We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The price for Psychological subtleties? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Does anyone know what a copy of this is going for these days?

Thank you,
Mike
r1z08
View Profile
Inner circle
1157 Posts

Profile of r1z08
I have seen copies of PS1 going for $199 recently on eBay.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

REALLY? I think I'm taking my copy & heading over to Ebay!

Thank you,
Mike
Caspar
View Profile
Veteran user
Tacoma
316 Posts

Profile of Caspar
Quote:
On 2007-09-05 00:21, Ichazod wrote:
REALLY? I think I'm taking my copy & heading over to Ebay!

Thank you,
Mike

No diggity!
Traveler
View Profile
Special user
549 Posts

Profile of Traveler
C'mon... There's going to be a reprint...
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Does anyone know when it is going ot be re-printed?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
After volume 3 comes out.
LauraCalder
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of LauraCalder
Quote:
On 2007-09-05 11:29, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
After volume 3 comes out.

Just to clarify, is there a volume 3 coming out, or is this a joke about it never being reprinted?
Harry Lucas
View Profile
Regular user
Europe
128 Posts

Profile of Harry Lucas
It's true.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Here is what Scott Wells said in November:
Quote:
On 2006-11-13 11:39, Scott Wells wrote:
Sorry ladies and gentlemen for being gone so long from this forum. I only just today got to this thread and you have uncovered a lot on your own so I have very little information left to contribute. But let me tell you exactly where we are as of this writing at 10:00 a.m. CST Monday Nov. 13th.

Thompson Shore shipped our books on Nov. 9th and according to the UPS tracking, they should be here by this Wednesday Nov. 15th. Banachek is in Las Vegas right now working with Criss Angel but he is scheduled to arrive home in Houston this weekend. We are going to get together on Sunday or Monday for a book signing (or should I say "books" signing) where he will be personally autographing all of the pre-orders we have taken at FISM, at the TAOM, at the recent MINDvention, and through our website. As he will be signing the books, they will be boxed and prepared for shipping. I hope to get to the post office to send them all out either late Monday November 20th or the next day (my 55th birthday).

PS2 will be an expanded format and size at the larger 6 x 9 book size. It will be over 200 pages of effects from over a dozen top mentalists who have developed their own routines based around the ideas from the first book. Again, whereas the fisrt book was more a treatise on the subtleties that can be used, PS2 is a book of applications of those ideas.

We still have about two dozen copies of Psychological Subtleties left in stock and we do not plan to reprint the book in its current form. Instead we plan to re-format the book so it will look like PS2 and PS3 with the long term intent to have a slip cover for all three books. Banachek and I have talked about adding more material to the first book but decided that whatever might be added may not seem of adequate enough value to customers who might buy the book just for the additional ideas. So the new Psychological Subtleties will still be blue but have a dust jacket, pictures of contributors, graphics for chapter headings, an index of contributors, and generally just a better overall format. For those who already have Psychological Subtleties, you may not want to buy another copy since the material will all be the same; however, it will have a completely different look and feel from the one you already have.

We do not forsee this project being completed any time soon; however, it is a priority and we will release the re-formatted Psychological Subtleties before PS3. I hope to have Psychological Subtleties out by next spring if all the stars align Smile

And yes, Virginia, there will be a PS3. It is in my computer now, but based on the time it took to get PS2 to the printer, we are at least a year away from releasing that third book. I now know it will take time to edit and format when we have so many eyes looking at it.

I want to sincerely thank both Mark Garetz who artfully formatted PS2 and Doug Dyment who helped to meticulously edit the book. These gentelmen made the final product look so good; however, having said that, I'm certain that there will be some errors in the first edition somewhere which will be corrected with the second printing. That is always the case regardless of how many times and how many people review a project.

Thanks again for your interest and support. I know that Banachek is flattered by your attention to him and to this project. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or need additional information.

yours,
Scott Wells, Managing Partner
Magic Inspirations

You can also look at the web site, there is a page on PS1 http://www.magicinspirations.net/pssubtleties.htm
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
4071 Posts

It's up on Ebay with a starting price of $35.00

Thanx,
Mike
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The price for Psychological subtleties? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL