The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Fiber Optics (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Quote:
On 2008-03-12 16:50, bubbleburst2004 wrote:
Thanks Al, it's just something that annoys the heck out of me, performers seemingly making hard and fast rules, when there are only three. (practice practice, and something else.)

I've seen several performers do a great 15 - 20 minutes just with a rope. Not me I'm afraid, but it is possible

bb

I did a club the other day. And, did a 6 minutes routine (my dances with ropes). I decided to use some extra moves and do some different patter. So, I am doing (in essence) five different methods of stretching a rope, in a row. The patter I wound up using for that was, "let me show you again". Each time and each method amazed them even though I did the same effect. The comment (after repeat number three) of "let me show you again", was like a running gag and got a big laugh. On variation 4, where I break into linking ropes, was sort of comic relief, and emphasized the effect.
I have two additional moves I do after linking ropes as well, and each segment gets an applause.
So, 6 or as much as ten minutes of rope, with the right attitude and routine and patter combination is very commercial.

The following routine was not my best, as I was slightly medicated and handicapped by a new patch I wore for the first time, despite the screw-up (stretched the wrong rope) and time lapse, the audience responded well.

http://stagetricks.com/professor/dancesfirst.html
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
OK, After reading all the glowing reviews of FO, I just went to Sanders site and ordered it. (I like ordering directly from the inventor/author of items and DVD's because they make more money from the sale.)

The video does look like real magic. I plan on performing it to a musical piece which is 1 minute 34 seconds long, so I guess I'll just pick and choose enough of the moves that appeal to me most visually and will fit my time requirements. Looking forward to working on it!

Lyndel
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2105 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi Lyndel,

You won't be disappointed with your order. It is one "bad boy" DVD. (Sorry, I couldn't help it.) Smile

Regards, Steve
Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
Quote:
On 2008-04-08 01:13, yachanin wrote:
It is one "bad boy" DVD

I get it... took me just a second but I get it... Smile

Lyndel
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Lyndel
It may not look like magic to you, but audiences go wild over it.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
clarissa35f
View Profile
Veteran user
363 Posts

Profile of clarissa35f
Lol... iIt still looks like magic to me...even when I am performing it, I amaze myself.. Ok no jokes about that please Smile... Anyway. I have to say I am most pleased by FOE. I don't know what everyone was complaining about, I liked the giggling. It's Kind of goofy.
“Amateurs practice until they get it right.
Professionals practice until they can’t get it wrong.” <Anonymous>
"There is no such thing as magic, there is no other way that could have been done" <Whit Haydn>
Jerrid Mutter
View Profile
New user
Virginia Beach, VA
65 Posts

Profile of Jerrid Mutter
I never thought about doing a full routine. I always did just the professors nightmare. I like this video because it opens up my thoughts to adding bits and pieces to every routine I do. Now I have a good 5 minute routine just with rope. Sanders did a great job in this video. Jerrid
ryan8406
View Profile
New user
Elkton, Maryland
88 Posts

Profile of ryan8406
Fiber optics extended is great...it really expanded my knowledge of rope magic.
chicagoharry
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of chicagoharry
After reading all of your positive remarks I had to get it. So I placed my order for fiber optics extended. Can't wait to get it!!!
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2343 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I just received it today...I am VERY impressed and excited to finally give rope magic a shot.
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
Undone
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
54 Posts

Profile of Undone
I just received this DVD too. I already have a rope routine that I use and am happy with, but was able to pick up a quite a few tips and methods that I can use to improve my existing routine. I think that’s Fiber Optics greatest strength; lots of moves that can be incorporated into many routines.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-03-12 17:16, Al Angello wrote:
I do several 5 minute routines, and I have been known to do more than one per show. If you really like fiber optics I suggest you take a look at full circle at youtube expecially if you have purchased fiber optics extended there is a plethora of moves there that you could use.

Five minutes is long enough for me too. It's almost like giving an audience too much with cards.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Now I have Fiber Optics Extended too.
jawa185
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of jawa185
Does Fiber Optics Extended come with the rope
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
No, just the DVD. Any rope can be used.
jawa185
View Profile
New user
21 Posts

Profile of jawa185
So does the rope need no gimmick or does the DVD teach you how to install a gimmick yourself?
magicians
View Profile
Inner circle
Teacher and Legend
2898 Posts

Profile of magicians
Illusionist, Illusionist consulting, product development, stage consultant, seasoned performer for over 35 years. Specializing in original effects. Highly opinionated, usually correct, and not afraid of jealous critics. I've been a puppet, a pirate, a pawn and a King. Free lance gynecologist.
ReDeFiNe
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
275 Posts

Profile of ReDeFiNe
Fiber Optics Extended uses a standard set of ropes without gimmick. When I first saw the DVD it reminded me of "Three Ropes & A Baby" routine, with a few new twist and moves. I especially love the various visual methods to replace the loose ends. Smile
Jeremy Pei
www.TheSocialMagician.com

For Magicians by Magicians
www.RedefineMagicOutlet.com
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
There is NO gimmick used in three ropes and a baby, Fiber Optics, or Fiber Optics extended. The fact that someone actually thinks a gimmick was used is a high compliment indeed to Richard Sanders.

Thank you Ian for that knock out French magician Edernac. Flip recommended him to me several months ago, but he did not know if a video of his rope routine existed, and you found it.
Good one my friend
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
I agree with Al, fantastic routine, Ian. Thanks for finding it and putting it up.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Fiber Optics (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL