The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Flagstaff production (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Ok guys, I end my 30min shows with a fire act and a flagstaff production. Thing is, I have to steal it from my case and it looks like I'm jus pulling out a jumbo flag. Its right at the end of the show so body loads may be a prob...ANy suggestions on how to produce it magically?? Its produced right after a snowstorm in china.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
What you are asking involved secrets to be revealed and this is an open forum where we do not revealed any form of secrets because the lay public may also be reading these posts.

You have more then 50 posts and you are qualified to discuss these issues in the 'Secret Sessions' where secrets are openly discussed.
Kyle^Ravin
View Profile
Inner circle
I slammed my head against
1070 Posts

Profile of Kyle^Ravin
Oh shucks....silly me. Sorry Mr tong, I shall post it soon in the relevant section. Hoping to come down to Malaysia soon for performances. Do Pm me if you're comin down here.Maybe we'll meet up and talk magic. Cheers!
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11209 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
You are welcome to keep in touch with me, Kyle Ravin. PM me anytime you want to.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22822 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Take a look at Peter Marvey's act. He produces several items, and makes it look magical.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YguJ5tMYT0s

You can do the same with your flag staff. It does not have to be a body load.
mattmccoy
View Profile
Loyal user
203 Posts

Profile of mattmccoy
It doesn't have to be a body load. You want to have them look away from you with maybe an appearance, a spectator doing something or some kind of explosion on the side of the stage. Then produce your flag. By the time they look back at you would have already produced the flag and made it seem as if it came from no where. How you make it to that point it up to you.

-Matt
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Misdirection is the key. Also, if you got it from Abbott's read the instructions as to its use from a top hat.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
hugmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
7408 Posts

Profile of hugmagic
Pete is correct. The flagstaff is not a trick unto itself. It is used in conjuction with a production of other silks as the climax.

Think of servante steals. Abbott's idea in the directions is a good one. Also a half of plastic pipe attached to the back of the table makes a good receptacle to hold the flagstaff until the production.

Richard
Richard E. Hughes, Hughes Magic Inc., 352 N. Prospect St., Ravenna, OH 44266 (330)296-4023
www.hughesmagic.com
email-hugmagic@raex.com
Write direct as I will be turning off my PM's.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Flagstaff production (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL