The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » New David Copperfield Tour: "World of Wonders" (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
adam christopher
View Profile
Veteran user
316 Posts

Profile of adam christopher
I do know for a fact that Copperfield & Co. are rehearsing a new production in Vegas right now, don't know what it is developing into but they are rehearsing a new show!

~AC
Alexandermagic
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
22 Posts

Profile of Alexandermagic
Hmmm, Well that stepladder illusion has captured my interest. Anybody know more? Should be a powerful show after he's worked the bugs out in Malaysia and brings it to
U.S. And Lance, I'm performing in Alaska as we speak with your sub trunk. I get lots of compliments on the modern look of it. (only from magicians of course) I love that it looks like it's made out of metal or something. Of course such a big prop in
metal would be too heavy. What ever happened to George Kimmery? I couldn't find his designs at chaletmagic.com anymore.
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-09-03 06:44, adam christopher wrote:
I do know for a fact that Copperfield & Co. are rehearsing a new production in Vegas right now, don't know what it is developing into but they are rehearsing a new show!

~AC

If you check out davewomach.com you'll see a note there ( and photo) that he trained birds for something new for David.

A new show?????? Sounds encouraging.

Best,

Tim
Fabricem
View Profile
Elite user
479 Posts

Profile of Fabricem
New illusions? somebody of you have notices about this?
Banester
View Profile
Special user
669 Posts

Profile of Banester
Ticketmaster lists David as being in Vegas until the end of the year. I read in a forum that some people have called the number listed and nobody picked up. Although the last msg in the forum dated Sept 3rd stated that someone did pick up the phone and said tickets are not yet on sale. So who knows!?! I have heard he has a new show coming, but nothing about going overseas.

Someone else thought David was going to stay in Vegas for a while and maybe give Criss a run at his new Luxor home.

Speaking of camera tricks...Every Copperfield special I have seen David says without camera tricks. Even on his Illusions DVD he states in numerous tricks that he does not use camera tricks. His portal illusion on youtube he is also stating that he does not use camera tricks. So I don't think it was Criss that has David saying that.
The art of a magician is to create wonder.
If we live with a sense of wonder, our lives
become filled with joy
-Doug Henning-
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
David's in Singapore 3rd and 4th of Nov. Too bad I'll be in the army then. Its compulsory for all men here when you hit 18 yrs. @ years of millitary life. hiaz...small nation needs to be protected
AnthonyMaze
View Profile
Loyal user
San Diego, Ca
260 Posts

Profile of AnthonyMaze
I saw that picture and read what Dave had to say (at http://www.davewomach.com) Man, he sounds excited about what they were working on. (Thanks Timothy)

Im sure theres thousands of us across the nation that are going to be 'Giddy' till this thing unveils itself... It's like Micheal Jordan comming back to basketball. (hopefully David will still be up to par though ;-)! )
...for the 51st time... that is NOT my card...
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1006 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
Is there a full world tour schedule published somewhere?

There is no news of this on the Copperfield site...
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

http://www.magic2wear.com
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
Quote:
On 2007-09-06 04:56, AnthonyMaze wrote:

Im sure theres thousands of us across the nation that are going to be 'Giddy' till this thing unveils itself... It's like Micheal Jordan comming back to basketball. (hopefully David will still be up to par though ;-)! )

I remember the days when we couldn't wait to watch that next Copperfield special on television. Now I go out of my way to change the channel whenever Mindfreak comes on. SAVE US DAVID! LOL

Best,

Tim
Bill Hallahan
View Profile
Inner circle
New Hampshire
3212 Posts

Profile of Bill Hallahan
Well, I don't change the channel, but there is no question that I prefer a David Copperfield magic special to any other magic show.

Even if he'd quit over a decade ago, he'd still be the greatest magician of all time. Of course, I'm biased because of my generation, but David Devant didn't have the modern illusions we have today.

And, in his first ABC special, he played himself, which was a character that appealed to the young and old, and both men and women. He was already a pretty good showman then, and he got much better with time.

I have never seen David Copperfield perform live. I aim to change that!
Humans make life so interesting. Do you know that in a universe so full of wonders, they have managed to create boredom. Quite astonishing.
- The character of ‘Death’ in the movie "Hogswatch"
Freak Prodigy
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC & LA
1805 Posts

Profile of Freak Prodigy
I wonder where he ripped off that name from?

Oh wait, I already know.

Brett.
Blog:
http://www.bloudermilk.blogspot.com
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
Brett,

Names don't count, only props! Just kidding. LOL

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"

(From the guy who bought a name!)

P.S. I have seen Copperfield many times, including his original tour. How I compare magicians when I am asked (IE. Blaine/Angel/Copperfield) is to say that I prefer Copperfield as virtually all his material you can go and see performed live! (And I leave it at that!!!)
magicaldj1
View Profile
Regular user
Madison, Wisconsin
122 Posts

Profile of magicaldj1
I am currently visiting Las Vegas right now. The ads here have been saying he is performing at the MGM Grand until September 19th. Will be going to see him tomorrow night for the 2nd time this year. Saw him back in April in Madison, Wisconsin.
r1ch-oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Oxford, England
153 Posts

Profile of r1ch-oxford
Hi Magicaldj1

Let us know if anything is new in the show.

Rich
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
Could the show possibly have to do with the 7 wonders of the world?

Hmmmmmmmmmm........
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
Alexandermagic
View Profile
New user
Las Vegas, NV
22 Posts

Profile of Alexandermagic
Clock,

I think you've nailed it my friend! That's in my estimation, the only reason Coperfield would adopt such an otherwise "cheesy" title. I can see Chris Kenner convincing david of it right now. That's why he's so good!
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
So any news on anything new???

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
magicaldj1
View Profile
Regular user
Madison, Wisconsin
122 Posts

Profile of magicaldj1
Ok saw the show the other night. He brought back a few of the older illusions that haven't been in the show for a while. He did the elevator illusion, squeezebox, impregnating a female, the fan illusion, the lottery (without the car appearance), slo-mo duck, the death saw, killer(the one with the scorpian) and the motorcycle vanish. I thought it was a very good show. Some funny momments in it as well with the audience members. First time I ever saw the death saw and the fan live. I thought he did an excellent job as always. And the fifth time I have seen him. Hope to see him many times more.
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
461 Posts

Profile of Clock
In Vegas right?

Wow...this is very strange; but awesome! Come on, Dave...Fly again!

Was the name of the show different?
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
r1ch-oxford
View Profile
Regular user
Oxford, England
153 Posts

Profile of r1ch-oxford
WOW..... Sounds exciting.......... He may bring back the flying guys, I know he can't do it in the Hollywood Theatre as the ceiling is too low. So keep your fingers crossed.

Rich
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » New David Copperfield Tour: "World of Wonders" (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL