The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Aging cards but retaining shape (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ross
View Profile
Elite user
Bristol
479 Posts

Profile of Ross
Hello all,

I'm after some advice on how to 'age' cards so that they still retain their double-lift ability. I've tried the tea method - but this seems to make the cards lose their shape and flatness. Any ideas good people?

Best wishes,

Ross
LLL
View Profile
Inner circle
1574 Posts

Profile of LLL
Ross, I think if you search there are some cards from illusionist available...
The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
The site is http://www.ellusionist.com . They have some cards that are already aged so that you don't have to waste your time trying out different ways of achieving the same look.
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
mrmysticmike
View Profile
Elite user
Cleveland, Ohio
427 Posts

Profile of mrmysticmike
The aged cards from Ellusionist look good and handle just like a "regular" Bicycle
deck.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I have used brown wax shoe polish[the kind that comes in a flat can] to nice effect.Give it a try it works nicely.Just make sure you buff any residual loose polish away.

Rich
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
Before the shoe polish -- open a can of beer -- get some 0-0-0 steel wool and a place you can sit to "scrub" the cards to remove sheen and ink before you apply show polish. (Courtesy Mary Tomich and Brother Shadow published by Dragonskull.) The beer is to keep you happy during the process.
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24315 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I have several decks of cards that are well over 100 years old. The key to this is subtlety. The Bicycle 1880's cards look overdone and phony.

Cards wear quite a bit at the edges. So, if you can find a deck of cards that is very old on one of the auction sites, bid on it, and you will have a model.

Don't overdo the shoe polish.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Aging cards but retaining shape (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL