The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Folding Coin Ideas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Allan Olive
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte
180 Posts

Profile of Allan Olive
Anyone have any good folding coin ideas or routines besides coin in a bottle? I have heard of an improved version of Tic Tac (from Paul Harris and the AoA books) that uses a folding coin. Any other ideas?

Thanks,

Allan
Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2324 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
I've sometimes wished I had a flipper coin. so in the mean time until I get one, I take a folding coin, make it look like two in one hand, Toss it to the other and making one disappear. Just pointless time wasters like that. Smile
John Pezzullo
View Profile
Veteran user
Sydney AUSTRALIA
354 Posts

Profile of John Pezzullo
I don't own either of the following books, but I do recall reading reviews published by Jeff Busby about the following two books:

"Sleightly Original" (Tom Gagnon)
"The Tipnician" (Bob Chesbro)

From what I can recall both books contained a number of ideas and effects using folding coins that went beyond the 'coin in bottle' premise.
"One arrow. One life."
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
I don't know if it's even made anymore, but, years ago, the folding coin was used in a coin-producing wand for the Miser's Dream.
cheers,
Peter Marucci
Allan Olive
View Profile
Regular user
Charlotte
180 Posts

Profile of Allan Olive
Coolmoney84,

In regards to your first post, Mark Mason has a video called "Real World Magic", Vol. 1, in which he does a killer coins across using a folding coin. The coin he uses folds once slightly off center. Not the same as a coin in bottle.

You made me think of that in your first post. I wish I could recall what type of coin it was he was using.

-Allan
Bernard Sim
View Profile
Inner circle
Singapore
1095 Posts

Profile of Bernard Sim
Bobo's book also has a coins across using the folding coin.
Bernard Sim
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6584 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
JP-

I own both of those books and can recommend them heartily--if you can find them.

I have a hanging coins routine that uses a folding coin in an unusual way. It's currently on the Coin Purse website at
http://www.coinmagic.com.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Dan Watkins
View Profile
Inner circle
PA
3028 Posts

Profile of Dan Watkins
Page 291 in Bobo's: Coin Through Card - a ring can be substituted for the card.

I have used this routine with my wedding ring a few times.

Dan
Click to visit:
INFANTINO
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of INFANTINO
Greatest trick with a coin is to take a bite out of it (use a folding coin...don't really take a bite out of a coin, that would be stupid)
ViciousCycle
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of ViciousCycle
Quote:
On 2002-03-02 14:43, Dan Watkins wrote:

Thanks for the idea. Substituting a ring actually makes the illusion stronger, since a ring cannot bend and stretch the way that a card can.

The Money Mint is another trick described in Bobo for anyone looking to do something different with a f. coin. What's very nice about Ring Through Card and the Money Mint is that it's easier to pass off that you're using a real coin. Of course, they both require some good sleights to pull off.
Aaron Moring
View Profile
Regular user
Chicago
165 Posts

Profile of Aaron Moring
Adding to what Brian Proctor said, you can take a folder, and ex [ and some blue tac and make a decent flipper.
Rik Chew
View Profile
Special user
538 Posts

Profile of Rik Chew
Quote:
On 2002-03-02 14:43, Dan Watkins wrote:

I have used this routine with my wedding ring a few times.

Dan

Not sure but I think at the beginning of the "Coin Classics", Bobo descibes both the original folding coin, and the 'new' method for coin through ring. Always thought the one with the card might work well with business cards?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Folding Coin Ideas (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL