The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Name this prop (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kardillusions
View Profile
Special user
Calgary, AB
544 Posts

Profile of kardillusions
I work at the Vanishing Rabbit Magic Shop, in Calgary. My boss bought something at an estate sale that's pretty old, and we don't know what (exactly) it does. Any help from the crew here would be greatly appreciated.

The prop is about a foot and a half square, and has a small base of no particular significance to hold the props about an inch and a half off the table top.

It's basically a circle-square (only all of the pieces are square); It says "ABBOTTS" on the front, and has a painted clock face dead center of the opening on the outside. The clock is not a ticking clock, it's just painted on.

We've checked with ABBOTTS magic, but did not get a response.

The piece that nests directly inside the outer part is simply a square tube with gears painted on it. All four sides are painted, and the two open sides are obviously not. Smile

The smallest piece nests inside that one, and is an open box (It has a bottom, but the top is open). One of the sides is black art felt, and the OPPOSITE side is also painted to look like a clock. The interesting part is that inside of this box is a working alarm bell (from an alarm clock?) It's a wind-up type bell.

Any info on how this might work, or how it's presented, or even what it's called, would be greatly appreciated. A PM or response to this thread would be awesome.

Thanks guys- we appreciate any response.
Scott.
www.hermitmagic.com
Hermit Magic Magazine
Instagram: @hermitmagicmag
Subscribe today!
martini
View Profile
Special user
delta, pennsylvania
548 Posts

Profile of martini
Greetings Scott;
I posted in the Boxes, tubes section for you.
All the Best
Marty
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Scott, I have also posted in the same section regarding the box mentioned.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Oldies... but goodies! » » Name this prop (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL