The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any Wrestling fans? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

DA
View Profile
New user
New jersey
48 Posts

Profile of DA
I love wrestling! I have been a big fan since I was 4 years old, wrestling with my brother in the living room while watching greats like Halk Hogan, Rick Rude, and bret and owen Hart. Altough I'm not a big fan of the WWF (or The WWE as they call it now) anymore. So now I watch wrestling from japan now like the fmw and all japan Pro-wrestling.

I'm even starting a back yard fed here in New Jersey with my brother. To show my love for the so called fake sport.

By the way wrestling not fake, back in the day Cactus Jack (Foley Is God) Had two thirds of his ear ripped off by Big Van Vader in Germany. He finished the match and still took his loss like a man. You wouldn't see an olimpic runner finish a race if one of his limbs fell off would you?

So are there any other wrestling fans?

DA
DavidEscapes
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Special!
1003 Posts

Profile of DavidEscapes
Count me in Smile

I have been following wresting since I was a kid. And now I am a big kid.

Duncan 'A mark for life'
David Victor - The artist formally (and still occasionally) known as David Straitjacket.

My Website
Add me on facebook
Cheshire Cat
View Profile
Special user
Wilmslow, UK
941 Posts

Profile of Cheshire Cat
Yeah, count me in too! Smile

But not wrestling as some of you guys know it. I'm talking back in the 60s/70s on British TV with magnificent performers like Kendo Nagasaki, Mick McManus, Vic Faulkner, Giant Haystacks and Big Daddy. I think all (but the pure Turkish type competitions) wrestling is choreographed to a certain degree, it simply has to be otherwise it would not be entertainment, - but merely quick ending violent actions causing severe injuries. I know from some ex-wrestler customers that these guys do 'take care' of each other in the ring as far as possible as their bread and butter depends on it.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10615 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Wrestling Use to be FAKE.............

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2321 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
What are you talking about? Magic is fake! Wrestling is real!!!! LOL. Anyway, I have been a wrestling fan for 10 years. Its an interesting thing to watch if you have time. Like a Jerry Springer show on steroids.
Brian
Tommy1324
View Profile
Regular user
Pennsylvania
104 Posts

Profile of Tommy1324
Hey DA,
Wrestling may and may not be so fake.But consider the amount of performance enhancing drug use there is.There is no better way to kill yourself slowly like taking steroids.I was saddened by the news about Curt Henning aka Mr. Perfect who was found dead in a Florida hotel room.I know a guy who was an emergency medical technician for the now defunct ECW,and he used to tel me some horror stories about the wrestlers using both steroids and other illegal substances.
Tommy1324
Maxim
View Profile
Regular user
London
113 Posts

Profile of Maxim
Wow, I can't believe Mr. Perfect has passed away. He was the first wrestler I ever saw on tv and I saw him the other year (looking a bit overweight) at earls court in london. One of my fav wrestlers of all time. I've just started reading hulk hogan's autobio in which i think he talks about his drug abuse.

Other famous wrestlers I know who died b4 their time include: Andre the Giant, Texas Tornado and Owen Hart.

Can someone confirm if Rick Rude is still alive? Or did he die from an overdose aswell?

Maxim.
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
"Dusty Rhodes, the man of the hour, the one with the power to SWEET to be SOUR!"

How can you not like an industry that produces catch lines and characters like that?! Smile
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10615 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Ravishing Rick Rude is no longer with us.....

vinny
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
DA
View Profile
New user
New jersey
48 Posts

Profile of DA
I was saddened to hear of yokozunas passing as well. Well it's great to see all the wrestling fans.

I know the matches and stunts are planed and they try hard not to hurt each other but I'm talking about the injuries that happon in the the ring of this so called fake sport. I have about twenty scares a rather large peice of my front tooth missing and some confirmed concusions along with broken bones from my back yard wrestling. It's like a stage act but with dangers involved.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2110 Posts

Profile of marko
I used to be a total wrestling fanatic when I was younger. It kinda wore off. The plots have just gotten ridiculous and dumb.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Dan Farmer
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Nevada
235 Posts

Profile of Dan Farmer
The problem with imitating professional wrestlers is that they spend a lot of time learning how to break fall and how to "cooperate" when wrestling. I think professional wrestling is pretty stupid having been a gymnast and done the real thing (wrestling) but if you insist on it, I'd say take a Judo class and learn how to be flipped in the air and land on your back without hurting yourself. (First thing you learn).

-Dan
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Any Wrestling fans? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL