need to bore them to death to hypnotize them, stick to just one induction". I just replied look, I've tried that, you know Elman, Overload Technique, Rehearsal Induction...etc, and they only go to like medium trance. I ALWAYS go for Somnabulism ( a level 5, on the 1-6 Harry Aarons trance depth scale). In ten mitutes though I can suggest invisibility, and it works. Well not technically, I do other test, and I leave that for my last test, so in 18 minutes they will not see me as after each test I say "Now when I say sleep, and snap my fingers, you'll go down three times deeper", (Fractionation), so after each test/routine, they go THREE TIMES DEEPER. So for ME this is what works.

I've tried "Rapid Inductions", and ONLY twice have they collapsed (SAFELY of course) forward, with arms so relaxed. I've tried the Calvin Banyan 8 word hand pressure one, but I felt like I was pulling them in to me. I do one that I learned on youtube by Tom Silver. It not like Lightening quick. It takes 90-120 seconds. It's like the handshake induction, but you do it three times. You could call it "The Prgressive Handshake Induction". There are two parts. Part One You Explain to them what'll happen and how they'll feel after each handshake thereby implanting suggestions. Part two the actual handshakes with like 5-10 suggestions for each handshke. I'll explain it here. First is this a "Original By Tom Silver", or is the 3 Handshake Induction known? While it may not be as fast as a Shock, induction, it is rapid, as to me normal inductions are like 4-10 minutes. 90 seconds is still pretty fast. I'll post this as a seperate post. Actually I've wanted to post this for a while.

"The 3 Handshake Induction"

(This is the sitting version, if standing you just say "Your legs will support you very safely, and don't worry just fall into me, I'll catch you, as you go deeply into hypnosis while on my shoulder").

"Look sorry I'm not looking at you in the eyes, I will, when I shake your hand then look away again. I'm going to shake your hand 3 times. Each I'll look you in the eye. Each time I shake your hand you's going to want to close your eyes more and more after each handshake. The First Time I shake your hand you'll have a incredible desire to close your tired eyes relaxing deeply. The second time I shake you're hand you'll barely be able to keep your eyes open, it'll be like you've been up all night watching T.V. and can feel your eyes barely open, relaxing even more deeply. On handshake 3 You'll close your eyes and drop deeply into hypnosis, and you'll lean in forward safely in your chair.

(Okay when you shake their hand hold it for 5-10 seconds repeating the above suggestion. Your eyes should be a little intence but with a "Soft Look", and each time, your own eyes you'll close a little more, thereby doing bodily suggestions to them as well. When you look away, look away 5-10 seconds, perhaps staying silent, or saying something to the effect "Just feel your body relaxing more and more head to toe. Your tone NEEDS to be soft and queit, except on handshake three when you say sleep, say it loud with authority as you moderately use force to pull them forward).

(Handshake #1)
"Yes that's it feel the sandman in your eyes feeling , those tired eyes wanting to close more and more as you feel deep relaxation coming over you. (Let go of hand look away 5-10 seconds).

(Handshake #2)
"Now barely even able to close your eyes. Your relaxing so, so deeply now. You can barely keep your eyes open huh? (They'll usually nod ever so slightly). It's as if you been up all night, that's it eyes closing but not all the way, relaxing more and more deeply. (Let go of hand look away 5-10 seconds).

(Handshake #3)
"Relaxing even more look right into my eyes, take a deep breath, that's right, and breathing out, and noooow SLEEP"!!! (Pull them forward only jerking just a little. You then do 1 or 2 breif deepener's, like a 10-1 count down, telling them going deeper body so loose and limp).

There you go. You know what. I was at Richard Nongard's site, and for the first time I learned there is a difference for deep trance, and a "Rapid Induction". Though yes you might do a count down as a deepener, this is ACTUALLY DEEP TRANCE. Richard if you are reading this am I right? The reason I said this, is because I did this to a guy, he was standing, and he LITERALLY feel forward, and is arms JUST DANGLED there. I even showed the others while saying "and look so deep and relaxed his arms just dangle". I then gave him good suggestions for having a great rest of the night. I counted him out. He commented afterward, that, it was the most relaxed he had ever been that it seemed unreal, and he said he COULD NOT EVEN MOVE HIS ARMS. I'm going to put this in a seperate post so that is it easy to find. It SHOULD NOT be erased as it GOES HERE AS WELL, as it fits into this post. Anyway people may be like just learn the one handshke, I KNOW it, but like the hand pressing down inducting the handshake ... etc. Also again this is what WORKS FOR ME.

Anthony here is a link to "My Induction".

http://nlpweekly.com/community/index.php......msg52861
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Oh yes I do the Arm Drops the gently rolling of the head. Since outside there is no ceiling. I have them stare into my palm which is a foot and a half above there head. I tell them as it lowers the more deeply relaxed and in trance they become. I I tell them when my hand lands on there forehead their eyes will close and will be in a nice state of trance. The descending ond the hand takes about 45 seconds. Also as that version is more therapuetic, as I keep the hand levitated a little while for entertainment I say when it reaches your face your hand will plop down bringing you more deeply down.

Some of the people (THEY KNOW WHO THEY ARE !!!) asked "Why do it on the street and said "madmen" only do that. You know I was DEEPLY hurt by that. Anyway I have some quotes (I need them anyway for avertising) from my fans, some are from newbies. They are....

“To all the critics..which if you know Ed you're not one : ) He's an amazing man. Tonight he mezmerized two of my best friends who live in a box...if ya know what I mean.... ED YOU ARE THE BEST in Portsmouth entertainment!!!! I hope to see ya again and again...Ya host parties cuz we all want to know cuz you're that great? hope the pc gets fixed soon....hugs and best wishes...mel “

“YES you totally sniffed my foot and knew I was a taurus haha. (Banachek’s Close- Up Duplication I Use To Mind Read Astrological Signs) that was my favorite trick for sure. yes I was with sarah haha, we wanted to stay and watch you for like ever hahah. we should be back next saturday =)” Jess

“yea my fav trick would have 2 be a toss up between the fire/quarter trick (In A Flash), and the wallet (A.C. To Mullica Wallet) one those were both pretty outstanding, and as for me I'm doing good, how are you ? that show was pretty amazing all together! “ Sarita

“my fav trick is deff the one that involves fire (In A Flash) because I am a pyro! really bad! lol.” Ashley

“I saw you doing your magic on the street and you guessed my sign correctly! Amazing!” Heidi

"Be careful who you let control your mind this stuff is real" Anonymous

"I got really dizzy and tired. It was a very thrilling experience. I was totally surprised hypnosis actually works. It was amazing." Nate

"He looked like he was not himself." Adam

"His magic is really amazing, I love watching him." Devin.

So I hope that ends the argument of WHY I do "Street Hypnosis". Quite simply it works, people love it, request it, and I get great tips. YOU DO WHAT WORKS FELLAS. Okay that's done. Like I said Anthony great clips. You know you can post them here. Post your Card Hypnosis Trick, and the clips with the girls, and the 10 minute stage clip. They'll like them. Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
An instant induction (or speedtrance) can rsult in deep trance, just like a rapid induction, or traditional induction. Current terms usually, but not always characterize traditional induction as induction lasting 5 minutes or longer, radid induction in 1-4 minutes, and instant iductions being those that occur within the first minute. (We use the term SpeedTrance for those inductions that take only seconds). Trance depth after any of these inductions may be very deep, or a deepener may be nescessary. Either way is fine.

The three shake handshake is an easy induction for beginners of instant induction, usually good for re-induction or those understanding hypnosis and wanting to experience hypnosis. We demonstrate this method on our SpeedTrance DVD.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19823 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The thing nobody ever mentions is what happens after you biff the speed induction.

You look like a complete idiot, and all of your credability is now gone. Good luck with ANY trance after that. The risk is hardly worth the reward.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Quote:
On 2007-09-21 18:43, Dannydoyle wrote:
The thing nobody ever mentions is what happens after you biff the speed induction.

You look like a complete idiot, and all of your credability is now gone. Good luck with ANY trance after that. The risk is hardly worth the reward.

Yes and I agree. 95% of the time I do "My Induction" (8-10 minutes) Danny. I remembered we PM'eD each other and you mentioned looking like a fool, and doing Sidewalk Hypnosis the Expectancy isn't there. True, I do a good 3 minute pre induction talk though. My success rate is about 80% or so. Also I can't really do stage / group inductions. You know how they say it's easier to do group inductions, well not for me. For me it's the opposite. I guess it's because when learning (still learning), I learned from the HypnoTHERAPY angle. I've ONLY done a induction with more than 1 person, like 4-5 times. Two people were okay and even then, only one went into somnabulism. The other I could only go medium depth, and could only do "Physical Stunt", like the "Steel Arm". Actually once I took the time and carried two extra chairs, plus mine so three in all. I was SOOO EMABARRESSED. Only ONE person responded, and it wasn't that deep of a stunt. As I don't believe in "Spectator Abuse", I said "The person I'm touching right now, whenever I touch you, you'll feel a MILD zap, kinda like static electricity". I did and they would pull away. The most I tried was 5 girls. I TOLD them to TAKE IT SERIOUSLY, and to COOPERATE WITH ME 100%. I say that to ALL subjects. I should've stuck to my guns because as I wrote above. I know 2 of them would've been GREAT SUBJECTS, but they pleaded. NOW no exception, I just do one on one and IT IS ENTERTAINING. I just got a job to work at this seasonal store "The Holloween Store" twice a week, till the end of October. I'll come in on a weekday for one hour for a SMALL fee, plus free advertisement as they'll pass out business cards and fliers for me. A nice trade. I told I'm a C.H., and she was cool with it. I'll set up in the store, and people will come up to me, as I'll call people to me as they browse, and I told them to say when people come in "Hi Guys Go Check Out Eddini The Magician, He's Great, and It's a Courtesy from Us". I WISH to God they were open everyday. No just Halloween and Christmas Season. I've been bumming SO BAD for money, It made my day. I'm starting tomorrow. I wrote up the contracts. Now I SERIOUSLY doubt I'll do any hypnosis in a stor, but my name will get out there. I'll go store to store as I've been looking for a permanent "Inside Gig". Other store owners will see me and have the great mind for me to do the same. I'm SOOOO Happy. Thanks for the feedback, Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19823 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
OOOOOOOOOK lets get terms straight.

A SPEED INDUCTION per se does NOT INVOLVE A 4 MINUTE PRE INDUCTION TALK now does it? (Speedtrance as Richard has pointed out)

As counter intuative as it seems people who are able to be dropped with a speedtrance technique are quite often far deeper than you think. The reason being is that they are SO willing that they drop like a stone. Also you may conisder this for your musement. (is that even a word?) I would like to know how many people who we do "speedtrance" on are people who have been hypnotised before? If so then it is "technically" a "REINDUCTION" now isn't it? (Just seeing who is paying attention and who isn't LOL)

Let me state for the record my position on "INSTANT" and "SPEED" inductions. I personally only use them on a rare ocasion. I don't believe that for me they are theatrically sound for a couple of reasons. First of all people expect to see an induction, so give em one. Make it a good one theatrical and entertaining.

Second of all it is a "Risk VS Reward" thing to me. Biff the speedtrance on stage, and WOW are you behind the 8 ball. For ME not a good place to be.

I think they can be great in certain places and I do use them when I feel it is right to do so. It can be great for "Modeling Behavior" and so forth. Just not my normal MO is all.

As for trying them one at a time, one on one, well the risk is HUGE. As for hypnosis in a store, get insured first.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Nongard1
View Profile
Special user
664 Posts

Profile of Nongard1
Ed, here is a video of John Cerbone demonstrating that method:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CV06qId1HCg
Anthony Jacquin
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2220 Posts

Profile of Anthony Jacquin
Quote:
On 2007-09-23 09:36, Dannydoyle wrote:
OFirst of all people expect to see an induction, so give em one. Make it a good one theatrical and entertaining.

I agree - the audience want to see the bit they never get to see on TV - people atually being hypnotised. The drop back works for me as it is showy, visual and effective. Can you suggest another induction that works well on stage Danny?

Anthony
Anthony Jacquin

Reality is Plastic! The Art of Impromptu Hypnosis
Updated for 2016

Now on Kindle and Audible!
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
19823 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
It is my experience that people are expecting a "progressive relaxation" induction. This is the demographic I work anyhow. I have as much time for the show as I wish, and in general a proper theater setting and set up.

I take almost no risks in my induction. What I mean is if I want their eyes closed I tell them to close them. I don't wait till they feel like doing it. I use a LOT of visual imiagry. (Wow that HAS to be spelled wrong) People think in pictures, it is easier for your mind to think in pictures. So give them something to imagine. That helps a lot I have found.

The opening lecture (or pre talk as it is refered to by everyone but me) is where the induction really begins. (Actually before they come in but that is another story.) A good opening lecture is the foundation of any induction. They will go for anything you want once they like and trust you. It is always easier to take people where they already expect to go. So I personally like the progressive relaxation.

After a good opening lecture/pre talk, you have them anyhow.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Danny, when I did on the rare times like 5 in all, I never did a pre-induction talk. I just said I was a hypnotist and it's safe that's it. Look below at my Induction formula. Yes I've written my induction word for word but below in the (parts) of it. It IS a slower induvtion 8-10 minutes. Also below It says look at a spot. For entertainment as the sky doesn'y really have a spot. I say look at a spot on my palm. Look at it as if you had X-Ray vision, as if you could see right through that spot. The more it lowers the more you relax. Look at with sleepy dreamy, droopy, drowsy eyes. For convincers I add, yes your eyes are blinking more rapidly, your eyes are burning a little. When my hand touches your head your eyes will close. I then do the deep breathing, beach imagery, or (your favorite place real or imagined imagery).

My Induction Recipe/Parts

1) Eye Fixation / Then Close (Look at spot for about 30-45 seconds)

2) Five Deep Breaths (Holding for 5 seconds on four and five) DO ARM DROPS

3) Eye Opening / Fixation / Closing (Fractionation)

4) Visual Imagery, (Living Room, Blue Recliner, Blue Couch, Pictures, Statues, T.V., Books /Bookshelf, Videos / Video Shelf, Sound Of Refrigerator, Sound Of Computer, Smell of Plug-In)(THIS IS MY PERSONAL IMAGERY)

5) "Sleep Formula" 100 "Relax, Let Go and Sleep" after each number to 95. Use Compounding.

6) Progressive Body Relaxation, from Head to Toe. DO ARM DROPS

NOTE: You can use this, yes this induction just go down the line doing arm drops, and gently head circling.

7) "Sleep Formula" 94 "Relax, Let Go, and Sleep" to 90. GENTLY CIRCLE HEAD

8) Eye Catelepsy Test

9) Ericksonian Hand Rise (Two Minutes Only with Calming Suggestions)(For entertainment I say when it reaches your face your hand will plop on your lap bringing you deeper). This is to do THREE THINGS. Deepener / Ideomotor Testing / Secondary Induction

10. Count From 10-1. Use ELEVATOR Visualization. Press Lightly On Each Shoulder At The Same Time, on Each Count.

Testing

1) Steel Arm

2) Simple Amnesia, Number, Name, whatever.

Do Therapy. "Entertainment

On Awakening Suggest Partial Amnesia, with feeling 10 times better more calm relaxed, refreshed after sleeping for eight hours. Say, I’ll ONLY take in positive energy, and put out positive energy.

(That I gave to my Therapist she's good she doesn't really test, and I felt my depth wasn't that deep. So, I said I bet MY INDUCTION will work on me IT DID!!!)

Ed, (Eddini), C.H.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You are getting sleepy...very sleepy... » » If this was your venue. Street Entertainment Hypnosis 20 min. What is your routine? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.41 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL