The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Gary Ouellette Illusions??? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
David Goldrake
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
225 Posts

Profile of David Goldrake
Dear Magicque,

I think its' kind of ironic how this and Greg Frewin's topic have evolved. Let me make it clear.

First of all I stated in the Greg Frewin topic that Gary wasn't there anymore to "defend" himself.
In your next post you wrote "As you said, he's not there to defend himself anymore..."
And here you write: "But as I said in another post, Gary is not here to defend himself so..."

I am sure you did this unintentionally but nobody could have made my point regarding Gary's way of thinking clearer than you.

I rest my case!

D
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
David, all I'm saying is that you are the only one who knows the real story between you and Gary. Nobody was there with you and him. You mentioned that he used your Airtime idea and marketed it. I will not write that it's impossible because I was not there. And we are both right when we say that unfortunately Gary is not here to respond. Anyway...

Regards,
E
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Profile of Blair Marshall
David,

That is why I started this separate thread about "Gary's" illusions rather than keep it on the Frewin line. It was more to discover their ancestry/history, as Gary is no longer with us to tell us about them.

I may post a "revealing" look at the Verdict/Jury/Thirteen under another heading, I want to do it up properly though.

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Looking forward to it Blair! Thanks!
Eric
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Did anyone purchase plans, or get preliminary details on any of the listed illusions?? Did any plans exist, or did the individual assigned builders create them?

Blair Marshall
"ShaZzam!"
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
Blair, I have plans or rights of 3 of them.
Eric
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

You have the "rights". Not to question you on this but Gary was asking many thousands of dollars
($5000+++) per each illusion!

When you prurchased these rights did you recieve plans, or just direction to the builder who would build it for you (at additional cost).

I also understand that Bill Smith picked up the rights to many of the illusions.

Blair Marshall

P.S. To the guys that posted about how to locate Gary's old web pages, I was able to forward this info onto Guy Camirand just this afternoon when he called me. Guy was one of Gary's closest friends, and his magic business partner. He hopes to include some of the info on his site about Gary - Many thanks to all of you!
ricker
View Profile
Special user
Tampa, FL
914 Posts

Profile of ricker
Glad to be of help, Blair.

$5000 for rights was a fair price for Gary to ask.

BTW, I think verdict was based on an old plan of 4 girls vanishing which was patented in the 1930's. I can look it up if you want.
Magicque
View Profile
Special user
673 Posts

Profile of Magicque
PM you Blair
Eric
illuzzionz
View Profile
New user
89 Posts

Profile of illuzzionz
Gary was an incredibly open and helpful individual that never seemed to have an ego. I miss him deeply and hope his son is doing well!
mark2004
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
215 Posts

Profile of mark2004
Quote:
On 2007-09-10 23:23, Blair Marshall wrote:
Ricker,

That's awesome, I have some reading to do, but darn, I keep failing the test. The question about Morgan and Hermann.

Me again: Just got off the site and it lists Garys illusions and who owns the rights. Good to see. It's under "Magic Shop"

Sadly the magicians area pages, which you got to once you passed the test, don't seem to have been archived.
Jonathan Pendragon
View Profile
New user
69 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Pendragon
I know this post his old and Gary is gone, but the record is inaccurate. Gary suggested that I vanish 25 showgirls on World's Greatest Magic III, I worked out the method. Suggesting an effect isn't inventing it.
Blair Marshall
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Canada
3640 Posts

Wow, this IS an old thread, but thanks for coming onboard Jonathan.

Blair
chrisontour
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of chrisontour
Added to John's List:

Greased Lighting Vanish (Very fast elephant disappearance, which has been adapted for other objects by other performers)
Made In China (Deceptive & unique method for an appearance of a person, inside a box, built piece by piece on stage.)
charliecheckers
View Profile
Inner circle
1969 Posts

Profile of charliecheckers
Quote:
On 2013-08-14 05:59, Jonathan Pendragon wrote:
I know this post his old and Gary is gone, but the record is inaccurate. Gary suggested that I vanish 25 showgirls on World's Greatest Magic III, I worked out the method. Suggesting an effect isn't inventing it.

Jonathan - I remember seeing your show at University of Buffalo in 2003 (I was 10 at the time). I just wanted to let you know how cool it is to read your posts here.
roberthoudin
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of roberthoudin
I agree with Charliecheckers, it is so cool to read from Jonathan Pendragon. I am so glad to have seen you and Charlotte live at Purchase university in Connecticut. You were so kind to share your memories of France after the show. It was also so nice to see you perform a completely new set of illusions at Genii'75th Birthday bash. Your feather suspension was so nice, so full of little touches that made it so awesome. The illusions DVD and your CD are a,LNG my most treasured possessions. And even though I do not perform illusions myself, they contain so much material about your theory of magic. Thank you so much for all your contributions to the art of entertaining by performing magic. You have truly elevated the art of "playing the role of a magician" to new heights.
David Goldrake
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas
225 Posts

Profile of David Goldrake
Dear Jonathan,

I related the story accurately years ago, as shown in Blair's post. Thank you for confirming it and adding the legitimate credibility to my words!

With respect,

D
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Gary Ouellette Illusions??? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL