The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Kingdom of the Red- Book/DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4770 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Thanks to everyone for their participation. John's winning book and DVD and Bonus coin are in the mail.

I'm running an unadvertised special on Kingdom of the Red for this week. You'll get FREE Priority Mail shipping in the USA and the FREE dollar size antique Chinese coin. Just click the "Special add to cart" button at the bottom of the page: http://www.geocities.com/larrybarnowsky/pricelistkotr3.html

Larry Smile
boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
I've stated in a previous post how much great material is in this book. I just built my own version of Binary Prediction from Chapter 2.It's a clever self working mathematical principle which allows the magician to predict a date on a coin and a freeely chosen letter tile. I've performed this twice and got great a response.Although the book is mostly close up magic, there are some apparatus effects that Larry created.I'm not good enough with tools to make the Haunted Cabinet but watching that performed and then explained on the DVD made me smile. Very ingenious mechanical device.He had detailed descriptions and pics in the book for those who are into woodworking.

Any new effects or books in the future?

BJ
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Thanks BJ for your comments. Binary Prediction is a wonderful effect which is almost self working. The Haunted Cabinet is the best mechanical piece of apparatus that I've created and it's a favorite effect of mine to perform because it accomplishes mechanically that which should be impossible.

As far as future books, I am working on my third book with 20 chapters done so far and another ten still still to write. I have no firm date for publication, but based on past experience we're likely looking at a year from now. The material written in the book so far covers card magic, all types of ball magic, and some original apparatus. All routines are original and contain a full script. They are taught with detailed step by step instructions and aided by hundreds of high resolution b/w photos like in Kingdom of the Red. All effects are practical routines that I have performed and refined over the years.

I am getting to the last cartons of Kingdom of the Red. Unlike 21st Century Coin Mechanics,I will not be making a second printing or second edition.

Larry Smile

Posted: Jun 13, 2009 3:20pm
Some recent purchasers of Kingdom of the Red asked me if I could release the audio track that I use for "The Magic Lesson" in Chapter 13. It is now available on my website for a nominal charge. I can provide it in audio CD or cassette tape format. If it is ordered at the time the book/dvd is purchased, there is no additional shipping charge.
http://www.geocities.com/larrybarnowsky/......19679171

I've successfully shipped a book internationally (to Singapore) using the flat rate Priority Mail envelope ($13) and I'm told the book and DVD arrived in perfect condition. It is not padded like the bubblewrap envelopes that I normally use for international shipping but much cheaper than the $24 that it costs me to send it in the larger padded envelope. If you choose that cheaper method please realize that I won't be responsible for damages to the contents.
http://www.geocities.com/larrybarnowsky/kotr3.html

Larry
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
I recived the kingdom of the red book today and WOW it is full of great effects. I wish I was talented enough in wood working to bulid the spirit box it is great. I also like the magic lesson and the dice rountine. all of the effects in the book are great. if you are looking for solid rountines that are incredible I suggest you get the book. thanks
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Thanks Brandon for those comments. I really appreciate the feedback.

Some additional news:

I have 4 Time Tunnel Kits left. No more will be made.

I have 3 Dice/No Dice Kits remaining in stock. I have not decided if any more sets will be made.

I have just restocked my velvet ropes in three colors (royal purple, red, white) and they are sold in 48 inch lengths or custom lengths on request.

I have also just restocked my seamless 3 1/2 inch brass rings.

Check these out at rings and ropes

I have a limited number of half dollar and silver dollar size solid antique Chinese Coins in stock.
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
As B Hackler mentioned the dice routine (Dice/No Dice) is a winner. The apparatus is custom made and works perfectly. The entire routine just flows and the climax very unexpected. I wish more magic books were written and illustrated with such clarity as kingdom of the red.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

I've gotten some PMs and emails asking about availability of my books from local dealers. The only dealer authorized to sell my books is Stevens Magic Emporium.

Their latest catalog (Summer 2009, SME-B12) has for sale on page 58 both of my books, Kingdom of the Red, and 21st Century Coin Mechanics. Or, you can purchase them directly from me through my website listed by my signature below. I still include a FREE antique dollar size Chinese coin with each book ordered.

Two Time Tunnel Kits and two Dice/No Dice Kits are left in stock.

Larry Smile
boxjumper
View Profile
Veteran user
362 Posts

Profile of boxjumper
Larry,

Is there any chance of you selling perhaps a limited number of the Haunted Cabinets? I love the effect as you do it on the DVD. It's beyond my capability to construct it. I'm a bit woodshop challenged. Smile I bet others would be interested in it as well.

BJ
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

BJ,

I don't the time right now to make a run of haunted cabinets. I'm very busy with my third book which is almost finished. I still have much editing and photography to do. I might be open to allowing another craftftman to build them under a royalty agreement but that is not something that I am actively pursuing.
The new book like the previous ones will be hardcover on glossy enamel 80 weight stock (textbook size) with a colored dust jacket. It will likely be at least 300 pages with more than 500 photos. A companion performance/teaching DVD is also planned. Target date is Fall 2010.

Larry

Posted: Oct 27, 2009 4:35pm
UPDATE:

My website has been down since Saturday Oct. 24 while I updated all the links to reflect the new host and new domain name etc. It was NOT a lot of fun. You can find me at http://www.barnowskymagic.com

Or for information, and photos for Kingdom of the Red go directly to http://www.barnowskymagic.com/kotr1.html

Larry
mimo67
View Profile
Veteran user
France
322 Posts

Profile of mimo67
Hi all,

I recently ordered Kingdom of the Red (book + DVD), and a ring and Time Tunnel, and I have to say that I'm really pleased with this stuff, great job, great effects, very doable and professionnal.

Thanks Larry and good luck/job for your next book !!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~MiMo~~~~~~~~~~~~~
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
I recieved the book and DVD a week ago. This book appears to be a labour of love, with meticulous attention to detail, not a 'quick fix' of tricks.
Some of the routines are not something that I would use straight away, but would be long term projects. Take the 'Haunted Cabinet' - This is just such a powerful prop and routine for the right kind of show - I will be looking to build one soon (which is part of the attraction...).

There is some great material included in here. This is a collection of work that is a long term investment. I'm glad I got my copy.

Charlie
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Thanks Charlie and mimo67 for you feedback. The Haunted cabionet is a prop that not everyone will build or have built for them, but I think anyone reading about the mechanics of how it works, or watches the DVD of it in action will find it fascinating.

The Time Tunnel Props that go with "Gateway Through Space and Time" from Ch. 7 are still in stock and my best seller.

The 3 1/2 inch brass seamless brass rings are also fully stocked for ring and rope work such as "Comedy Rope and Ring" in Ch. 3.

SPECIAL OFFER for Café Members:

Mention the Magic Café and get A FREE silver dollar size antique Chinese coin and your choice of a FREE brass ring or 48 inch velvet rope with purchase of Kingdom of the Red.

Larry Smile
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
280 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
Charlie is right. It's a meticulously written book. I just ordered one as a gift for a good friend.

David
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Thanks Charlie and David for those comments.

The special offer for Café members in the older post has expired.

However each book will still come with a genuine antique silver dollar size solid Chinese coin.
I'll throw in free Priority Mail shipping as well for Café members in the USA. Please mention The Magic Café.
http://www.barnowskymagic.com/pricelistkotr3.html
To get the free priority shipping, click "add to cart" next to the word "Special" at the bottom right of the ordering page.

Larry
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

I'm running a contest on the card forum and the winner will receive Kingdom of the Red with the DVD FREE. Enter as often as you wish.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=2&0
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

In response to some recent PMs, Kingdom of the Red will not be avialable as an e-book and I will not sell individual chapters as pdfs. My new book which will be published next year is complete including the 750 photos. I will be working on the companion DVD and cover artwork.

SPECIAL OFFER for Café Members ONLY:

Mention the Magic Café and get A FREE silver dollar size antique Chinese coin and your choice of a FREE brass ring or 48 inch velvet rope with purchase of Kingdom of the Red.

I will also include my NEW beautiful handmade business card.

Larry
radaghast
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of radaghast
Loved the Kingdom of the Red dic. Made the dice cube holder, not as hard as you would think, the practice needed for the routine is worth. Thanks again Larry for sharing this great material with us.

Radaghast
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4770 Posts

Thanks Radaghast,

For those of you that are not handy with tools, the apparatus for the effect, "Dice/No Dice" is still available from me at:

http://www.barnowskymagic.com/pricelist7.html

The dice supplied are 1 inch size. The effect is described in detail in Kingdom of the Red. I do not sell instructions separately.

Larry
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Kingdom of the Red- Book/DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL