We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Steinmeyer's- Bunko! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Jess Cone
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Jess Cone
I wanted to make note of Jim Steinmeyer's routine, Bunko! and say how wonderfully strong it is and easy to do. The bogus bills provided with the routine are beautifully made and make the changes that occur during the routine crystal clear for those watching. Also Jim Steinmeyer has again done a stellar job of creating two fine scripts that can provide a nice outline for creating your own presentations or simply adjusted to your own style/ personality. Hornswoggled! has been in my repertoire for many years and it's great to have another routine of it's caliber. Everything Richard Kaufman has written in the advertisement for this trick is accurate. Get it, I think you'll agree.
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3717 Posts

Profile of mrunge
Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing your thoughts on this routine.

Mark. Smile
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17060 Posts

Profile of joseph
It sounds like a great routine, and you can get it from Jim's Site ..
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
I ordered it hope he send s it out fast =D
SlushMan
View Profile
New user
33 Posts

Profile of SlushMan
Any other reviews on this yet?
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3627 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Sadly no, I ordered from jim's site over a week agi and emailed him. I have not been charge and no replays have been sent to me. I want to support creators but I'm gonna just cancel and buy it from hocus-pocus soon
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
It is also available in http://www.themagicwarehouse.com

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Bunko is also available at MJM magic, who offer free shipping and a 10% discount for returning customers.
(+ some of the best customer service I've experienced at an online magic store).

If you payed more than $21.75 for this gem (with the 10% off and free shipping) check out MJM.
BILL GROOME2
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of BILL GROOME2
Jim Steinmeyer's Bunko is a wonderful new release. It is worth the $18.95.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Bill, I not only got your point, but bookmarked your shop in the process.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1176 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Once again - in Europe we do not have bills of the same size. I assume to do this with real money it requires bills of the same size?

Also I don't think the description of the effect does me any wiser. What does the spectator see?

"Twenty dollars in change (five singles, three fives) changes to $19, then $14, back to $20... And at the end, the sucker ends up with just thirteen dollars."

Is it a lot of visual magic? How does it compare to Hundy 500?
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
Hundy 500 is a variation of the magical 100 dollar bill switch.
Bunko is a short change con, which is a take off of a real "short con" from days gone by.

The two effects may share some methods (although they don't have to) but the effect itself is very different.

The effect of Hundy 500 is a magical transposition, as are most "sudden" changes.

Steinmeyer's Bunko is a short change routine, and is a variation on an old street con that involves giving and taking money, in effect a customer giving money to a store owner and in the end leaving with more than he went in with, or leaving with a product and only having paid half of what was owed.

A short change routine is more like the three shell game, or three card monte than it is like a classic magic effect.

(Yes, you would require bills of the same size.)
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1176 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Thanks a lot.

I assume the Bunko bills are examinable??? or? To what extent are the bills examinable.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4586 Posts

Profile of silverking
You're getting into questions that would require you to purchase the effect in order to get answers!
I'll end my part of this conversation by saying it's a fantastic routine, and gets great reactions from those who watch it.
Jess Cone
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Jess Cone
Hi, Just had a chance to review this thread again. All I can add to this discussion is get it. You won't be sorry in my estimation. When ordering remember that Mr. Steinmeyer's items are sent out through Hahn Publishing. My Bunko set arrived in a very timely manner, much sooner than I had expected. I continue to do this effect to excellent reactions from my spectators. I'll say it again the price is almost a give away for such a great routine. Vraagaard, the bills supplied are quite good. I'm sure once you get a set you will see ways to set this up in European bills without much difficulty. I think you may even choose to use the bills provided. Hope this helps.
Vraagaard
View Profile
Inner circle
Copenhagen, Denmark
1176 Posts

Profile of Vraagaard
Thanks a lot for your answers - I will look into this effect.
David Tower
View Profile
Regular user
David Tower
124 Posts

Profile of David Tower
Does anyone know if there are any video demos or presentations of this effect on the web?
TheAstonishingLarry
View Profile
Regular user
I aspire to more than only
183 Posts

Profile of TheAstonishingLarry
Just received mine last week from HP and though I have yet to learn it well enough for a performance, here’s my take.

The fake bills included are beautiful … no, they don’t look like real currency … much easier to tell the “fives” and “ones” apart as they’re different colors … and the fact that they’re printed on a glossy, thin card stock means they handle more like cards that paper money.

The instructions are beautifully done … very easy to follow. The patter is what makes the effect. This is much more involved than the typical Hundy 500 presentation, “Hey, you want to see something pretty neat?” [Not that there’s anything wrong with that approach, I just don’t think it would work here given that the bills aren’t real].

The promotional material refers to Bunko as “magic theater” … pulling the audience into the accompanying story while the “magic” happens in your hands (there’s an alternate story too if you don’t like the first). The handling (if you can call it that) isn’t at all difficult, it’s just learning the patter while counting the bills repeatedly and always coming up with a different total … to do this justice, you should have the patter down pat so it comes out like a story that maybe happened to you … or someone you know.

I guess to sum it up, I’d say that Bunko is like Color Monte with paper money. It lends itself to the same type of presentation … “Hey, you’ll never believe what happened to me the other day … “

Regards,
Larry
"If you want to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe." - Carl Sagan
magicden
View Profile
Regular user
scotland
103 Posts

Profile of magicden
I am having a bit of trouble with one part of the routine where you show $14. Anyone else stuck at this part?
I find that all the other counts are fine.
Cheers,
denis
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2472 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Denis,

PM me with your problem, and I will see if I can help you make sense of it.

RevJohn
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Steinmeyer's- Bunko! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL