The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Magicians who Served (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
SJMiller
View Profile
New user
East Tennessee
61 Posts

Profile of SJMiller
Prof. W.W. Dillard, an African American magician and hypnotist, who performed professionally in the 1910s and 1920s, served in WWI.
Steve_Mollett
View Profile
Inner circle
Eh, so I've made
3010 Posts

Profile of Steve_Mollett
President Ford pardoned me: he shut down the Selective Service on the very day of my 18th birthday.

An uncle of mine was a Cavalry scout in the Philippines and saw a lot of action (once getting a bullet through his boot heel). In later years he was a scenery foreman for the TV series, Rawhide, and the final seasons of Gunsmoke.
Author of: GARROTE ESCAPES
The absurd is the essential concept and the first truth.
- Albert Camus
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7353 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Harry Blackstone Jr. was in the Army and was also an intepreter. He spoke fluent Mandiarin Chineese. George Johnstone also was drafted.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Sol Stone
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Interesting reading. I got as far as Webelos, does that count? I see that no one mentioned the biggie, Dai Vernon.
Donavon
View Profile
New user
Battle Mountain,NV currently in CT
47 Posts

Profile of Donavon
Currently active duty with the US NAVY. Dean Dill was in the NAVY as well
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9488 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Swoger and Milbourn were in the same special unit. Jim was the sergeant until Milbourne took over. I have newspaper articles showing them together. Jim was holding his Vent figure and Milbourne was typically doing the Indian rope trick.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Houdini Historian Pat Culliton fought in Nam.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
And... one of my main mentors when growing up in magic was Emile Clifton... a Distinguished Flying Cross winner, was a Tuskeekgee Airman (the All Black Airforce). Clifton was shot down behind enemy lines and was able to avoid capture and worked his way back to the U.S. area in Germany.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
magic924
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of magic924
The military where where I picked up a lot of magic. I had a book and I had cards. You be surprised how uplifting a little magic can be when your TI's are breathing down your neck. But only when they aren't in the room that is. I usually did magic to a flashlight after lights out.
mattcramer.com
buildupmusclefast.com
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Virginia (Metro DC)
2620 Posts

Profile of Dick Christian
In addition to all of those listed to date, the late Mike Rogers served many years in the Navy, retiring I believe as a Chief Petty Officer.

My father a part-time vent and magician performed under the name "Leonard Allen" (club dates and some vaudeville) in the 1930s and until he joined the Navy in 1942 serving mostly in the South Pacific until the end of the war and then staying active in the Naval Reserve.

I retired from the USN in 1979 after a 20 year career to follow a full-time career as magician, mentalist and operator of an entertainment agency in the Washington, DC metro area and my good friend Dick Steiner, now also a full-time magician and mentalist, is a retired Air Force officer and resides near Annapolis, MD.

Retired General "Stormin' Norman" Schwarzkopf, Jr. who led the Army to victory in the first Gulf War is an avid amateur magician and hobbyist.

I'm sure there are countless others who have also served.
Dick Christian
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2620 Posts

In addition to all of those listed so far, the late Mike Rogers served for many years in the Navy, retiring as I recall as a Chief Petty Officer.

My father, performed part-time (club dates and vaudeville) as a vent and magician under the name "Leonard Allen" during the 1930s and until 1942 when he joined the Navy where he served primarily in the South Pacific until the end of the war and then remained active in the Naval Reserve.

I retired after a 20 year career as a Naval Officer in 1979 to pursue a full-time career as a magician, mentalist and owner of an entertainment agency in the Washington DC metro area. My good friend Dick Steiner, also a full-time magician and mentalist now living in Annapolis, MD is a retired Air Force Officer.

Retired General "Stormin' Norman" Schwarzkopf, Jr. who led the Army to victory in the first Gulf War is an avid amateur magician and hobbyist.

I'm sure there are many others as well that have not yet been listed.
Dick Christian
Dick Christian
View Profile
Inner circle
2620 Posts

Whoops! I neglected to mention Arthur Emerson, a retired Army (or was it Air Force) Colonel, member of the I.B.M., Magic Circle, etc., and creator of the "Pegasus Page" effect, in my last note.
Dick Christian
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2513 Posts

Profile of critter
Reed McClintock.

I never had the chance to serve but my old man was UDT.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers

"This I offer in explanation of how it was that I found myself in my undergarments as I sat in my cell attempting to plot my escape."
~Professor Phineas Valeyard, Miskatonic University Dept.of Psychodynamic Natural History.

New Facebook Page:
https://www.facebook.com/Valeyard-Magic-Stage-233226717588438/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magicians of old » » Magicians who Served (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL