The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » We lost... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
We got knocked out today in a Gaelic Footie game and I broke my leg in 2 places Smile Someone cheer me up please Smile

Peter
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Call the nurse, and tell her you want morphine.

Seriously Pete I wish you a speedy recovery.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Look at it this way Pete.

Ireland's next rugby world cup game can't be as bad as Scotland's today:

Scotland 0 New Zealand 40

Hope you get well soon,
Tom
"But there isn't a door"
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Thanks lads! Smile Though Tom at least Scotland have a chance of making to the quarter Finals...Ireland need a miracle Smile Going to Cork University Hospital tomorrow...think they might have to re-sett it....not looking forward to it at all...

Thanks Al and Tom! Smile

Peter
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Best of luck Peter. But before you have it set, you should consider adding the "Zig-Zag Leg" to your routine.
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
MagiClyde
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
871 Posts

Profile of MagiClyde
Now might be the time to consider adding an escape routine to your repetoire! Smile Smile

Seriously, I know having a broken leg is no fun at all. I've done it twice to my right one over the years. Still have the hardware in me.

Hope you get well soon. Smile
Magic! The quicker picker-upper!
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Take care and heal quickly Peter. Oh, and be more careful than I was. I last broke my leg at age 29 and gained 30 pounds in the process.

BTW, did you at least break your leg in a brilliant play?

John
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
You mean soccer? Ya know, at my old company (the one that fired me and everyone else) we have a sales manager from Ireland who played on a pro team, or what would be a pro team there. Interesting guy. On the day I met him he had a box stolen in London and I told him he marked it wrong and he punched me! I mean I'm in my office and this dude just pulls back and hits me right in the jaw! I was very impressed and told him if he did it again he'd have a fork lift up his arse but I admired his spunk.
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Thanks a million for the laughs lads Smile It's 7am here..didnt sleep a wink last night..

Magicsanta no no not Soccer.I paly Gaelic football,it's our national sport here Smile Im not sure if you have seen Aussie Rules before but its something similiar but we play with a round ball rather than an oval shaped one Smilelol cant believe that guy punched you in the jaw and that you were impressed! Smile

Thanks Josh and clynim for the laugh and well wishes Smile

John I hope I don't gain weight though maybe it would'nt be a bad thing...Im only 10 and hald stone Smile Oh I broke it tackling their big centre forward.We would of been hot favourites to win the game but we had 6 players out due to injury Smile It was the Quarter Final....there will be a write up of the game in one of our national newspapers here...depressing reading I'd say Smile

Thanks again lads!

Peter
gsidhe
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1725 Posts

Profile of gsidhe
At least you broke it doing something tough and manly.
One of my many bone breaks, I cracked my kneecap and had to hobble around with a cane for months...

Due to a dance injury.

I'm a biger guy and people would assume I did it playing football or wrestling, and I'd have to say "No. It's a ballet injury. I was going up for a jump and hit a wet spot on the stage. I slipped and came down on my knee."
Blank stares.
"Urm...I finished the routine though...."
Unimpressed blank stares.

Next time I break something, I'm hoping it will be something like wrestling an escaped bear, jumping out of a burning building while catching a falling child in mid air or something cool like bringing some big fellow down in a tackle.

Much more likely that I will drop a cast iron pan on my foot while putting the finishing touches on some Lamb Shanks with an Ancho Chile Honey Glaze.
Ah well.
Gwyd
Doug Higley
View Profile
1942 - 2022
7152 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
Speaking of Gaelic, even though I used too much, I still won the Spaghetti Sauce Challange and got a nice trophy which I promptly dropped on my foot and it broke.
(The trophy)

Tieing in the themes...tying in the themes...

Pog Mahon
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Went to the CUH this morning...hate hospitals!They removed the plaster but didn't have to sett it or anything....All they did was plaster up my leg once again and send me on my way...I was there for 4 hours Smile

lol Gwyd your story made me smile thanks for that! Smile Your the man!...not really a manly man but a man none the less! Smile All seriousness thanks for the laugh..I needed it too...Im a very active person and already one day in and it was getting me down Smile

Hey Doug! Smile where did you pick up that phrase?? Smile

Im going to stop being a baby and stop moaning now!

Thanks lads! Smile

Peter
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
All the best
Cards never lie
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5841 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Gailic....sounds kinda odd doesn't it?
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I've never broken anything. I'm 52. When something does go, it's going to shatter!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
leapinglizards
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of leapinglizards
It doesn;t sound as odd as it is spelled!
Leaping Lizards!!! Who knew it was possible.
<BR>
<BR>www.LeapingLizardsMagic.com
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Thanks Andy! Smile

Mandrake you havent lived! Smile

Magicsanta/Leapinglizards its Gaelic.....lol guys in Barcelona really went to town on the way its pronounced...i'll leave up to your imagination.Such smut! Smile
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
A lot of people have told me that.

I'm just going to have to survive (hopefully) without the life experience!
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
TheGreatGalling
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of TheGreatGalling
Oh man, I'm sorry to hear. Take care of yourself and get well soon!!!
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1401 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Lol Mandrake Smile

Thanks for the nice words TheGreatGallina Smile

Peter
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » We lost... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL