The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "The Coin Patriot" by Reed McClintock...... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
Tony
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
303 Posts

Profile of Tony
Reed,

Can you tell us more about it (routines, sleights)? Looking forward to your DVD.

Regards,
Tony
Curtis Kam
View Profile
V.I.P.
same as you, plus 3 and enough to make
3498 Posts

Profile of Curtis Kam
Sorry, Tony, Reed's on the road and at the Magic Castle at the moment. He lectures there on Sunday, I believe. I don't think he has the Patriot DVD ready for sale yet.

I can't say much more without Reed's O.K., but the title is appropriate for at least one of the effects that is genuinely patriotic without being cloying. It is also stunning, and involves enough coins to stock a small mint.

Release is being delayed while the material is checked and rechecked for credits. Reed is doing his duty as a citizen of Creative America to ensure that we remember the heroes whose imagination and sacrifice have brought us the intellectual prosperity we enjoy today.

Are you inspired yet? Come on, everybody, let's all join in saying the "Nonconformist's Oath"... Smile
Is THAT a PALMS OF STEEL 5 Banner I see? YARRRRGH! Please visit The Magic Bakery
Ben721
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of Ben721
I Bet the DVD will be great, because all of Reeds material is.
Check out my new effect "As Good As It Gets" a gimmickles pencil or pen through bill effect. It closely mimmicks the slow motion phase of "Misled." About "As Good AS It Gets" for no gimmicks and everything being borrowed.
http://www.magic-notes.com/th
Agathon
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Agathon
I saw Reed last night at The Magic Castle. He was on! The Coin Patriot will have a couple of card things, including a great card force that is very simple. It's one of those things that make you say "Why didn't I think of that?"

Charles Spector Smile
Tony
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
303 Posts

Profile of Tony
Curtis,

Dang, missed him again (can't go to the Castle today due to previous engagament). Anyway, I'd like to attend the Café and the Coinvention and see the master altogether.

Looking forward to POS3 very soon.

Tony
Agathon
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Agathon
... and he's lecturing today. Sorry Tony.

Charles Spector Smile
Tony
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
303 Posts

Profile of Tony
Charles,

Next time...

Tony
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of Reed McClintock
Hi Guys,
I just got home and have been away as Curtis said.
So now back to the work stuff again. I had a great time at the Castle and spent some quality time with a lot of the great guys there.
Lets see how can I answer what will be on the Coin Patriot DVD.

It will have coin magic on there and three card things. lol

Well let's see, I have a new solution for three fly I have put on there. This takes the effect to a much clearer and direct way and gets the audience involved instead of them just watching you. I have been doing this and killing people with it.

I will be going over the artistic side of coin magic, you will have to see it to understand what the heck I am talking about. some of you already know. Brand new and impossible looking coin magic. The last piece I really hate to let go of, but I need to protect it. I will be tipping the real work on the closer I used in my castle act, but I will be doing what I do in the real world. so everyone can have access to it. I have shown very few people this piece and when it gets out I will be very curious to see who has the heart to do this piece and then to see who does it well. Then from there see who takes it to the next level. It is not easy and will take work but the rewards will be handsome I am sure.

I am seeming to be getting booked a lot just off the one piece. Smile If I can answer any more questions let me know.
cheers and thank you for your interest I really appreciate all of the support.
"Stuff is anything, but magic is everything"

Reed McClintock 2003

dillib
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of dillib
Can't wait for your new DVD Reed, I'll certainly get it.
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
I look forward to seeing the DVD Reed. (you got my interest peaked with that one statement.)

"I will be very curious to see who has the heart to do this piece and then to see who does it well, Then from there see who takes it to the next level. It is not easy and will take work but the rewards will be handsome I am sure."

I look forward to seeing it.

(Hopefully you're at the Coinvention as well.)
MJ Marrs
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
1123 Posts

Profile of MJ Marrs
I saw Reed's show at the Castle and attended his lecture also. Reed is known for his coin work, but I've got to say that he has some nice routines all around. A real artist! I bought his McClintock Twist video at his lecture -- what a visual routine! I also loved his three fly routine with fifty cent pieces. His International Three Fly had all of the guys at the lecture talking.
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
I also second MJ's comments regarding the McClintock twist, very visual and impressive! As for Reed's other work everytime I see his stuff I can hear gasps from other magi's in the room. (now this is a good thing, trust me) Smile Reed is truly a gifted magician. Would definitely recommend any of his DVD's and lecture notes, plus he's a genuinely nice person. (psss, Reed you can send my pr check at your convenience.) Smile
coinlover
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of coinlover
I'm waiting for it, what about it's release date?
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Magic smith is releasing a dvd here in the next couple of weeks, I will let that float around for just a little while, while we get the finishing touches finished on the coin Patriot. I still need to send coin patriot out for double checking on credits. I will keep you all posted.
thank you Smile

Reed McClintock 2003

SCGillett
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of SCGillett
Thanks for sharing your work, Reed.
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Well here is the great news on the latest with this project. Yesterday we finished shooting all of it, it is done. the explanations, the tricks, and the edditing all that is left are the credits. Once those are typed up, I am getting them put on the dvd (thats all the edditing left). then I am going to send them out to a few people who know their history on coin magic. I have something I know has never been done, ever in coin magic and if it has, I can not find it in print other than in Knuckle Busters. Because its mine taken to the next level on the Patriot. This stuff is killer, personal Favs are the American Dream, and my three fly. When you see this guys the effect has changed only making some little changes that clarify the effect. it looks like real magic or trick photography. Hopefully this will all be done and the responces back for the credit searches will take no longer than two weeks and it will then go onto be made. this process takes about three weeks. then it will be out. I am only going to make 1000 dvd's at this point. Wait until you see this. I hope to have a trailer on my website in the next week or so. http://www.reedmcclintock.com Smile

Reed McClintock 2003

Tony
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
303 Posts

Profile of Tony
Are the DVD's going to be numbered (j/k)?

BTW, your Coin Ovation DVD is great!

Smile
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
I am looking forward to your new DVD, Reed. I have found myself picky as to what kind of presentation I enyjoy. While viewing different videos and DVDs, I have found myself drawn to certain magicians for their patter, personality, skill, and genuiness. You, Reed, are one of the few that I thoroughly enjoy watching. Thank you for sharing your talent with us all.
Reed McClintock
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Nalu that was very kind, thank you.
The material on the dvd is bigger and better than anything I have ever released before. The reason being I am sick of seeingvariations on another trick, unless there is somehting that really makes it worth while to watch the same plot. This project to me has that criteria. New work on threefly so we can quite stagnating on that. Misers dream with a reason and purpose. Producing coins that leave an audience so captivated and amazed they just stop and enjoy. this stuff nails paople hard I mean really hard. I can talk big about this project because I am positive it wil live up to serious expectations. I am stoked it is almost ready to be unveiled. Smile

Reed McClintock 2003

Schaden
View Profile
Inner circle
Purgatory
1253 Posts

Profile of Schaden
Are you going through Murphy's with one?

Lee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "The Coin Patriot" by Reed McClintock...... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..12~13~14 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL