The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Its almost Halloween: Trick instead of treat! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3079 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
Docsteve, they don't celebrate Walpurgisnacht either, generally speaking. There is something called "dance into May" which is the same night, and people go dancing and such. But a general celebration doesn't exist.

EXCEPT: Walpurgisnacht *is* celebrated by a group of people who go up to the highest peak of the Harz mountains, a peak called the "Brocken"--traditionally a meeting point for witches. It's only about 50 or 60 miles from where I live, but I haven't had the opportunity to go there during Walpurgisnacht. Maybe it's just as well: I hear it's very "touristy". Still, I've been planning to go for at least a decade. Maybe next year.

Jeff
dough
View Profile
Loyal user
Gee. . . 13 years, and only
238 Posts

Profile of dough
After running a yard haunt for close to 25 years and averaging about one thousand trick or treaters on Halloween every year for the last ten years. I have moved a couple of months ago and will probably just lose my mind on Halloween night, or go sit in the storage building with my caskets and skulls Smile
"One of the Last Ten in One Sideshows"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Its almost Halloween: Trick instead of treat! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL