The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Please critique this comedy routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magicgeorge
View Profile
Inner circle
Belfast
4299 Posts

Profile of magicgeorge
I recently purchased a dream bag. They are pretty cliche but the former more than the latter.

I had the same thought about a pole style production followed by the flowers.

I agree with Mr Biro about over using a principle, it's an easy trap to fall into especially with the kind of effect you enjoy doing.

The flowers are different enough to the pole (you can also show the bag empty before the flowers using the explanation of the wife seeing if that was all you bought her) but 3 poles may be overkill.

I think any any audience can appreciate the humour in an unthoughtfull husband buying his wife a broom and the flowers are a logical conclusion.

I also enjoy the concept of walking on stage with a paper bag and filling the stage with it's contents.

I think you could definitely go somewhere with this idea.

I don't really see Mr Cutts' point. Even from your brief description I can see why this routine could be both comical and magical.

George
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
At the end you could produce a Nielson beer or champagne bottle
"The quilt of life is woven with many different threads"
Paulo Cabrita
View Profile
Special user
820 Posts

Profile of Paulo Cabrita
That make sense.

paulo
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » Please critique this comedy routine (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL