The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Real Ghost...Taylor Imagineering (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Before the crash, a topic turned up by Taylor Imagineering and his website. After giving it a good look, discovered a nice piece called Real Ghost. Watched the video and it was something that I felt could fill a void in one of my routines.

So... simply asked a few questions within the topic like.... can it be performed over and over without reset? Can the person be cued with multiple taps or just one? Also there seems to be a jacket hanging on the spectators chair, does it have to be there? To me, these are important questions for a professional to consider.

I also had mentioned that I'd be interested in buying multiple gimmicks. Low and behold, the lame answer from Mr. Taylor was "Watch the video, what you see is what you get!"

Once again, a lame answer from another creator who is just to freakin good to help a potential customer out. (Customer service is getting bad in the magic market). My answer to him is, "I've watched Criss Angels videos, and what you see is not what you get." Sorry the video isn't going to make the sell! And that answer, to me, builds major suspicion!

I only want to check into it first as the piece is 300.00 and am not going to throw away good cash based on a video. Ive been around to long and have seen souped up videos to sell a lame gimmick. For 50.00 ill take the risk, but not for the price of this piece, and definitely not on multiple orders.

Sooooo... does anybody out there want to give credibility to this piece with some meat behind their comments, or should I just move on and keep using my PK Touches routine as it is.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Quote:
On 2007-09-22 13:58, videokideo wrote:

So... simply asked a few questions within the topic like.... can it be performed over and over without reset? Can the person be cued with multipe taps or just one?

I also had mentioned that Id be interested in buying multiple gimmicks. Low and behold, the lame answer from Mr. Taylor was "Watch the video, what you see is what you get!"

If I can help...

The three videos you can watch on the Taylor's website (PK Touch, The Wasp, The Spirit Bell) can be actually performed as you see them, thanks to the Real Ghost.

I, for example, came up with four different routines of my own for the R.G. and I have already performed two of them (which I named "The Volic Force 2007" and "The Intelligence Of Plants & Flowers") more than once. With great results, I must add.

And I know Luke Jermay and Patrick Redford came up with some other routine...

I would say that the friendly ghost is a great gizmo.

As for the multiple taps - No - you cannot with a factory made ghost... unless it can be custom build exactly as I have in my mind now... then, you could do that, but I don't find it necessary and neither practical.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18248 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I'm very interested in it, sooooo close to putting an order in right now...

at the current exchange rates, its £150...aint bad considering what it seems you can do with it...
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Oh, Yes - In my above post, I did forget to add that I have also used the ghost to CUE some info to a secret helper.

So, also think about that, you can do some simple (or less simple) coding with the Ghost.

With the many uses I came up for it up to now, I REALLY believe that using it JUST for "PK Touch" is to waste the versatility of the Ghost.
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Thanks Lord....

Can you answer the question about the jacket on the chair in the video. Is it necessary. Trying to get an idea on the setup needed. Sounds good so far!
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2820 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I've done business several times with Mr. Taylor and have found him to be very gracious, honest and always accessible. Lame is about the last word I'd use to describe anything he's said or done in our transactions.
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Videokideo,

I have never used ANY jacket in any of MY routines. So - it can be done.

And MY various sets-up only took a few seconds.

Believe me - the gizmo in itself is much, much simpler than what you may be thinking now (and I mean that in a good sense!) and it is very light to carry AND small (I can carry up to two (2) Ghosts into one (1) pocket of my pants).
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1731 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
The ghost may be used to cue information - with some creative thinking . They're small. The operation is very simple. It "taps" someone without physically tapping them.
videokideo
View Profile
Special user
895 Posts

Profile of videokideo
Quote:
On 2007-09-22 15:20, Bill Cushman wrote:
Lame is about the last word I'd use to describe anything he's said or done in our transactions.

Im not trying to be rude by using the word lame... but when a potential customer asks very simple questions, and the answer is just short of blowing that customer off, that to me is lame! Look at Lord... somehow he has answered each question, yet he gains nothing as the creator would. Its called customer service. Maybe Im just a nobody to him.... who knows.

Lord... once again, thanks. And also to you, Patrick!

Anyway, Ill go ahead and order one for now, maybe another after. And LORD should get the commission on this sale! At the very least, a big thank you!
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

[quote]On 2007-09-22 15:38, videokideo wrote:
Quote:
Look at Lord... somehow he has answered each question, yet he gains nothing as the creator would. Its called customer service. Maybe Im just a nobody to him.... who knows.

Lord... once again, thanks.

Anyway, Ill go ahead and order one for now, maybe another after. And LORD should get the commission on this sale! At the very least, a big thank you!

Do not worry, I will ask Christopher for a BIG discount on the next item I will buy from him Smile Smile
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18248 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Praise the Lord!

I'm edging that bit closer each and every post...i especially like the spirit bell effect..has my cogs turning in every direction...
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2125 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
I want to extend an apology to videokideo if he felt "blown off" as it was certainly NOT my intention to do so. I recall answering several other questions from you very openly but I honestly thought that with your last question we were reaching the limit of what chould be discussed while retaining my right to keep the actual secret of the effect a secret. To those of you who have come to my aid here, thank you for doing that and for pointing out to me ways to give the gentleman the info he wanted without going too far. Since Real Ghost is now mostly out of the closet, so to speak, I will be happy to answer questions about it either here or on a PM. Cheers, all.

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18248 Posts

Profile of IAIN
If I buy one next week, will you promise to sign the instructions with something vaguely fun and offense? oh please! I collect them...i have some marvellous swearing and insults in some of my books...

my ultimate aim is to corner jerry sadowitz and let him go to town...
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Christopher, then, because the Real Ghost is out of closet...

I can add YET ANOTHER THING... You can use that little jewel to cause some object to FALL!

A little recap:

- It can tap people
- It can cue / code some info
- It can cause objects to fall down
- It is easy to operate

FIVE STARS OUT OF FIVE!
Christopher Taylor
View Profile
V.I.P.
British Columbia Canada
2125 Posts

Profile of Christopher Taylor
Quote:
On 2007-09-22 17:21, abraxus wrote:
If I buy one next week, will you promise to sign the instructions with something vaguely fun and offense? oh please! I collect them...i have some marvellous swearing and insults in some of my books...

You got it abraxus! Smile

Christopher
Christopher Taylor

Member P.E.A.

www.taylorimagineering.com

MAKING MENTALISM MORE IMPOSSIBLE
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18248 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Excellent... you do ship to england don't you?

if you do, expect an order on friday at some point...
Blindside785
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, WA
4216 Posts

Profile of Blindside785
Practical for a on the spot strolling/Close up performance right? I'd like to end my senior year (next year) with a marvelous demonstration with this Smile
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-09-22 17:35, Blindside785 wrote:
Practical for a on the spot strolling/Close up performance right?

YES, it can be used close-up AND with informal groups.
Gerry Hennessey
View Profile
Special user
856 Posts

Profile of Gerry Hennessey
As someone who has known Christopher for many years, I can add that the thought,work and care he puts into the remarkable products he produces is rare indeed. He subscribes to a scarce work ethic being, "good enough isn't good enough".

Moreover, the warranty on his website http://www.taylorimagineering.com speaks volumes of his sincerity to stand behind everything he sells.

Relax, buy & enjoy. Your audiences will thank you.

Hennessey
"Every discipline effects every other discipline. You can't straighten out the corporation if your closet is a mess" Jim Rohn

GerryHennessey.com
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18248 Posts

Profile of IAIN
SOLD! order going in this friday...can't wait...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Real Ghost...Taylor Imagineering (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL