The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » True Miracle or invisible thread ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
KrisAudio
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of KrisAudio
Hi evrybody,

What do you thing about this video:
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=JDp3nPQqL_......;search=
Look at the very beginning, the priest hold his hands closed, each side of the Holly Body. I don't know if it is a usual thing, or if he sets an invisible thread or something else. What do you thing about this video? (Perhaps I should post on Christian Treads!).
Chris
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4462 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
Too bad they couldn't get rid of the "bounce."
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
Looks like they need some help. Maybe a helicopter spin with some blood spurting out of it would liven things up. Perhaps a Hippity Hop Host for the children.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
TheGreatGalling
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of TheGreatGalling
Ugh, this is tough to watch. I really hope it is true because otherwise how terribly tragic and sad.
nucinud
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1298 Posts

Profile of nucinud
Geez, that is so bad. Takes you back to the old days when the priests used magic to keep the people in line.
So fake.
"We are what we pretend to be" Kurt Vonnegut, jr.

Now U C It Now U Don't

Harry Mandel

www.mandelmagic.com
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
What do you mean by "old days"?
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17198 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Not miracle, shame too that people will try to "help" God along like that.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Yeah, I hate when people try to help me.

love,

god, the devil.
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
As usual this is an invisible thread routine that goes TOO long. Smile

Once the thing did it's original 'BOING', what was the point of the extra minute and a half of footage.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Billy, the point is *supposed* to be that you can see the different colored vestments through the two wafers as the priests move around, proving the levitation.

I know this because I read the text. I had to read the text because I completely missed the levitation the first time I watched the clip. I guess I'm just not very susceptible to observing the miraculous. Smile

Jeff
SenseiStrange
View Profile
Veteran user
The Dead God's Dreams
345 Posts

Profile of SenseiStrange
(looks around nervously)

Yeah, I would never do anything like this.

(sweat forms)
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I believe it. I make pancakes so light that they always float in the air. However, when you stab 'em with a fork, the helium leaks out.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Hmmm looks like a business scam to me...
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
I do admire those green robes. You could hide bunches of bunnies in each sleeve.

Did folk eat the "Hosts" afterwards? Did they feel lighter in spirit or get a thread caught in their teeth?
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
That the camera is strategically placed and the point of view is an unusual one are cause for suspicion, I think. How convenient it is that these combine to show the "phenomenon" so well. From a slightly different vantage point the whole effect would be lost.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
!VIVA CHARLATANISM!
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17661 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I would guess Electro magnet...I'll look into the wafer thing later.
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
BIlly James
View Profile
Special user
991 Posts

Profile of BIlly James
If you were a priest and suddenly your holy toast started to float, wouldn't you look mildly surprised?

This guy looks like he's about to fall asleep, maybe he hasn't seen the floaty toast, or is this supposed to be an every day occurance at the Church of the Fancy Robes?
randirain
View Profile
Inner circle
Fort Worth, TX
1627 Posts

Profile of randirain
Someone should turn it into one of those scare videos.
After the first movement, you set there and watch it real close.
If a scary face was to pop up with a scream, it would have got me!!

Randi
KrisAudio
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of KrisAudio
After watching more attentivly, the priest seem having his hands open and not closed before the elevation, as I thought. But anyway. You are right Billy, the priest seems not to be surprised, and just after the elevation he makes the sign, and looks at his left for taking a bowl (something like that), as it was something very usual! Never this kind of thing happen in a celebration. I would be so impressed that I would be stopped for doing anything else! I can not believe he hasn't seen what happen too!...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » True Miracle or invisible thread ? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL