The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Rubber Chicken Names? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ed Garcia
View Profile
New user
Lindenhurst, IL
35 Posts

Profile of Ed Garcia
Hello, all.

I am currently putting together my children's show and am going to utilize a rubber chicken as a running gag. Out of curiosity, I would like to ask those who use rubber chickens what name you have given them, if at all? If your chicken has a name, why did you give it that name?

-Ed
Tony Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
North Carolina
1239 Posts

Profile of Tony Thomas
My chicken doesn't have a name. Wait a minute... I don't even have a chicken!
From the Encouraging Magic of...

Tony Thomas

www.magictonythomas.com
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
I use rubber chickens as a running gag and I've never named them or considered it. I get more milage out of just looking at it and tossing it aside rather than making it a character.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Is this another Chicken Joke? I just pulled mine out of the dove pan and said "whooeeeee, finger lickin good", though off stage I generally refered to it as charley. I think it made me think of the old tuna commercials.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
drhackenbush
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of drhackenbush
Did someone call me?* When I worked at a large bookstore chain, I instituted "Rubber Chicken Friday", which meant that I or one of the other managers had to walk around all day with a rubber chicken under one arm, no matter what we were doing, shelving, info desk, etc. It was quite fun.

I hadn't thought of naming the chicken after myself, but I like Photius' idea. Lke TS Eliot said about cats, I suppose rubber chickens should be named, and one day, they will let us know their true names.

Charley

*For Photius: Did someone call me schnorer?
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1214 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
The "classic" checken name is Henrietta. I also like using "regular" old-fahioned names. (My rabbit's name is Walter the Wonder Bunny; my snake-basket snake is Seymore the Superfluous.) I suppose I'll have to name my rubber chicken now...
Marc
Clownboy
View Profile
Veteran user
357 Posts

Profile of Clownboy
Marc,

Which Snake Basket do you have? Inquiring minds want to know!

Brad
As the Frogs say "Times Fun when you're having Flies" Smile
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
Mine came with a name -- it has tattoos, a large gold chain, sleeveless vest and a long DA hairdo with long sideburns -- "Chick Magnet"
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
761 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
My bologna has a first name.
kimmo
View Profile
Inner circle
Sheffield
1193 Posts

Profile of kimmo
How about calling him 'Choke'.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.
VISIT MY ONLINE STORE!: www.kimmomagicshop.com
NEW LECTURE NOTES - SHOW US YOUR TRIX NOW AVAILABLE AS AN INSTANT DIGITAL DOWNLOAD!

Kimmo DVD available Now!
Watch the promo here!
Order your copy NOW! CLICK HERE!

ENTERTAINER,MAGICIAN AND VENTRILOQUIST'S BLOG - DON'T READ THIS...
wdwfan71
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of wdwfan71
I actually have two names for my chicken, depends on the show & audience. Name #1 "Elvis" just saying you have a rubber chicken named Elvis always gets a laugh, don't ask me why? Name #2 "Chuck" I use the name Chuck sometimes when performing my chicken sword routine. Chuck is placed in hypnotic trance and upon awakening him I say "up Chuck" "up Chuck". Yes I know... gross humor.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
My chicken(animated that does the chicken dance) has a first Name..

Colonell(Prounouced Curnell) I ask the kids what his last name is..

Adults usually help Sanders???

It is not Sanders but Colonell ________.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
honus
View Profile
Veteran user
354 Posts

Profile of honus
There's a chicken in the movie Surf's Up whose name is Chicken Joe. He looks a lot like a rubber chicken.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1214 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Clownboy,

I have a decidedly low-tech "Ultimate Snake Basket" from Dick Barry. I love it and so, I think, do my audiences. My fondness for the snake however, has caused me to neglect my poor rubber chicken, who starts the show as the egg in an egg bag and ends up, a dove pan and a hot book later, as a decidedly over-incubated chicken (too much magic fire, I advise the audience)

Marc
kihei kid
View Profile
Inner circle
Dog House
1040 Posts

Profile of kihei kid
Quote:
On 2007-09-05 07:46, Trekdad wrote:
Mine came with a name -- it has tattoos, a large gold chain, sleeveless vest and a long DA hairdo with long sideburns -- "Chick Magnet"

Good one!
In loving memory of Hughie Thomasson 1952-2007.

You brought something beautiful to this world, you touched my heart, my soul and my life. You will be greatly missed.

Until we meet again “my old friend”.
Trekdad
View Profile
Elite user
Telford, PA
445 Posts

Profile of Trekdad
Quote:
On 2007-09-06 06:44, kihei kid wrote:
Quote:
On 2007-09-05 07:46, Trekdad wrote:

Good one!

It turns out, that his real name is "Earl". I got him at a little tourist shop where everyone else was hoarding refrigerator magnets and shot glasses. Planned to use him in my egg bag routine, but my dogs have taken a lickin to him.

Here's a version of him wearing a sleeveless tee. I've had more fun with this little toy . . . http://www.arcatapet.com/item.cfm?cat=12069

From the creator: "A legend in his own mind, he preferred to bask in the glory of his alter ego, 'Earlvis'. Between gigs at the now famous nightclubs, Charred and Feathered and Escape the Coyote, Earl was busy breaking hearts from Vegas to Branson."
Barnhardt: You have tested this theory?
Klaatu: I find it works well enough to get me from one planet to the next.
The Day the Earth Stood Still
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9489 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
I call my rubber chicken by the name of the birthday boy or girl. When the kids catch on I insist that one of them has to change their name.

But - the chicken in the Chicken Egg Bag is called "Henreitta The Hen"
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Ain't got no rubber chicken.
If I did, I might name it
Fluffy or Baldi or feathers or Friar, Paul Tree (poultry) or Paulette (pullet).
Bill Thompson
View Profile
Elite user
Mississippi
422 Posts

Profile of Bill Thompson
RC Hicken, But poor RC is dead... Complete with tire mark where he got run over and X's over his eyes...
"To let understanding stop at what cannot be understood is a high attainment.
Those who cannot do it will be destroyed on the lathe of heaven." - Chuang Tse
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Jay Leslie wins the contest. Good idea Mr. Leslie.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Rubber Chicken Names? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL