The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Shop In the DC Area (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

superpixel
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
133 Posts

Profile of superpixel
Sadly one of the best, Al's Magic Shop closed in 2004. The only one I can find nearby is Barry's: http://barrysmagicshop.com/
-- superpixels / victor / banana wizard --
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Yes...Barry's Magic Shop. This is from their website.

"If you are in the Washington, D.C. area, please stop by and visit our magic shop at 11234 Georgia Avenue in Wheaton, Maryland."

Mark.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
You might want to contact IBM http://www.magician.org/ and SAM http://www.magicsam.com/index.asp and FCM http://www.fcm.org/index.php to see if any clubs are in your area. That will be a good way to share information up front. If you can not find a magic shop near you, stay with the internet.
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1715 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
You have some terrific resources in your area. Barry's Magic Shop recently moved to Rockville, MD. Their new store address is 5544 Nicholson Lane, Rockville, MD, 20852 and phone: (301) 933-0373. Barry is a great guy and should be most helpful. You also have a terrific options in north Baltimore with Denny & Lees Magic Studio. Both stores offer outstanding support and a regular schedule of top shelf lectures.

Dan.
John T Cox
View Profile
Veteran user
385 Posts

Profile of John T Cox
Barry's is the place to go.

Their new shop is HUGE and it is brightly lit with lots of marvelous books, DVD's and tricks tantalizingly displayed. The new magic theatre in the store is big as well. Plan to go there to see great lectures and shows!

John
The real magic is family!
The CiscoKid
View Profile
Loyal user
Manassas Park, VA
268 Posts

Profile of The CiscoKid
Thanks everyone,

I will go by Barry's this week

The CiscoKid
TheGreatGalling
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of TheGreatGalling
I go to school in D.C. and Barry's is the way to go. Probably a larger selection than any magic store I have ever been in.
The CiscoKid
View Profile
Loyal user
Manassas Park, VA
268 Posts

Profile of The CiscoKid
Guys,

Thanks a lot again, I went to Barry's today and spent about 3 hours and I was like a kid at a candy store and they were all very helpful, I met Barry and he showed me a couple of tricks and I had a great time, I will be spending a lot more time there.

Great store and great people

The CiscoKid
MattWayne
View Profile
Special user
Manhattan, NY | Studio City, CA
624 Posts

Profile of MattWayne
Well...

I'm surprised only one person mentioned Dennys!! Shame shame:0)

Being a former employee of the Denny & Lee Studio-- I'd say go there. Soon to be the worlds largest magic shop; already is and has been, but needless to say... things are going to get a lot bigger here in the months to come. I'm not going to leak it here on the Café; out of respect for Denny- but trust me. Dennys has and always will be the mecca of professionalism in magic retail. We have two locations- one in Baltimore, MD (for about 15 years now)- and another in Las Vegas.

Many of the top working pros owe a lot to Denny- and numerous guys have gone on to be top names in magic. You want to learn the right way-- study there. I owe literally my whole decade and more of magic to him. He's gotten me around the world and more. If you want clowns, makeup, and the great balloons! Barrys is your ticket. You step one foot into Dennys-- you'll spend more than three hours! Largest selection of magic books worldwide! This is no hype or lie. I was their stockguy; amongst many other things; and got to spend a heck of a lot of time reading. Along with all the top quality merchandise. No cheap, knock-off items at all.

Just go, and see for yourself:0) Barrys is a great shop and hangout spot as well; not condoning that at all. Just take a peak once at the Denny & Lee Studio. You'll enjoy it- I know you will!

you'll be glad you did-
best regards,
Matt Tomasko
Matt Wayne
The Celebrity Magicianâ„¢
www.CelebrityMagician.com / youtube.com/celebritymagician / twitter.com/RealMattWayne /
Facebook.com/CelebrityMagician

Creator of, 'Got a Light?' and others.
Spokesperson behind, TouchTricks
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17411 Posts

Profile of joseph
I hope the brick and mortar shops stay around for a long time....
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
donrodrigo
View Profile
Special user
U.S.A. and Europe
635 Posts

Profile of donrodrigo
Mrunge, Al's was a great place and a grand person, so was the yogi magic mart in Baltimore, where I'm from. Good to see someone so close there. Many fond memories of my magic youth.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Magic Shop In the DC Area (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL