The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Metamorphosis at the Gotik Concert (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Stepanov
View Profile
Regular user
Russia, St. Petersburg
184 Posts

Profile of Stepanov
I have a friend Ilya Larionov, who strikes me with how fast he makes steps in the world of magic and I was even more amazed to see him perform his take on this illusion

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMeYTM33n6o
Stepanov Oleg Anatolievich
Bill Nuvo
View Profile
Inner circle
3094 Posts or
2747 Posts

Profile of Bill Nuvo
I liked it. Especially doing it with a live band.
AnthonytheMagic
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of AnthonytheMagic
That's was freaking great!!!!
Lance Richardson
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of Lance Richardson
Cool
The Drake
View Profile
Inner circle
2274 Posts

Profile of The Drake
I also liked it..... buuuuutttt.......

I'm a little suspicious of the camera work. Firstly... I loved the idea of a live singer. That was refreshing and much appreciated. Well done!

I didn't like the levitation actually being a reversed shot of him jumping off the table. I thought that was misleading.

Best,

Tim
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Quote:
On 2007-09-12 18:17, Timothy Drake wrote:
I also liked it..... buuuuutttt.......

I didn't like the levitation actually being a reversed shot of him jumping off the table. I thought that was misleading.

Best,

Tim

Oh now, everyone has a little criss angel in them! LOL Cool show though!
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Kinda agree with you. The reverse shot was misleading. looked like an extreme version of Angel'Lev.
TheMagicalMan
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of TheMagicalMan
I doubt a camera trick was used since the reaction of the people was live (it could be edited but unlikely), besides..... it did look like Criss Angel's version BUT Criss Angel sells this method on DVD.....so you can pretty much build it and perform it and levitate from the back instead of the front or so.

Ilya Larionov is an AMAZING Magician, it was refreshing to see a band and to combine the art of rock/metal music with visual magic, but I prefer to use music instead of a band....pretty refreshing and new nonetheless. Not the metamorphosis was AMAZING.....perhaps THE BEST metamorphosis I have EVER seen. I wonder if this illusion is available.....(or an illusion plan on how to perform this.....preferably a DVD - If anyone knows any please PM me thanks).
Eldon
View Profile
Inner circle
Virden, IL
1134 Posts

Profile of Eldon
Kids got chops.
Fungineer
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Fungineer
Live music nice touch indeed.

Intimate setting also nice to see. Perhaps more illusions should be designed for that proximity.

I believe someone had an ebook about this method. I can't remember the author but I swear there was a low cost metamorphosis that looked just like this in print. It was a PDF if I remember right. I'll have to check my records.
TheMagicalMan
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of TheMagicalMan
Fungineer if you can/do find it, can you PLEASE tell me the source ?! I would really love to know it and I have been searching for this method for a while now. If anyone knows, please guide me, thanks Smile .
Fungineer
View Profile
Regular user
102 Posts

Profile of Fungineer
Okay, found it. It is/was called "Sheet Morph" by Ron Jaxon. It is not the same effect as shown above, but is similar--in that there is a sheet or sheets and it's a metamorphosis effect.

Unfortunately, I can't seem to find Ron's page or a download source.

If you google this effect, you'll actually get to a thread right here on the Café.

Anyhow, I'm not sure if this helps, but feel free to PM me if you need more info.

Perhaps others here can chime in as well.
TheMagicalMan
View Profile
Loyal user
238 Posts

Profile of TheMagicalMan
Thank you Fungineer, I will PM you.
Lin_
View Profile
New user
70 Posts

Profile of Lin_
I think this is not video cut. if it was video cut, maybe they cannot do live things.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Metamorphosis at the Gotik Concert (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL