The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "The Coin Patriot" by Reed McClintock...... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
I refuse to comment until Joe's copy arrives. Smile
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Tony
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
303 Posts

Profile of Tony
Me too...
Neale Bacon
View Profile
Inner circle
Burnaby BC Canada
1775 Posts

Profile of Neale Bacon
I also saw Reed and got to talk with him at PCAM, and you guys are right..he's a gentleman and I enjoyed talking magic with him. Turns out we are both bugs on the theory and performance of magic (ala Our Magic)

Anyway, I saw him do the Coin Patriot, and WOW! what a finish. Especially for my American friends!

Now if he could only learn to do that in the shape of a maple leaf...
Neale Bacon and his Crazy Critters
Burnaby BC
Canada's Favourite Family Ventriloquist
www.baconandfriends.com
Yves Tourigny
View Profile
Veteran user
Somewhere in Quebec
323 Posts

Profile of Yves Tourigny
Well I received the DVD a while ago ( not trying to pick on someone else) and even though I love the slow and deliberate style Reed has, I did not find anything that interest me in Coin Patriot. But that is just me. Even though I can appreciate all the technique and ideas involved inthis kind of effect I do not seem to care. Well maybe next time. I must say that I greatly enjoyed his earlier offerings though. You can't please everybody I guess.... Smile
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1676 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Curtis,

Re: I refuse to comment until Joe's copy arrives

You can comment away Smile I received my copy today Smile already watched it about six times now. Smile

This is GREAT stuff!!! And Reed is a really cool guy, and with this new dvd he's not only offering some amazing Routines but new ideas in coin magic And don't forget his tips at the end a lot of good info there.

Yves Tourigny
I think you should watch the DVD again and think of the ideas behind the routines, even if you don't care for the routines the ideas and concepts behind them should inspire you. (There's a lot of great ideas and thinking in theses routines) You can add to, take away, and expand on these routines or even apply these ideas to other types of magic (Cards, sponge balls, rope). I know I just got my copy today and it's got me thinking.

I think if we take Curtis's "Palms of Steel" Kainoa's "Coins on edge" And Reeds "Coin Patriot" combine with ideas of the past the possibilities are endless.

Reed thanks for the great routines and ideas. Can't wait to see this stuff live at the COINvention.

Best
Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Joe,

I'm glad you feel that Coin Patriot was worth the wait. Now that the boycott is over, I can say this:

I think there was a question regarding whether anyone is using this material. I can tell you that my current opener at the tables is my rehandling of Reed's seven coin production. I produce six silver dollars and a large Japanese coin. I then do "51 coins to pocket" (more on this later) then a HPC routine, and then my new handling of "flying eagles". All of which would not have come about had Reed not started the "heavy metal" craze. The opportunity to break out of the box, and work with more than my usual three coins has been very refreshing.

I have also incorporated parts of "Freedom Flight" into my own Fingertip Coins Across, and I have some very early work on manipulating an image on the mat. It's an 11 coin production, the coins are placed in a pattern, and the pattern magically changes.

Of course, I was around when Reed came up with some of this stuff, so I've had longer to mess with it. All I'm saying is give it a chance, and actually try the material. Soon you'll be carrying around 20 coins wherever you go, just in case someone asks you to do something. Smile

Oh, and Joe, regarding:

"I think if we take Curtis's "Palms of Steel" Kainoa's "Coins on edge" And Reeds "Coin Patriot" combine with ideas of the past the possibilities are endless."

...and if you add a few ideas from Jonathan Townsend, you've pretty much got my lecture notes. I'll post a note when they're available.
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
CoolMAgic4U
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
205 Posts

Profile of CoolMAgic4U
WOW..Looks like I got into coin magic at the right time!
This is AWESOME..... Smile
A BIG THANKS to all that have inspired me...Curtis, Kaiona and Reed...Man....what can I say...You guys are AWESOME! Smile Smile
CoolMagic4U---aka---Ed Smile
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1676 Posts

Profile of mystre71
Yes can't leave Jonathan Townsend out. The man who started the whole Visible Coins Across (3fly) Craze.

I think you guys should do a huge dvd just on 3fly and it's variations.
Start with Jonathan doing his original handling and end with Reed doing his latest handling from "Coin Patriot" in-between have a few others doing their take on 3fly (Curtis,Kaiona,T.hooser,G.thomas)just to name a few. Not just do the trick and explanations, but with each one discuss the thinking behind it. I know this would make it at least a 2 hour dvd, maybe longer, but it would be one of the best dvd's anyone could buy.

Just send me the FIRST copy Smile

Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
Quote:
On 2003-08-16 09:52, mystre71 wrote:
I think you guys should do a huge dvd just on 3fly and it's variations

Curtis: are you still planning on doing this?

The Kamlicious one was talking about this almost a year ago....too bad not all of those names are going to be at the Coinvention....
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
725 Posts

Profile of ftlum
I finally got my DVD-- and Reed's handling of 3-fly is FANTASTIC!!! I love the graceful speed (slowness, really) that he uses. To use an over-used cliché: it is worth the price of the tape! Now, if I could just convince my wife that my spending money on all my DVDs is worth it... *sigh*.

On a side note, can anyone recommend a coin shop in Orange County, CA (Irvine, specifically) that sells worn Barber halves?

thanks,

-- Frank
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
This has to be one of the longest threads I've seen in a while. To be honest at the beginning I wasn't that interested in buying this DVD but now my interest has been sparked. I’ve just got to see it now. Haha…
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Best be quick, Reed will only have a couple more left.

(I'm sure close to a thousand people have bought this by now.)
Tony
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
303 Posts

Profile of Tony
Frank L., check out your friendly coin dealers in your neck of the woods for worn Barber halves.

On another note, the post office lost my copy (probably one of those days they went "Postal"--no pun intended Smile ). The kind Mr. Reed is sending me another one. Thanks!
cardguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, New York
1171 Posts

Profile of cardguy
Frank L., you should check out E-bay. I found it to be the best resource for getting silver coins. You might have to wait a few days until you see a set that you like, but it will come up eventually.
Frank G. a.k.a. Cardguy
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
As far as 3FLY, I think Nate Kranzo's version using 3 different coins ( International 3 Fly ) is the best I've seen. Using different coins was a birilliant idea.

I have Coin Patriot and it proved "Reed is THE MAN".

Chris Smile
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
Hi All.

As many of you know about a month ago my heart stopped and I died. Thank goodness for modern technology. I thank all of you for your words of encouragement and thoughts that have been expressed in e-mail and letter form.

When you die and are brought back to life something happens to you, I can’t explain it, but in my heart and mind feels different about magic. Now it is about the art of making your audience feel, and experience something special. Keep this in mind the material on “The Coin Patriot” is to create a work of art you can not hang on any wall but will last forever on the memory of your minds eye. Sorry if that is too deep but it took me years to put that phrase together, and it describes precisely what magic should be in my opinion. The reality is that all you take with you is what is in your head
Thank you all for your time.

Reed
Smile Break free, I have
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

Bradley Morgan
View Profile
Special user
Toluca Lake CA
701 Posts

Profile of Bradley Morgan
Man, Mr. Reed I did not know you died. I am glad to see you are doing better now.

“The Coin Patriot” is so awesome. People, get it. That is all I can say.

Brad
"I do not know with what weapons World War 3 will be fought, but World War 4 will be fought with sticks and stones." - Einstein
TrcikPony
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of TrcikPony
THANK GOD. He gave Reed back to us and his family!!!

There is real magic!!!

Smile
sleightofhander
View Profile
Special user
583 Posts

Profile of sleightofhander
Wow, I was wondering why I hadn't seen many posts from Reed in a while. Glad to hear your ok Reed. I do know that when you have a close brush with death, it makes you take inventory on the most important things in life. Take care. - Mark
MrCyNic
View Profile
Loyal user
England
238 Posts

Profile of MrCyNic
Okay, that was a shock.

Sorry to hear about that, Reed. I'm glad you're okay (I figured you'd just been busy working).

As you say, thank goodness for modern technology.

My best to you and your family.

Cheers,

Cy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "The Coin Patriot" by Reed McClintock...... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9~10~11~12~13~14 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL