The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Rannie Raymundo...shhhhh (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4459 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISEWquMSPjg

An old video guys, going back 11 years of what it is today!!! It still looks 99.9% like that!!! Someone who creates a routine and uses it, I love it! And a great finish Smile

A young Rannie Smile

Oh, and here are some more performances so you can see its stages as the years have gone by

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0j5Tx-UMI......;search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pa7hB4GJt5A

http://youtube.com/watch?v=9gdnN08JY5I
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Though he aged a bit, his crisp on performing never faded. In fact, it enhanced! It's so nice of you to post up vids of sir rannie. truly enjoyable! His ending is always a huge BAAAAM when it comes to C&B. In the philippines, I guess, he's the only one remaining who still does it well. With him, C&B is a classic revisited. I'd love to learn it as well. Currently, I'm into the basics, under his supervison. So far, it's.. RAWRR.

Again, thanks for posting the vids. I <3 the boss' hairdos... lol
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks for posting a good collection of Rannie's Cups and Balls videos. They are great and you can see the excellent additions to his routines.
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
The first video was shot way back! That's him in his younger years. It's still fun to watch the Boss performing his cups and balls. It has evolved over the years. This is one of those effects that he always performs. It's his favorite. He would vary it and surprise each time. He just showed another one last night.
imagine the possibilities... endless...
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
869 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
His cups and balls is superb...

very nice

Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
John Heggie
View Profile
Inner circle
Huntersville, NC
1805 Posts

Profile of John Heggie
Thanks for the links.

~John
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4370 Posts

Profile of rannie
OH MY GOOOOOODNESS! Christopher my friend.....! Oh my, oh my! I don't even know those clips still exist! I am almost melting! THE HAIR!
Seriously now... this is quite a treat even for me. It reminds me of all the phases.... the failures .. etc.
My CB is still evolving and I am still pushing it. Oh you should see it now my friend. James Tong has also inspired me to improve it unknowingly. Thanks James... I can't wait to order a set of your wondeful handcrafted balls. Now I am looking for a set of better cups for my routine. Probably go with Johnsons.

I never realized till now that I did keep a big chunk of my old patter... Same moves almost and even the manerisms. Thank heavens... I did not retain the 80's hairdo. LOL!

I am so honored and humbled.

"Maraming Salamat" Thank you very much!

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
houston_3721
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of houston_3721
I remember before you started the lecture you just grabbed Mickey's cups and did a few phases. We were all like wow Wow WOW! And if you didn't stop and did the full routine, then finally pulled out the shot...

I have NO knowledge about C&B and that's so magical and entertaining. But that's something I don't want to see you explain in the lecture even if you decided to. It deserves to remain a mystery for me. Great to become a layman again, just sit back and watch something magical.
please pardon my English
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Thanks for posting the videos Christopher. They all looked great! Rannie amazes me all the time and this is no exception. When I first met Rannie, as per the Café here, I thought he was just a coin guy, I say "just" a coin guy, but that would be an achievement in itself, especially with his expertise! I am learning, however, he can be just about any kind of a guy you want him to be. I find it hard to believe one person could excel in so many areas, but Rannie proves it can be done and is an inspiration.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Rannie,
you are my inspiration!

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
schwarzeine
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of schwarzeine
Wow. Watching the videos makes one see the evolution of The Boss. Tested through time XD
Magikrn
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Magikrn
The last link you posted, is that Rannie? If so then he is claiming John Mendoza's Cups and Balls routine as his own. Maybe show some credit to where you got the idea for your routine.
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4370 Posts

Profile of rannie
Its a Patter foe laymen Magikrn. It is common knowledge to all the magicians that I showed this to that it is Mandoza's Cups and Balls.

"My" is something as a performer for laymen needs to do. I can't work publicly nd tell laymen that it is from The John Mendoza Manuscript that was a gift to me by Lou Hilario who.....

I hope this is clear! If you do a search on Mendoza's cups and balls... you will see the number of times I credited and even reminded some folks on how great this routine plays if it is imbibed into your own personality. The method is MR. MENDOZA's. The routine is mine. Also the the extra loads are inspired by Dan Fleshmans beautifully choreographed loading. Inspired but not copied. There were several touches that makes it quite diff.The final load was my own dream. What more?

Please do check before editorializing kind sir. THIS is my professional CB act. I wish I could credit them publicly. If I could.... my crediting would take longer than my show.

Peace from Manila everyone!

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Sal Amangka
View Profile
Special user
Manila, Philippines
712 Posts

Profile of Sal Amangka
Wow! Those videos were great! Looking back to those days brings back a lot of memories...

Sal
Salamangka in Filipino means "Magic"
http://www.thechubstershow.com
thechubstershow@gmail.com
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Speaking of cups and balls, look closely at the set the boss uses. This is his first set, and the one he often utilize during events. he loves it. so much. he taught his C&B to a handful of his students, and I'm proud to be one!!! This saturday (27th) a C&B competition amongst the students he taught would take place, each one is required to do his routine in its main form. I wish the competitors good luck. the prize would be... the set itself!!! The boss is so kind to do such.

I heard that mr. mendoza already gave the boss rights to this routine... and this routine would be included in the boss book as his own! Check this out.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Excellent stuff from the Boss!

Love it, thanks for sharing...
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4370 Posts

Profile of rannie
Mr. Mendoza was very kind to view my work on the cups and he gave me permision to include my work on my upcoming book and DVD, which is being worked on by Christopher Williams.

Those vids sure makes me cringe.LOL. The hair from hell etc.... It was fun looking back. Now that I have my new cups fro MadJake....it never felt better. I hope to get a larger set next year.

I am also excited about The Tavern competition. Perhaps I should post the video of the competitors. The cups are really special to me. Those were my first cups. I think its about time I handed them down, just as it was handed down to me by my mentor many years ago.

Best of luck to the competitors.

Thank you all for watching! Thanks for searching and posting this Christopher!

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4459 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Never a problem Rannie, I enjoyed watching them, so thought I would share the feeling with everyone else

Thanks!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Wanlu
View Profile
Inner circle
Manila, Philippines
3058 Posts

Profile of Wanlu
Bossing Rannie...you're the BEST!!!
"The Old Path"
www.angdatingdaan.org

Wanlu's Affordable Puppets
http://wanlu.net/ventpuppets.html

Wanlu and his Puppets
http://wanlu.net
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Christopher,

Have you any word on when the book and DVD will be available?

And a Happy New Year to you and yours,
Tom
"But there isn't a door"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Rannie Raymundo...shhhhh (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL