The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Appearing water in glass after covering with a cloth or silk?! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

a.lien
View Profile
New user
Germany
36 Posts

Profile of a.lien
Hi everyone,

I've spent the last few months searching the market for such an effect.

What I´m trying to do is basically the same thing David Copperfield did on his last TV-Special.

He made water vanish from a champagne glass and then had it reappear again under the cover of a black cloth.

The way this effect is designed makes me believe that this couldn´t have been the first attempt of a magician to accomplish such a magical effect. I´m sure since the Bible was written, several wizards and magicians starting with Merlin and ending with David Copperfield must have thought of making water appear in an empty glass..?!!

I'm surprised that the magic market doesn't seem to offer an effect that comes even close to it.

Besides the "Chen Lee Water Suspension", Wonderwizard´s "visible filled glass appearance" or the vanishing glass of water from Tenyo, I haven´t found ANYTHING!!! Besides, even though the Wonderwizard's effect comes closest, it´s again not a glass where the audience can see through without any questions, but it´s got scrambled walls like any average mirror glass and I´ve known those since I was 5 and got my first magic-toy-set! Anyway, therefore it´s supposed to fill in full view the whole time, but the company (for some reason..!) won´t ship it to Germany, where I live! Bummer!

I already got a few tips from other fellow magicians but maybe there are others in here that can give me some help on this!

Thank ya all!
Alex
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5307 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
You have posted this exact same question elsewhere on the Café. See my response your post at:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......;forum=5
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Appearing water in glass after covering with a cloth or silk?! » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL