The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Give Me the Finger by Alan Golden (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Has anyone gotten the Finger? It looks intriguing for walkaround mentalism. Any reviews?
Beaudini Magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Ohio
259 Posts

Profile of Beaudini Magic
John,

Alan Golden is a dear friend of mine. The first time I saw him perform "Give me the Finger," was at a law firm party we worked a few years ago. That said, all I can really say is that it absolutely floored the spectators. If you have worked for any law firms before you understand that sometimes, they are a tough group to please. When I first saw him do it, they weren't just fooled, they were yelling, "No way!," "How the hell did you know that?" etc. That my friend, is an impressive feat.

So, for a while Alan kept his little secret to himself, and a few close friends. After we had used it on our own for a while, I suggested that he bring it to the market. And we should all be very happy and excited that he took my advice and did so. "Give me the Finger," is a real winner. I don't do a lot of mentalism, but I sure do perform this a lot. Its practical, fits in your pocket, and it can be used for close-up, strolling, and event cabaret/parlor. There's not much left to say other than, the gimmick is incredibly diabolical, it's way cheaper than many other high price, low impact mentalism effects, and the audience will love it. Hopefully you enjoy it, and...don't tell too many other people, this might be one we want to keep to ourselves. I am

Your Friend in Magic,

Beau Alexander
-Beau Alexander
"Make the Path, Others will Follow"
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
Who handles it, how do you get it, and how much is it?
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
I saw it at Hocus Pocus.... was looking at it for the Buy 1, get one 50% off sale... which now Hank Lee's is having =)
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
I just got it in the mail. I love it: http://steelturman.typepad.com/photos/un......_gag.jpg Smile
jerdunn
View Profile
Inner circle
1735 Posts

Profile of jerdunn
Ha ha, Dyamike.

Actually, is there someone who's unacquainted with the trick's creator and is willing to review it?

thanks!
Jerry
mr.toast
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of mr.toast
Jerry,
Unacquainted, well...not exactly. I am the creator of the effect. This is my first effect to go public. It has been one of my go-to routines for at least five years now. I am not a professional magician, only a moonlighting physics teacher, but "Give me the Finger" really does kick *** like a cross-eyed Rockette. I appreciate the hard work that goes into some routines, and have worked really hard to develop my memorized deck stuff for example, but this trick on the other hand is so darn easy to perform it is absolutely stress free. I just walk up to a group without fear knowing I will get a strong reaction and have fun doing it.
I don't stand to make any LCM (Life Changing Money) by releasing this effect. When I look at the time I spend making the gimmicks, and the money I spend on materials and shipping, it is a much lower hourly wage than I make when I am out performing the trick, in fact I think I'd be just about as well off tending bar or delivering pizzas with that time. It is just my way of giving back to the art that has given me countless hours of fun, and besides that, I get a charge out of seeing my item for sale in a catalog, and talked about on the Café. I hope some people buy it and use it, but if not, I will sleep just fine. I am already a lucky man.
Thanks a 1E6 for your interest, and have a great day!
Alan
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
Hie, I'm very interested in this effect but would like to know one particular information on the effect itself .

When the page number is decided by the spectator , does the spectator look at ANY word on the decided page, or the 1st word on top of the page .

Many thanks,
David
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
bobser
View Profile
Inner circle
4179 Posts

Profile of bobser
Yeah, any chance of someone telling us what it is/does?
Bobser
Bob Burns is the creator of The Swan.
JohnCressman
View Profile
Special user
Allentown, PA
903 Posts

Profile of JohnCressman
Ok... I just got this today. Looking over it, it actually appears pretty ingenious. I have to say... MUCH easier than I thought.

And no memorization... unless you REALLY, REALL want to ... =)

I can answer any questions that won't expose the secret.

DAvid... 3 people each pick a single digit number, then another person puts them in any order to determine the page. Once the page is determined, you add them up and to determine the word to look at.
fib
View Profile
Inner circle
1535 Posts

Profile of fib
Karrell Fox and Larry Beck use the finger thing, too. Fox's great and overlooked.
fib
tincture
View Profile
Special user
587 Posts

Profile of tincture
So does Max Maven.
davidlai308
View Profile
Veteran user
Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia
376 Posts

Profile of davidlai308
Thanks John , appreciate it .
An entrepreneur by day , a magician by night . Satiate my mind & you've won my heart .
www.superhumanz.online
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Give Me the Finger by Alan Golden (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL