The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Advice Needed: Projecting Tricks (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
991 Posts

Profile of Gianni
I need advice on the equipment needed to project tricks being performed so that a group of 100 or so people could watch. For example, I was recently at a magic convention and the close-up presentations were projected onto a screen so that a room with 100 magicians could watch. What is needed to do this with PORTABLE equipment?

All help will be appreciated. BUT PLEASE keep explanations simple. I am an idiot with this stuff. For example, I have been reading on this topic, and see the concept of "throw." It seems like a basic concept but I don't have clue.

Thanks in advance.

Gianni
derrick
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug holes for
1044 Posts

Profile of derrick
I'm pretty sure that all you will need is a PowerPoint Projector, any video camera that can be mounted on a tripod and that has "video out" option, and a medium to large screen. You will obviously need a patch cord also. Most or all of this can be rented from an audio visual rental company. I'm sure there are plenty in Philadelphia. I just rented a PowerPoint projector for a day and it cost about $150 for the day.

Hope that helps.
Gianni
View Profile
Special user
WILMINGTON, DE
991 Posts

Profile of Gianni
Derrick:

I appreciate your help very much. Thank you.

Gianni
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Advice Needed: Projecting Tricks (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL