The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Impromptu Cap in Bottle Effect (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

doctor_joe
View Profile
Regular user
Vancouver, CANADA
108 Posts

Profile of doctor_joe
This may sound like a stupid question, but is there a cap in bottle routine that allows the magician to use a spectator's bottle?

Joe Finkler
Vancouver, CANADA
Jay Austin
View Profile
Regular user
184 Posts

Profile of Jay Austin
Prohibition will do this. The drawback to me is that it uses a bent bottle cap. I would prefer to use a flat bottle cap that will not just slide out of the neck of the bottle. There are many methods out there for using a flat bottle cap. With those you can not just go pick up a bottle from someone and use that bottle. However, you can prepare a bottle and recap it then open it and pour out the liquid before preforming the trick. Prohibition does let you just go pick up any bottle and use it.
Jay Austin

http://austin-computer-solutions.com/
Hire a tech, not a geek.
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2675 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
Cyril Takayama does Prohibition on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BeHQgByn-YQ

All I can say is that the routine ROCKS! A good friend recommended that I start stocking Prohibition as
his experience in live performance for layfolk was totally out of control. All I can say is that Cyril made
believer out of me. I always hated that you needed something quite uncomfortable to carry around to do the other versions.

Watch the response that Cyril gets. Best,
Brad Burt
Mugen
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Mugen
Quote:
On 2007-09-12 21:30, Jay Austin wrote:
Prohibition will do this. The drawback to me is that it uses a bent bottle cap. I would prefer to use a flat bottle cap that will not just slide out of the neck of the bottle. There are many methods out there for using a flat bottle cap. With those you can not just go pick up a bottle from someone and use that bottle. However, you can prepare a bottle and recap it then open it and pour out the liquid before preforming the trick. Prohibition does let you just go pick up any bottle and use it.

you may want to check out sinful by wayne houchin, it an impromptu signed coin in can trick
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Impromptu Cap in Bottle Effect (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL