The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Second Storm: The Close-Up Magic of John Guastaferro FINALLY! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1030 Posts

Profile of in flames
The wait is over. L&L just announced the release of John Guastaferro's new 2 DVD set.
http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......ucts_new

volume 1
Quick Draw — Here’s a great visual opener using nothing more than a pencil and finger ring. Features John's unique Ring Load and Drop Link.
Tricycle Cards — Four “baby jokers” become all grown up in this charming packet trick. Learn how to make the clever gaff in minutes.
Teeter Totter Aces — The spectators help find the four Aces with the push of a finger. Great for strolling.
Famous Aces — John reveals his stunning Ace assembly, where the Aces completely vanish from their packets and reunite inside the card box. This is the one everyone’s talking about!
Jokers To Go — Two Jokers inside the card box change places with the spectator’s card.
Remote Possibilities — A 52-on-1 card is used as a TV remote to locate the spectator's selection. A clever take on the ambitious card plot, with a surprise finish.
Fair Trade — The four Aces demonstrate their mind-reading ability, then transpose with the four Kings.
QuickPocket — The signed Kings are placed in four different pockets, then instantly change places with the spectator's signed Aces. Two variations included.
The Eerie Truth — A random card is selected using a few rolls of the dice. After showing that your written prediction matches the selected card, you reveal the eerie truth that the trick never happened!
BONUS: Vino Aces — Featured on L&L's World's Greatest Magic series, John’s “Vino Aces” is a spectacular presentation piece based on the classic “MacDonald's Aces.” Perfect for both close-up and parlor settings.

BRAINSTORM BREAKS Bonus ideas and effects
Cigarette Pack to Cards — A quick, visual opener where a pack of cigarettes instantly transforms into a deck of cards.
The Stress Test — An ingenious card revelation using a stress test card.
Trans-Pocket Switch — Show a card in your pocket before it’s actually there. This simple, yet deceptive switch has several clever applications.

volume 2
East Meets West — A half-dollar and Chinese coin repeatedly travel and change places in this multi-phase coin routine.
Optical Opener — The spectator finds the only printed card in a completely blank deck. But just like an optical illusion, things aren't always what they seem.
Here, There, Everywhere — The spectator’s card is seen in several places at the same time, finally appearing in a mysterious location.
Collectors With A Twist — The spectator slowly cuts the four Aces into the deck. First they turn face-up, then they capture three selected cards. A great twist on a classic effect.
Constellation — The spectator marks dots on your business card, which VISUALLY reposition themselves to reveal a selected card. A wonderful close-up illusion.
The Masterpiece — The magician tells a story about four artists and a blank canvas in this imaginative packet effect, which utilizes Peter Eggink’s “Ace Oddity” card.
Googly Eyes — The spectator finds her card by doing a Google search with the deck. A novel spelling effect with a surprise kicker.
Turning The Tables — The spectator plays the role of magician and finds the four Jacks without a clue how it was done! This novel presentation builds to a spectacular finish.
Ultimate Fate II — In this extension of Aldo Colombini’s “Contact Colors,” the spectator plays the lottery by placing her dollar in the deck. Her luck keeps on riding to a million-dollar ending!

BRAINSTORM BREAKS
Bonus ideas and effects
Cookie's Fortune — Learn John's clever method for pre-loading a bill in a fortune cookie.
Matchbook Transpo — A quick in-the-hands transposition.
Fortune Flash — A clever way to turn flash paper into a logical and visually-interesting prop.
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Yup Finally...

I'm so want it

gonna get it soon

John G is my fave.

Cheers

Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Every year there are fewer and fewer magicians I will buy something from without hearing reviews, but John Guastaferro is one of them. I placed my order this morning.

If you don't have his first set, Brainstorm, you should definitely pick it up.
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
I second that, I also placed my order this morning.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
First Storm DVD collection was really good and John is a talent gentleman.
I guest Second Storm is better!
Also I agree with Magicsquared Comment.
Mind_Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
The Sunshine State USA
1252 Posts

Profile of Mind_Magic
And for more information, go to his Web Page:
http://homepage.mac.com/johnghome/MagicStudio.html
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
It was a really fun shoot and John did some killer work, including a dynamite Ace assembly. I'm glad to see these are coming out.
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
373 Posts

Profile of JohnG
Thanks Tom. And thanks for your brief cameo in the "fortune cookie" Brainstorm Break.

John G
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
John,

How does the material on your new set compare to the Brainstorm set?
Did you have different goals this time?

Craig
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Are these available to ship now, or are they ready next week
JohnG
View Profile
V.I.P.
373 Posts

Profile of JohnG
With Second Storm, I wanted to present strong, practical card magic - with a few non-card extras.
As a whole, Second Storm contains effects that I enjoy performing and that have been well-received by audiences.
I feel my effects and presentations have matured compared to Brainstorm, in the sense of matching directness of effect with method.

"Famous Aces" for one exceeded my expectations in how well it was received by the likes of Jeff McBride, Eugene Burger, Michael Ammar and others.
Ammar has since been including it as a featured part of his lectures.

The Brainstorm Breaks are new. These are additional ideas and tips (not performed in front of an audience) that you could perhaps build upon.
These ideas have been a popular part of my lectures.

Thanks for your interest.
Enjoy!

John G
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
That was a fun bit with the fortune cookie, getting it from microwave to the set ASAP. Smile

I think the material here is even stronger than the first set.
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6136 Posts

Profile of motown
Thanks John!

That's really saying a lot considering how strong your first set was.
Looking forward to checking it out.

Craig
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
As per my post are these available to ship now, or are these dvd's in the process of being duplicated?
Alejandro Peterson
View Profile
Elite user
México
408 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Peterson
John Guastaferro is in my opinion the best close up magician at this time, he has the best card technique (NATURALNESS), even he don´t use complicated sleights he posses the best emsley counts, double lifts, etc. every move he perform is justificated and adapted in a natural choreography, I have seen his aclaimed famus aces Ace assembly (Stunning), is simple but not to simple to perform as well as John, is the perfect effect to procede teeter totter aces, John also try to improve his effects and routines until perfection, a good example is No Jockers Allowed transformed into Here, There and every where.
If you want to see powerfull card magic (stunning routines) but also a high level card technician just look Guastaferro´s material.
Magicsquared
View Profile
Inner circle
1262 Posts

Profile of Magicsquared
Quote:
On 2007-09-04 17:06, Daren wrote:
As per my post are these available to ship now, or are these dvd's in the process of being duplicated?

I placed my order with John today and he said they would ship within 24 hours, so I'm guessing they're good to go.

I may be mistaken, but these are L and L videos, and unlike SO many other producers of magic DVDs they don't usually say something's ready to be ordered unless it's ready to ship as well.
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
Man, it's got John's named attatched too it! You already know it's going to be warm, funny, and great entertaining magic!
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Woohoo! After reading his Second Storm book like about a year ago and hoping to be able to see it in-action, now I can! I'll be ordering this very soon!
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Yup his ebook last year is very good and now it comes to live.....
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
VcosNJ
View Profile
Inner circle
1179 Posts

Profile of VcosNJ
I want this.. sadly, I have no cash.. yet. But definitely on my list to get! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Second Storm: The Close-Up Magic of John Guastaferro FINALLY! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL