The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Lennart Green lecture(?) notes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Hello, everyone.

I remember hearing about a set of lecture notes(?) by Lennart Green wherein he discussed a number of effects. In this set of notes, Lennart discussed a number of principles and effects...including the following:

Numerology 13-3-1
Numerology 13+13
the George Sands Prime Number Force
Rain Man (Lennart's take on the Simon Aronson "Shuffle-bored" effect)

Does anyone know the name of this publication, its date of publication, and its availability anywhere? I've tried a Google search but, so far, no luck.

Thanks, in advance, for any info on this set of notes.

Mike Sturgeon

P.S. Please PM me if deemed more appropriate.
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Profile of The Amazing Noobini
Sorry that I don't have a proper answer for you. (I can imagine that it could be frustrating to get a notification of a reply to your post and then find that it is by someone who has nothing to add at all.)

Well, I just wanted to say that I think I remember the title "Rain Man" from a description of a DVD published by IMS. I'm not a member and I don't know how their DVDs are but I know they have published Lennart Green footage of some kind and I have been wondering if I should become a member for that reason alone.

I have Green magic vol.1-6 and have just ordered no.7. I see that "Rain Man" is on that 7th DVD as well.

The IMS DVDs are a bit expensive and in my case they are just above the limit for having to pay toll, so each DVD would be about $60 for me + international shipping. Anyway, I see that their "Best of The Best vol.2" has Green stuff on it, but there is no content details. I don't think that I saw the "Rain Man" title in connection with this tho. It was something like a collection of many many different magicians. http://www.magicims.com/Magic_Shop/DVDs/Best_of_The_Best.php

Their "Master Series" DVD vol.1 also has Lennart Green as a contributor. That one may or may not be the one. I wish they had more detailed info. It says 25 or 50 volume DVD sets, and then there is only vague descriptions for a couple of them. http://www.magicims.com/Magic_Shop/DVDs/Masters_Series.php

Anyway, if you find any notes please let me know where. I have never seen any Lennart Green work in written form. And I am a fan.
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
"You, my friend, have a lot to learn." (S. Youell)
"Nonsensical Raving of a lunatic mind..." (Larry)
Morphy
View Profile
New user
Germany
52 Posts

Profile of Morphy
Quote:
Anyway, if you find any notes please let me know where. I have never seen any Lennart Green work in written form. And I am a fan.

I think he has written a booklet about the snap deal.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Yes, as far as I can determine via a Google search, a manusript on the Snap Change appears to be available but I can find nothing else written by Lennart. I'm wondering if all the other written material is "underground" stuff or was limited edition material.

Eschew obfuscation.
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

I'm sure he wrote several manuscripts before his video debut.

I do however have sneaking feeling that he is not a man who would choose to write a great many long text in English unless it was in the form of private correspondence or internal material of some sort or the other. Where grammar would be less of an issue than in an official pamphlet. Ahem. Just speculation on my part of course.

Are there other manuscripts in English or in Swedish? (I read Swedish perfectly btw, hint hint everyone).

Mats Kjellström (user: kjellstrom) may know what Mr. Green has published. Perhaps he will stumble onto this thread now that he's in it. Smile
"Talk about melodrama... and being born in the wrong part of the world." (Raf Robert)
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Ahh. The other DVD I thought was from IMS as well is really from A-1. I remembered it wrong. It is "Ultimate Card Sessions - Volume 2 - Tricks, Tricks And More Tricks".

On it Green does Rain Man/Shuffle-Bored and Laser/Snap Deal. However I assume that these are the same recordings as the ones on the Green magic set, since they are both from A-1 Magic Media.

In any case it means that it is possible for someone who only want these 2 effects to get them on the same DVD and also have Darwin Ortiz, Guy Hollingworth, Michael Close, John Bannon, Paul Harris, Larry Jennings and David Regal on the same disc.

I'm tempted to get this set myself.
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Would definately recommend the dvd's. Lennart is a legend.
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

I did find the Snap Deal manuscript eventually. It wasn't the least bit difficult to find as it turns out. As for the lecture notes described in this thread, they remain a mystery.
Michael G
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Michael G
Howdy,

I own three little booklets by Lennart Green. One is the Snap Deal booklet already mentioned which was written by Tom Stone. The other two are booklets dealing with the Green Angle Separation and a move of Lennart's called the 1 - 2 Separation.

Michael
Gustaf
View Profile
New user
Stockholm, Sweden
78 Posts

Profile of Gustaf
Hi I don't know if you've gotten your answer already but if you haven't, here it is:

Lennart Green has published a set of lecture notes in swedish called "En handfull $jälvverkande pärlor", translated "A handful $elfworking pearls". The $ means "practically", so the full title would be "A handful practically selfworking pearls. I also know that it's published in spanish, sold here http://www.kaps-store.com. However I don't think he has published it in english yet. The stuff in it reminds of his seventh DVD and I know that he has taught some of the material in his lectures. Only a few tricks are in his DVDs so I hope he has it translated for you english folks.
jennings
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of jennings
I saw Lennart lecture at Blackpool a couple of weeks ago. His lecture notes were called "The Green Northern Lights Magic". All of the effects mentioned in the first post of this thread were included in them. At the lecture he demonstrated a set of fabulous self working effects all of which are listed in the notes. I paid £10.00 for them.

For an encore he demonstrated the snap deal !

The copyright notice states 2008 which suggests these are his latest lecture notes. I would imagine contacing Lennart directly would turn up a set.
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Hmm. I'm too shy to contact Lennart Green directly. If anyone knows of any online store or something like that where one could order the Swedish lecture notes, that would be very interesting. I do read Spanish (more or less) but reading Swedish is like reading my native language.

I have all the DVDs so I'm sure most things are covered there. But being a fan I would love to see the print too. The Snap Deal notes helped me a lot.
Trois
View Profile
Special user
Myrtle Beach
594 Posts

Profile of Trois
Sounds like strong material. Can anyone do this stuff ?
Not clever enough to come up with something orginal, or did I.
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-03-03 21:48, Trois wrote:
Sounds like strong material. Can anyone do this stuff ?

The sleights mentioned (Snap Deal, Angle Separation...) are not more difficult to learn than other sleights. They aren't even always more useful than other "competing" sleights. But they have a beauty in design of their own. They are beautiful and different ideas.

You know how you can see for instance a painting and see right away that it's by Picasso or whomever? Lennart Green's material is a bit like that. It has a personal touch. Which is also why I'm reluctant to do some of it myself since it feels more like copying someone than if you use sleights invented by other people.
Gustaf
View Profile
New user
Stockholm, Sweden
78 Posts

Profile of Gustaf
Noobini the things in the lecture notes are not, as I said before, covered in the DVDs. These notes only describe selfworking and mathematical things like the gilbreath principle and applications. Don't be too shy to call Lennart! He's a really caring and gentle person.
jennings
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of jennings
Have to agree about Lennart. I met him for the first time in Blackpool and he was happy and keen to talk about his work.
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Yes, I'm sure he is. It's me... I don't like to contact people. I never call people on the telephone either. Not even to order a pizza. It feels awkward, like I'm bothering people. If I'm ever directly introduced to him then I will bring it up. Which of course isn't extremely likely to happen. So be it.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Quote:
On 2008-03-03 05:45, Gustaf wrote:
Hi I don't know if you've gotten your answer already but if you haven't, here it is:

Lennart Green has published a set of lecture notes in swedish called "En handfull $jälvverkande pärlor", translated "A handful $elfworking pearls". The $ means "practically", so the full title would be "A handful practically selfworking pearls. I also know that it's published in spanish, sold here http://www.kaps-store.com. However I don't think he has published it in english yet. The stuff in it reminds of his seventh DVD and I know that he has taught some of the material in his lectures. Only a few tricks are in his DVDs so I hope he has it translated for you english folks.

Gustav,

I just got back into this thread and noticed your answer to my initial question. Very much apprecitated. Unfortunately, the site you listed does not have an English version of the notes. But, it is nice to know that at least the notes might actually exist in an English version.

Thanks for the post.

Mike

Eschew obfuscation.
The Amazing Noobini
View Profile
Inner circle
Oslo, Norway
1658 Posts

Here is my attempt at translating the contents pitch from the Spanish web store:

----------------------
"The Zaragosan (probably meaning someone from Zaragoza, Spain, formerly the Kingdom of Aragon) Pablo Tejero has translated the notes from Lennart Green's conference into Spanish, in light of Lennart's visit to Spain on his tour of lectures which he will be giving accompanied by Dani DaOrtiz.

This work gave birth to "Lennart Green, The Lecture Notes" in which you will be able to encounter a handful more or less, of self working pearls.

Automatic concepts and games with which you will be able to fascinate your spectators.

Remote Control I & II, I'm Not Looking, Andendum, The 4 Card Bet, The $26.00 Bet, The Complete Gilbreath Principle... and a great many other things."
----------------------

Now then... my point to this besides showing off my uncanny language skills, is to indicate that the commercial version of these lecture notes is something the Spaniards themselves have come up with. I wouldn't expect to find an English translation of these lecture notes in any web store. Nor the Swedish versions. Most likely they have been made available only through the Green Giant himself.
SIX
View Profile
Inner circle
New York City
1773 Posts

Profile of SIX
Im going to buy the spanish version even though I do not speak it. I plan to learn it though.

You should as well, becasue there is a webiste that will translate for you. Might need some help for it to make sense, but ask some freinds.
\

SIX
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Lennart Green lecture(?) notes (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL