The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Visit the link and let me know what you think (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sissy
View Profile
New user
mexico
37 Posts

Profile of sissy
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
That is fantastic! Very impressive work...and with gloves on at that!!!

Mark. Smile
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3392 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Sissy,

Could be a nice routine. Gloves looked a little more than right size. Kind of obvious where the cards are coming from when you dip into your table. Consider doing steals from your jacket. Lot of dead time between productions on the two hand singles.

I like your style and attitude!

JMHO

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Felt it drug a little and I agree with Steve, steals need to be done a bit better. Watched with and without sound. Without sound the drag in the routine was very obvious. Perhaps a faster paced music would help that. Overall handling was very good.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
chrisgali
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of chrisgali
I was not impressed!
Only two productions, It was bored!

When I see such performances, I think I could also perform on stage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX_4Hc1zKEs

the only thing are my flashes and my facial expression!

But from my point of view my routine is more difficult and complex!
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Congratulations, Sissy, for the hard work put into the card routine. In addition to the excellent advise above, I would like to add a little here.

The rhythm of the single production is off, thereby giving the feeling of a drag there. The appearance of the second pack of cards - the cards should be stolen rather than taken out and the unnecessary showing ofthe front and back of the hands empty near the beginning doesn't serve any purpose as you are merely showing the card fan andnot the production yet.

Anyway, good work done, and I believe, you will improve as time goes by. Congratulations again.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I sent you a private message. The one thing that I would change is the table and hats in your background are distracting. You might move to one side so the spot is NOT on them.

You might want to study Shimada's video's--they were a major influence on Juliana Chen.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3392 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Quote:
On 2007-09-08 16:19, chrisgali wrote:
I was not impressed!
Only two productions, It was bored!

When I see such performances, I think I could also perform on stage!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX_4Hc1zKEs

the only thing are my flashes and my facial expression!

But from my point of view my routine is more difficult and complex!

But from our point of view Sissy looks way better in that outfit than you probably could.

FWIW

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
ufo
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
1185 Posts

Profile of ufo
Sissy,
Nice style! Nice energy!
You have the makin's of a solid act and a marketable persona going on there. Keep working on adding some diversity to the manipulations...we all do...but its a nice job that represents many obvious hours of work!
"What's your drug?" she asked. "Hope" he said, "The most addicting one of all."
sissy
View Profile
New user
mexico
37 Posts

Profile of sissy
Dear friends
thanks for all your advices I promise to keep working hard an as soon as I have something new I will let you know
again thanks
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Sissy, I believe your card routine will evolve to have more surprises for us. You have a highly commendable attitude and dedication to the performing art of magic.
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
Notice that applause didn't occur until halfway through the video. That's because there was no magic up to that point, only a bunch of card fans. Keep working on it, you have some of the groundwork in place. You just need some more influences to get the routine where it has to be.
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
I liked the routine overall but agree with the others, it moves a little slow. I do not perform card work but always enjoy seeing it done. Good job so far. I am an old time guy so my only negative comment is on the costume. It was very professional looking but I always like to see the ladies dressed fully, not with the shorts. Please don't get me wrong, you looked very good in your outfit but I guess I am just an old foggie. Keep up the good work and I would love to see more of the act.

Happy Magic
Steven
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Opps something to add here. Chrisgali, this was not about who can do it better but more of what we thought about how her act his developing. Please don't get me wrong, I am not attacking you for what you said but it is up to us to help build up the confidence of our new performers, not to just say you can do it better. I watched your video and you did a very nice job with the cards. My monitor is going out so it was a little dark but again I say what I could see on your video was good also. Remember that someday you may ask for opinions here on your work and will want us to observe it with an open mind and not just say, it was boring. I could do better. Just my opinion here. Keep up your work with your cards because I see a very good performer in you.

Happy Magic
Steven
Bill Douglas
View Profile
New user
El Paso, TX
90 Posts

Profile of Bill Douglas
Sissy,

Check out "Channing Pollock"(search term) on youtube.com. It is obvious where Lance Burton received much influence. Be classy and artful. Although Jeff McBride is a class act and very stylish, too many people do the "jazzy" thing and look like his clone. I like Cardini a lot too. Your style and character are very nice your act is good. Sequencing, pacing, and timing will improve in the act you have. Stick with it as your foundation just "tweak" it like the guys here suggested and you'll have a winner.

Bill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Visit the link and let me know what you think (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL