The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Jeff Sheridan (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

74magic92
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN area
38 Posts

Profile of 74magic92
This is the only place I new to put this.

I was inspired by a photo I saw of Jeff Sheridan in a book so I tried to find some info on him but nothing. I searched google and here but no info on the guy except that he did a silent act and he did rope and card work in central park during the 70s.

Can someone who has seen him answer some of my questions?

Whats his background?(how did he learn magic? where is he from? etc.)

What was his routine like?(how did he gather a crowd? what tricks did he do? how long was his routine? etc.)

What was he like?

What is he doing now?

your comments would be greatly appreciated!!!
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I'll have to see if I can find it, but he was the cover story in Magic Magazine a few years back.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Magic
Magazine October 1994

Type Jeff Sheridan into the white box in the upper left corner where it says Café Quicksearch. I did and got pages and pages of related posts.
He is one of my favorite magicians as well. There is a book on street performing that features Mr. Sheridan.
Life is too important to take seriously.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
74magic92
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN area
38 Posts

Profile of 74magic92
Quote:
On 2007-09-10 13:31, manal wrote:
Magic
Magazine October 1994

Type Jeff Sheridan into the white box in the upper left corner where it says Café Quicksearch. I did and got pages and pages of related posts.
He is one of my favorite magicians as well. There is a book on street performing that features Mr. Sheridan.

Thanks, I tried that but it just comes up with little references to him and speaks about him very little...
fallingblood
View Profile
New user
North Dakota
98 Posts

Profile of fallingblood
Jeff Sheridan also has a DVD set out called Genius at work. It shows a lot of his routine, and he discusses how he came up with various effects.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Sorry I wasn't more helpfull. Wish I could remember the name of the book. I can reccommend his DVD's however, they are among my favorites.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
Wayne Whiting
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of Wayne Whiting
The book I have is Street Magic by Edward Chaflin in collaboration with Jeff Sheridan. The last section of the book is about Sheridan's work in New York.
Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration. Thomas Edison

www.terrylagerold.com
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
That's it. Thank you Wayne Whiting.

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
kOnO
View Profile
Special user
548 Posts

Profile of kOnO
It is a lot easier to get older than it is to get wiser.
manal
View Profile
Inner circle
York ,PA.
1412 Posts

Profile of manal
Thank you kOnO

james@jamesmanalli.com

www.jamesmanalli.com
74magic92
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN area
38 Posts

Profile of 74magic92
Starry
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
219 Posts

Profile of Starry
I guess I should have read this post first. I'm glad you know of Jeff Sheridan. I was inspired by his book way back when.

-- Ace
Ace Starry - Author or THE MAGIC LIFE - A NOVEL PHILOSOPHY
http://www.starry.com/
P.T. Murphy
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of P.T. Murphy
Check out a book titled "The World's Greatest Magic". This is a wonderful, well written book. It features Jeff Sheridan and a host of others. You can find it here...

http://magicinc.net/index.asp?PageAction......dID=2136
P.T. Murphy
www.ptmurphy.com
74magic92
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN area
38 Posts

Profile of 74magic92
Quote:
On 2007-09-24 14:05, P.T. Murphy wrote:
Check out a book titled "The World's Greatest Magic". This is a wonderful, well written book. It features Jeff Sheridan and a host of others. You can find it here...

http://magicinc.net/index.asp?PageAction......dID=2136

That is the book I saw the picture in....He wasn't exactly "featured" all it had was a little paragraph next to the picture...
P.T. Murphy
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of P.T. Murphy
I was very inspired by that little paragraph. Those photos spoke volumes! Last year I saw Jeff perform in Frankfurt, Germany at the Tigerpalast. What a treat!
P.T. Murphy
www.ptmurphy.com
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
Never having seen Jeff in person, it's hard to say. I do have the Street Magic book, and the only visual reference is on the L&L "WGM/Magic With Everyday Objects, where Jeff does a very good cut and restored string. I don't know if his actual performing persona is anything like what's on the DVD, but that seems very quiet and reserved for street work, almost to the point of being dull. Is this how an actual performance from him is, as well?

Steve
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
He wasn't dull, but he was very quiet and reserved. I only got to see him twice. I thought he was amazing. You have to figure how strong his personality and his abilities were if he could get away with doing a silent act in the middle of Central Park!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
P.T. Murphy
View Profile
Loyal user
224 Posts

Profile of P.T. Murphy
I saw him last year in Frankfurt. The room was pretty big a few hundred people in a German night club. He worked in silence. He commanded the stage and put on a great performance. I don't know what to tell you. I was really inspired by the photos in The World's Greatest Magic. I have always admired Jeff's courage for NOT following the usual BRASH street performer.
P.T. Murphy
www.ptmurphy.com
74magic92
View Profile
New user
Nashville, TN area
38 Posts

Profile of 74magic92
Ok so I just bought Sheridan's book "Street Magic"....should be getting it in the mail in a few days...Can't wait!.....so what do you guys think of the book?
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4824 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I've seen it but never bought it. It looked to me to be a nice "coffee table" book on the general history of the art. If you're looking to learn street magic, there are probably better choices.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Jeff Sheridan (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL