The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2007 entrée: Daryl » » How do you control a card Daryl? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

elliotcarver
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of elliotcarver
So my question is how do you control a card? Not only in an Ambitious Card routine.
Do you sometimes even use the simplest double undercut?

Thanks
Elliot Carver
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
You can lean how Daryl controls cards on his Encyclopedia of Card Sleights:
http://www.foolerdoolers.com/store/produ......d=800200
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Dennis Loomis
View Profile
1943 - 2013
2113 Posts

Profile of Dennis Loomis
To Chris,
Well, there are many, many controls on those DVDs and Daryl appears to have mastered them all. I suspect what Elliot wants to know, is given so much talent at his fingertips, what control does Daryl use most in the real world?

I'm curious about that as well.

Dennis Loomis

P.S. The Daryl Encyclopedia of Card Sleights is a MUST HAVE set of DVDs for any magician that does card magic. It's such a valuable tool. I find myself looking things up on it several times a month.
Itinerant Montebank
<BR>http://www.loomismagic.com
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Hi Dennis!

Daryl answered your question in another post about the pass. He prefers the Automatic Jog Control by Paul LePaul.

elliotcarver
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of elliotcarver
I have a question about the Automatic Jog Control.
Is it a variation on a double undercut?
Just a fancy looking double undercut? Like the one Brad Christian teaches in Ninja 1?

Thanks
Elliot Carver
Pete McEwen
View Profile
Special user
Durham, N.C.
576 Posts

Profile of Pete McEwen
No, it is not. Either pick up Lepauls book, or find some of Daryl's stuff on it. He goes over it very well in his lecture.

Pete
The magician formerly known as SPEEDcuber
"no one will believe the things we do if we don't believe them ourselves." - Slydini
PeteMcEwen@mac.com
Daryl Easton
View Profile
1955 - 2017
174 Posts

Profile of Daryl Easton
Thank you so much Christopher and Pete, I appreciate your saving me a LOT of time! You’re both right, my favorite card control is the Automatic Jog Control by Paul LePaul and this is NOT any type of variation of the Double Cut.

Elliot Carver: If you have any interest in learning top quality card technique, I believe the best thing you could do is purchase the entire eight volume set of The Encyclopedia of Card Sleights by Daryl. Don’t take my word for it, what do the readers in the Magic Café think of these videos?

The reason I mention my particular series is because, in addition to fact that I sell them (at a discount) on my website, I feel that I teach good quality techniques and I teach them in way that makes them easy to understand and learn. I’ve seen several other videos that are by younger guys with very little experience and they teach bad techniques that they don’t even perform well themselves. I’ll say no more.
Daryl - The Magician's Magician

www.Daryl.net
elliotcarver
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of elliotcarver
Ok, thank you very much Daryl!
I will check them out!
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
The Automatic Jog Control by Paul LePaul is deadly.I first saw this on Daryl's Ambitious Card Video. Daryl had the spectator choose a card, sign it and then Daryl made a fan and the spectator placed and pushed in the card.

They had a free choice as to where they put it. This is what makes this control so deceptive. For anyone that has ever had a spectator replace a chosen card and they didn't want to put it back where you were 'forcing" them to, this sleight solves the problem.

Daryl closed the fan and the card was his do what he wanted to with it. I knew it was controlled, I just couldn't figure out how. Well, I wrote Daryl and he e-mailed me right back with the answer.

This is what this control woill also do: make you feel like an expert card handler. That feeling will give you improved confidance in your performance. And, it is not difficult to do. In fact, it's quite simple once you know the technique and Daryl teaches it perfectly.

It's on his excellent card Control Series. You should have the whole set, but the Automatic Jog Control is on DVD#2:
http://foolerdoolers.com/store/productde......d=800201

elliotcarver
View Profile
Regular user
181 Posts

Profile of elliotcarver
Ok I checked it out on another DVD.
I like it but it almost never works with me. I always loos the jog or something.
Do you really need to push it in deep?

Thanks Daryl
Maritess
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of Maritess
What is your website url Daryl?
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2007-09-24 23:58, Maritess wrote:
What is your website url Daryl?

http://foolerdoolers.com

kamus
View Profile
Veteran user
Silver Spring, Md
369 Posts

Profile of kamus
RE: the automatic jog control (which I learned from a Daryl lecture- thanks Daryl!) it's a great move and relatively easy to learn. One caution though it is very possible to "lose" the controlled card. Those who do this know exactly what I mean. A little bit of care in that department and you have a great control.
il illegetimi est non carborundum

http://www.davidkanemusic.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The September 2007 entrée: Daryl » » How do you control a card Daryl? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL