The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Kingdom of the Red- Book/DVD (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
Cooperstown, NY where bats are made from
4866 Posts

Profile of Larry Barnowsky
Thanks for the heads up. I'll check into this ASAP. Obviously some mistake was made by them.

Larry

Posted: Jul 31, 2008 6:01pm
I've talked with the tech support folks at demon.net and they assure me that my website was NEVER flagged by them. They state categorically that in fact they NEVER flag websites regarding content.

I PMed Ian who told me that this message came up when he went to page 3 of my website http://www.geocities.com/larrybarnowsky/kotr3.html but when he tried just now, no such message came up. It sounds more like some glich, virus, or bad silicon Karma.

BJ,
I'm glad you like those two packet effects. Urokinase is a core card effect of mine. Zero Sum Game is a great quickie which you can do in your hand and without any table.

As far as anything up my sleeve, there is a baffling card effect which didn't make it into KOTR because it was so new and not fully audience tested. It's a favorite of mine now, but if you wait for the January 2009 issue of MAGIC magazine to come out you'll be able to read the full explanation with photos.

Larry
amerigo
View Profile
Veteran user
Can't believe I only have
318 Posts

Profile of amerigo
Awesome book Larry . Well written with a great variety of tricks . I especially like the ring and string/rope routines. Great book and greta value. Do yourself a favor and buy the book now.
Magic is Everywhere
magicorik
View Profile
Loyal user
Italia
201 Posts

Profile of magicorik
This is a GREAT book.
I have the collector edition and I think it is a work of art: clear photos (more than 450!!), well written, a companion DVD......what else would I need?
Excellent job.
Underpriced.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4866 Posts

Thanks amerigo and magicorik for the positive feedback.
Some news:
Last Saturday I performed and taught effects from both of my books at a lecture in Clifton Park New York. The effects from Kingdom of the Red included Three Lesson, Rendezvous Aces, Wedding Ring Redux, and Urokinase. From 21st Century Coin Mechanics I performed and taught Coins From Vegas, Digestible Coins, and Boomerang Coins as well as URV technique and the Flying Changeover Palm. The 2 hour lecture was very well received signing books and doing one on one instruction after the lecture.

If you go to my my website and click the link "card flourishes" in the first paragraph, a short video of card spinning moves from KOTR will load.

Posted: Oct 3, 2008 12:34pm
Does anyone have know Matthew Savin? He ordered Kingdom of the Red by Paypal but did not include his shipping address. I've emailed him but I get a message back saying his mailbox is full. Any help would be appreciated.

Larry
magic-dabra
View Profile
Regular user
Knoxville, TN
153 Posts

Profile of magic-dabra
I received my book & DVD today. I am so excited to get into it after reading several reviews but I am going to save it for vacation next week. After just flipping through the book for 3 minutes I can say it is an extrodinary book from the standpoint of paper. print, and photographs. I had read the reviews and many people had talked about the physical book itself but it is beyond my expectations. You have a quality product Larry and I expect the contents will exceed the physical book.

Thank you for your time and help. I will post a follow-up note after I read through it next week.
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4866 Posts

Thanks magic-dabra for those positive comments. I look forward to your follow up review.

One update: A fabulous original card effect of mine called "Chance or Choice" will appear in MAGIC Magazine in the February 2009 issue.

Larry
Barry Donovan
View Profile
Special user
848 Posts

Profile of Barry Donovan
My turn to chime in
I posted in a different thread explaining I was after a book with a bit of everything in but mainly cards as needed to add to my close up arsenal, larry promptly pm'd me telling me about the kingdom of the red and what its about, when someone goes out of there way to write to me, (and it was a single sentence) I feel its my duty to check out what its all about, and I'm glad I did, not read a bad word about it and have placed my order and wait for its arrival, also larry personally offered to sign it which I love, cant wait to get practising and will let you all know how it goes
Barry
when you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth
wunceaponatime
View Profile
Loyal user
274 Posts

Profile of wunceaponatime
Looking forward to your chance or choice trick in Magic magazine.Any other projects or books in the near future?

David
motown
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta by way of Detroit
6010 Posts

Profile of motown
Was Larry's book ever reviewed in Magic or Genii? I don't recall seeing anything.
Just wondering.
"If you ever write anything about me after I'm gone, I will come back and haunt you."
– Karl Germain
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4866 Posts

Hi motown,

You never saw Kingdom of the Red reviewed in MAGIC or Genii for the simple reason that I never sent them a copy to review. These magazines don't review books or tricks unless they are submitted to them. Folks on the Café have been kind enough to write up their own opinions of my book and I think those reviews speak for themselves. If you still have some doubts, just order the book and companion DVD and if you are unhappy with your purchase, return it for a full refund.

Barry,
Thanks for your positive comments and support.

David,
I'm currently working on another book of both new and old original material. I have not as yet set a target date for publication.

Best,

Larry
King14
View Profile
Loyal user
249 Posts

Profile of King14
This book is great and Larry's customer service is super-Buy it Plus his props
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4866 Posts

Thanks so much for your support King14.

Two bits of news.

If you want the Deluxe Leather Edition of Kingdom of the Red, you probably should order it now since I only have a few copies left of the original 50 signed and numbered books.

For Café members only, I will be providing FREE Priority Mail shipping on Kingdom of the Red through Thanksgiving (in the USA only). PM me for details on how to order through the website without paying for shipping.

Larry

Posted: Dec 20, 2008 5:19pm
I'm extending the FREE Priority Mail shipping (USA only) through Christmas for Café members and 4 free antique Chinese dollar size coins will come with each purchase as an extra bonus. PM me or email me for details.

barnowsky1@aol.com

Posted: Feb 28, 2009 2:37pm
I just added to my website two short video clips from Kingdom of the Red. One is a coin change and the other is a spinning card flourish. If you want to view them, go to my website and click the highlighted words "coins" or "card flourishes" in the first paragraph.

For Café members ONLY, Kingdom of the Red, the hardcover book and DVD are available at a very special deal. FREE Priority Shipping in the USA, FOUR FREE antique dollar size Chinese coins and $10 off the regular price of $60.
Total cost is $50 which includes the book, DVD, 4 coins, and Priority Mail shipping in the USA. Don't order through the website. Send payment to Paypal:
estie902@aol.com

This offer is good for 1 week.

Thanks.

Larry
Johnny Butterfield
View Profile
Veteran user
378 Posts

Profile of Johnny Butterfield
I can't say enough good things about Kingdom of the Red.

Urokinase kills people every time, and there's no drawbacks - amazing angles, nothing to prepare, fully examinable, and minimal sleights. It's as solid a piece of magic as I've ever come across.
The current economic crisis is due to all the coins I've vanished.
The poster formerly known as Fman111.
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
871 Posts

Profile of andykean
I can't wait for my copy to arrive in sunny New Zealand!!
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I just received both books - "Kingdom of the Red" and "21st Century Coin Mechanics" from Larry Barnowsky.

All I can say is a big WOW! The quality of the books are superb and the contents are so rich with useable techniques and routines. Larry really put in the work on the explanations and photo illustrations - you can really follow them easily.

I am very pleased with both books.

Thanks, Larry for making them available to us all.
andykean
View Profile
Special user
U.K - Now living in New Zealand Auckland
871 Posts

Profile of andykean
This book is exceptional plus a dvd amazing value!
I really like Ch. 21, Urokinase

Do your self a favour and buy this!
Andy
Larry Barnowsky
View Profile
Inner circle
4866 Posts

Thanks so much to Frman11, James, and Andy for those kind remarks.

Someone PMed me asking what effects in the book would be good for beginners.

Here are the ones I'd recommend:

Ch. 5 Entropy II (cards)
Ch. 14 Natural Selection (cards)
Ch. 27 All Heads Up (coins)

Most of the material in the book is geared to magicians with basic skills. However, all important moves are taught in detail in both the book and the DVD.

Larry

Magician Stimulus Package:

In order to stimulate the economy as well as magical imagination, I am announcing the start of a new CONTEST.

Just fill in the blanks of the following story and copy and paste it into your posted answer. You may change "he" to "she" and "his" to "her" if needed.

For the climax of The Great ____ 's Cups and Balls Routine, he lifts up the first cup revealing _____, the second cup revealing _______ , and to his surprise the third cup producing ________ !!!

RULES:

Maximum of two entries per Café member. They can be within the same post.
All submissions should comply with Café rules and etiquette.
Employees of Gyromagnetic Press are ineligible.

The winning entry will be chosen based on creativity, humor, and the phases of the moon.

The winner shall receive a personally autographed copy of Kingdom of the Red and the Companion DVD.

The contest begins today Tueday April 28 and will end Monday at Midnight May 4.

Best of luck to everyone.

Larry

:cups:
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2439 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
For the climax of The Great Nixon's Cups and Balls Routine, he lifts up the first cup revealing the rotting corpse of S. W. Erdnase, the second cup revealing the missing 18 1/2 minutes, and to his surprise the third cup producing a hole in the space/time continuum!!!

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf
Sixten
View Profile
Inner circle
Floral Park, NY, U.S.A.
4555 Posts

Profile of Sixten
The (late) Great Lynde, (Paul), that is)-heard he use to 'dabble'
...first cup revealing, nothing.
...the second cup revealing, again, nothing
...the third cup producing, absolutely, nothing!!!
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2909 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
For the climax of The Great Michael Kras' Cups and Balls Routine, he lifts up the first cup revealing his winning announcement, the second cup revealing the autographed copy of The Kingdom of the Red , and to his surprise the third cup producing the companion DVD!!!
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Kingdom of the Red- Book/DVD (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL