The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The Magic Toy Box (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicB1S
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville Tenn.
1039 Posts

Profile of MagicB1S
I have been working on a new kids show (In my head) I thought I would call it the magic toy box. I would carry all of my props in a box that looked like a toy box. The Props them selves would look like toys. for instance I can make a toy tractor trailer into a circus wagon or fun house type prop. a Jack in the box could be converted into a mirror box.... show the box empty turn the handle and out pops a Rabbit or clown.

What other ideas can we come up with here at the Café?

What do you guys think of this idea?

and Chance if you use these ideas remember you got them here first.
"There are Tricks To All Trades.... My Trade is all Tricks"

"An amature practices until he gets it right. A Professional Practices until he can't get it wrong"

www.Themagicchest.webs.com
bobswislosky@yahoo.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
What other parlours size tricks do have?

I think it is a good idea. It would be good if all the props have the same colors too. Eveything will blend in the same way.
AshleyW
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of AshleyW
It sounds original & it will be a hit if you have fun in performing it.

You could also "find" a puppet in there and he comes to life in your hands and become mischievious. Something along the lines maybe of Chico the Chimp, but more originality.

You could "find" a bongo hat.

A toy block could be used in a Die Box Routine

A torn & restored piece of construction paper could turn into a paper airplane.

A jump rope could become cut & restored, and then worked into a Prof. Nightmare

You "find" an old balloon and have a few minutes of fun with it.

A small baton or drumstick could be made into a "break-away" item like the wand.

Good luck & keep thinking!
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
I've been thinking along similar lines to create a routine about my first magic case I had when I was a boy. It started with wanting to use some old props that I no longer use (or never did) because I think kids like and expect magic props. I start by producing three 24 inch silks out of a phantom tube, giving each to a volunteer helper. Each silk then gets vanished in a diiferent prop -- change bag, silk cabby, and finally a canister that changes the silk into spring snakes of the same color. I haven't performed this yet, but have walked though the routnine a few times and think it would be best as something up close and personal with the audience. Maybe sitting down for some of it, opening the trunk and reminsicing. Asking the kids if any of them do magic, what their favorite tricks are, what mine were when I was 8, (the ones in the routine of course). I intend to do the silk cabby, for example, right in front of the helper's nose, giving her a magicians-eye view of the effect. I also think kids would like the close quarters aspect of this routine -- many have never seen other live performaces and the right in your face aspect of live magic is for them one of its greatest appeals. I might expand the idea and add a Tenyo trick or two -- good magic that often looks like a toy -- and maybe make the silks reappear in three more props.
All I need is the perfect box -- maybe a toy box -- to act as my first magic case. Any suggestions?

Marc the Magic Man
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » The Magic Toy Box (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL