The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Tricks that work for children and adults (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1426 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
It has been suggested elsewhere in the Little Darlings that Lemon Game is an ideal trick for old and young (at least over 6 or 7). I would put Blow Yur Stack, Ultimate Snake Basket, Invisible Deck, and Linking Rings also in that category. What other tricks do you suggest that are extremely effective both with adults and kids (well, maybe not really young kids, but primary school and up)? Thanks.
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
Coin in Bottle, Magic Coloring Book.
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Miser's Dream for sure.

Andy
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1622 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On 2007-09-03 06:12, Andre Hagen wrote:
Miser's Dream for sure.

Andy

I agree with Andy.
The Miser's Dream is a feature trick for the young and old.
Richard Lyn
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1217 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Linking rings, T-and-R newspaper, die box, egg bag -- all work as well for either audience without changes in presentation. Too, I think the die box needs some kids to get the sucker aspect going and my own presentation of the egg bag requires a kid. I avoid card tricks (except snake basket) for anyone under 8 or so, and find the coloring book often impresses adults more than kids. Go figure.

Marc the Magic Man
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Ding Dong.

I've never quite understand "Blow Yer Stack." I know it's considered to be good 'cause you guys always rave about it, and I know CHance makes grat stuff, but I must be missing something on this one. I've read the description many times, but I can't see it. It looks to me like you're just making the kid fail in their attempt to stack the cups. Someone once said (Vernon?) a good trick can be described in one sentence. Could someone please do this for "Blow yer Stack"?
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1426 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I've never tried the coloring book on adults. Does it really work on them? And Miser's Dream sounds like a good one . . . Thanks for the replies. Any others besides these classics and Ding Dong (who produces that one)?
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Quote:
On 2007-09-03 08:57, Mumblemore wrote:
Ding Dong (who produces that one)?

Ron Jeremy?
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Okay, okay ... I was kidding about "Ding Dong."

But, for clarification, do you mean doing the same presentation for these audiences, or adapting it to fit either?

I think the "What's Next-Dinamo-Dot Card" variations fit the bill.
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Fantasy magician.

Ken
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
Hey Ken,

What is Fantasy Magician? I did a google search and a search on a magic store's web site and I cannot find this. By the way, I just ordered your DVD "Making the Birthday Dough", I'm looking forward to seeing it.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
kenscott
View Profile
Inner circle
1868 Posts

Profile of kenscott
Fantasy magician is a routine that I do/make wear you wrap a tux around a person and you do the magic through the arms of the coat. very funny routine! It is on my site.

Did you order the DVD from me or someone else?

ken
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
It's the age-old gag where you stand behind someone and reach your arms around them. It looks to the audience like your arms are the helpers arms. It can be very funny if done right.
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
I'll check out your site for the Fantasy Magician idea. Sounds fun. I ordered it from Penguin Magic. I think it was the only US site that came up with my search.
From the Encouraging Magic of...
Tony Thomas
www.magictonythomas.com
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
With the exception of sucker tricks, and card tricks most magic tricks can work with adults, and children. I believe that the difference between an adult trick, and a kids trick is mostly presentation.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
I believe it was Harris Solomon who said, when asked how to perform for kids, answered: "You bend your knees a bit."

Andy
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12336 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2007-09-03 11:44, Andre Hagen wrote:
I believe it was Harris Solomon who said, when asked how to perform for kids, answered: "You bend your knees a bit."

Andy

Says it all right there. Plus "common sense."

John
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Andy
The month is young, but that is the funniest post I've read so far in September.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1217 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Re: coloring book for adults. I've never tried it at an adult-only show, but had plenty of parents puzzle over it far harder than the children. Coloring book for adults ... hmmm ... maybe there is something there ...
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3723 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Coloring book for adults...check out the DVD set from Mel Mellers called "Tickling the Mind". There's an adult routine in there for that.

All ages effect..."Picto-Chango". The NON-original model from Mark Trimble. All ages, all situations, surrounded.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Tricks that work for children and adults (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL