The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Steinmeyer's- Bunko! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
I notice that Vraagaard asked if the bills are examinable, but if I'm not mistaken, he did not receive a response. I'm curious about this as well. Does anyone have the answer?
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Special user
Curtis The Mentalist
505 Posts

Profile of CurtWaltermire
I recently obtained this effect and have been working with it. As far as the bills being examinable, I think I may safely say this: the entire routine is extremely subtle and straightforward. There is a small portion that is unexaminable, but in the end that part is cleverly and cleanly disposed of, and what remains IS examinable. The disappearance and reappearance of the bills as they are counted out several times is increasingly astonishing due to the fact that the counts appear to be so straightforward and without any fancy moves. It is practically a self-working trick.

The most difficult part of it is perhaps the patter matching up with the moves, but Jim has made a built-in way of remembering the sequence of events by placing a small, unobtrusive little "code" on the bills that acts as a reminder. Jim really thought of everything here, which I'm sure comes as no surprise to anyone.

The finale gives a strong appearance of finishing clean, but even there a little audience management may be required, but nothing major. I believe the effect is well worth the money. As the instructions state, it is a great little bit of "magic theatre."
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Terrific review. Thanks for the info, Curt, I'm placing my order now.
richgerb86
View Profile
Loyal user
Reading, Pa.
204 Posts

Profile of richgerb86
In the ad copy, it states that it can be done with real bills (it tells you how to make them). My question...
Does it play as well with real bills?
Thanks for your help.
Rich
RevJohn
View Profile
Inner circle
Oregon City Oregon, Oregon
2473 Posts

Profile of RevJohn
Rich,

It mentions that you can use real bills, but it also suggests you laminate them. I would stick with the bills that come with the effect, as it fits the story line quite well.

Just my two cents.

John
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
I do have to say that I have received Bunko and absolutely love it!! I had a thought on the idea of using real bills and you could justify the lamination of them. You could always say that they were the bills that were actually used in the storyline (provided you could find bills that old still in circulation or you could sort of change the characters that were used in the storyline). Of course I'm referring to the first storyline.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12967 Posts

Profile of John C
If anyone has both can you tell me how Danny Archer's Big Bucks and Bunko differ?

Thanks

John
tpax
View Profile
Elite user
Columbia, Maryland
443 Posts

Profile of tpax
I heard the new 5's are out. They are supposed to be a different color, like a purple shade. If so, I see a set of real bunko bills is in my future!
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
The investment to use real currency isn't that bad, just remember to laminate them, makes the handling better. I've started using it for my presentation and haven't been questioned about it...but then again maybe they're just being nice.....and all this time I've been a horrible magician that people tolerate.....

I'll see you guys later, there's a corner with my name on it that looks ripe for the fetal position.
Danny Borneo
View Profile
Special user
722 Posts

Profile of Danny Borneo
Quote:
On 2008-03-11 20:00, johncesta wrote:
If anyone has both can you tell me how Danny Archer's Big Bucks and Bunko differ?

Thanks

John

wish I could give you some insight on this but I'm not familiar with Big Bucks, but Danny makes some quality stuff. Just not sure what the differences would be, but both Danny and Jim are very accesible people you could always try to email one, the other or both. Hope that helps.

Danny B.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Steinmeyer's- Bunko! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL