The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The BOSS' US Dollars on Asian Hands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
I've known the boss for quite some time now, in different angles and areas, of course. And this, I am certain of: he never stops, he never slacks, hell his drive never gets contented. He always wants more, wants to improve things... BUT he is not a compulsive perfectionist. It's just that, he pushes himself always, ever so often, just because he wants to.

Anyway, you may have seen his video on his coin production using philippine pesos. PMs, questions, good feedback were given and all of them are appreciated. As for the few inquisitive minds who asked if the Boss could use US coins, here's the response... taped in Manila, by about 5 PM. Asian hands, US dollars... haha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4XL-nXN_UI

Enjoy!

PS: Oh, yes. The boss can't do 15..... =)
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
869 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Rannie,.....

only two words AMAZING and CRAZY

well done... very nice indeed.....

Thanks for sharing it with us

Cheers
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
I knew he couldn't do 15! LOL! Great one Boss! One reason why he didn't do it with US Dollar coins is because he didn't have that much of those back then.
imagine the possibilities... endless...
iamslow
View Profile
Inner circle
Proffessional Slacker
1926 Posts

Profile of iamslow
Now I want to see it with 3 inch jumbo coins...lol just kidding... nice one bro...I'm glad I got you back into coins and now you are rockin' the world wide scene... get some sleep before you get cramps...

pals
j
"Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face" Mike Tyson
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10763 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Rannie thaught for a moment you were going tpo [pull cyssa formn your palm LOL
that was awsome 4 more to go
the godfather
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
schwarzeine
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of schwarzeine
The Boss can't do 15, but can Do 16! Great! haha. Great one Boss!!
Eric Jones
View Profile
V.I.P.
Director of Product Development
2101 Posts

Profile of Eric Jones
Excellent Rannie....i'm impressed....i'm still working on 6....keep up the good work man!!!!!!!
“We're two tigers away from an act in Vegas.” Greg House M.D.
<BR>
<BR>http://www.ericjonesmagic.com
houston_3721
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of houston_3721
B-E-A-utiful! We all knew you can keep pushing your record. Smile

Rannie you made us Asians proud! And it truly is an inspiration for all magicians, "If you think you can, you can!"

Dor-Je (Thanks in Cantonese, still remember that?)
please pardon my English
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Congratulations, Rannie. That is a great record we Asians will be proud of. Keep breaking more records, Rannie. 5 more to go to make 21 - not 20 anymore.
Fingers
View Profile
Inner circle
Pennsylvania, USA
1330 Posts

Profile of Fingers
Excellent, excellent, excellent Rannie! Thanks for the video link Cyssa. Rannie you make for a great role model to follow after, thank you.....
Where I go, so do my coins.....
magic_aaronlee
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of magic_aaronlee
Rannie, Congratulations for breaking your record again ^0^
It's really really amazing!!
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Quote:
On 2007-09-16 06:24, Fingers wrote:
Excellent, excellent, excellent Rannie! Thanks for the video link Cyssa. Rannie you make for a great role model to follow after, thank you.....

Role model of a magician who could readily produce a great heart, anytime, anywhere, without setups. Smile
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1469 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Rannie my friend,

One word:

GREAT
"But there isn't a door"
ronstoppable
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of ronstoppable
You guys think that's amazing?
you should see it live...
I did...

it was INSANE!
Magikrn
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Magikrn
But what is the record? Justin Styles did 10 in under 30 seconds. It took The Boss' 45 seconds to do it and it looks very unnatural. Now I understand this is very hard to do, but when Justin does it, it looks like pure magic. The Boss' does it and it looks like he is hiding coins in his hand and producing them one at a time.
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Quote:
On 2007-09-20 02:42, Magikrn wrote:
But what is the record? Justin Styles did 10 in under 30 seconds. It took The Boss' 45 seconds to do it and it looks very unnatural. Now I understand this is very hard to do, but when Justin does it, it looks like pure magic. The Boss' does it and it looks like he is hiding coins in his hand and producing them one at a time.

It's 'style', I suppose, not 'styles'.
This video is not about setting records.. it's not about doing world records. It is PROVING that HE CAN, despite small hands, and defeating his personal best. The boss never compared himself with justin style. you are severely wrong if you thought so.

May I ask now, you can answer me in PMs if you wish... what made the boss' handling unmagical? And what do you suggest to make it look more natural?

cyssa
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Ha ha ha.... that's fine Cyssa. Im used to these kinds of comment. Can't please everyone you know. BUT... we can inspire some... that's more than enough. There is nothing to prove really... there is something to share. 2 says it looks unnatural out of hundreds ain't bad. Same thing with my Cups and Balls routine. No worries.

I can only speak for myself and my Tavern.... we aspire to inspire and not expire. We simply have nothing to prove or out do.... we do have something to share. That is what we are all about.

Enjoy magic and life Magikrn. There is only 1 Champ... that is Justin Style. However there are others out there with his passion and courage.

Peace From The Brown Coinman or the Flip Brother!

Rannie "The Boss" Raymundo
aka The Manila Enforcer
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Can't resist. =P

Anyway. If we could only see magic through the eyes of a child; and not through the jaded eyes of angry men.... magic can be seen everywhere.

SOME could BE SO CRITICAL on coin handling, despite admitting they actually can't do coins well... they could just be so judgmental when this just gained the approval of some coin gods (including his lordship mr. style)...

and I wonder now, how could a novice know the workings of a pro?
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thank you all for the warm response and support for what I do. The difficulty aside from the number of coins and the size is the weight. Doing it slower is actually harder. This entails more muscle control and it is quite painful. If I am going to disregard presentation and the element of suspense then doing it faster as I use to do when I'm lazy or escaping from pain...then it would be easier.

Just for the record (the only record here I want to make) Justin Style holds the official record. He is my hero and my friend. Pls allow the guys with small hands to have a glimps of hope. This is also for all the magicians with dreams.

For all my brothers in Magic and all my Asian brothers.... I'll keep pushing it!

Simply,

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
You have all our support, Rannie.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » The BOSS' US Dollars on Asian Hands (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL