The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » System 44 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Subgenial,
I counsider you fortunate that you found a psychiatrist who deals with things in such a direct and to-the-point fashion. The last time I asked my psychiatrist a direct question, he simply offered me a cigar and then spent the rest of the session trying to reassure me that it was "just a cigar." I just hate beating around the bush like that. So, this all bodes very well for you, indeed! However...and, I hate to ask this...but...by any chance, did you have an opportunity to ask whether or not the good Dr. was acquainted with Woo...or had any idea as to Woo's whereabouts?
Nicholas
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
The Autographed System 44 Platinum Collector's Edition is currently on hold, guys ... my hands are tied without Dr. Wendy Woo.

I have to admit, I'm officially concerned by her disappearance.

While watching Phenomenon last night I thought I saw her in the audience, but I didn't record the show and therefore couldn't search further. Any help would be appreciated, though it could all very well be in my mind....
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4697 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
You may need to ask the "Lady in Red."
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
It was a terrible fight, much shouting, venting and psychological force punches.

Woo Woo doubled me over, slammed me into my suitcase and left me at the Viva Las Vegas Wedding Chapel on the Boulevard south. It was a bit harsh but at least I was left with appropriate music and decor.

http://www.vivalasvegasweddings.com/sigm......ding.htm

I wanted the Rocky Horror... but she wanted the lame Sigmund and Freud with their freaky stuffed menagerie. Imagine?

She's been gone for at least a week. I don't suspect I'll ever see her again.

Los Angeles is a safe bet to search for her. The Bahamas?

I'm left even more hollow than ever. I feel I was treated like a puppet and my strings were manipulated.

Still...System 44 continues to be usable, practical, successful and highly recommended.
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Quote:
venting

Smile Smile
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Quote:
On 2007-10-25 12:18, Subgenial wrote:

Even the best quality virgin oil could not cover up the fact that it was a difficult meal.

Olive oil comes from olives.
Corn oil comes from corn.
Vegetable oil comes from vegetables.

Where are you getting this virgin oil?
Do you need any help with the squeezin?

Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
mormonyoyoman
View Profile
Inner circle
I dug 5,000 postholes, but I have only
2440 Posts

Profile of mormonyoyoman
Then let's not talk about baby oil.

*jeep!
--Grandpa Chet
#ShareGoodness #ldsconf

--Grandpa Chet
Philemon Vanderbeck
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
4697 Posts

Profile of Philemon Vanderbeck
And getting gun oil is darned dangerous!
Professor Philemon Vanderbeck
That Creepy Magician
"I use my sixth sense to create the illusion of possessing the other five."
Subgenial
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of Subgenial
The virgin that I extracted the oil from was clearly 'on the ridiculous'.
'Are we here?'
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3546 Posts

Profile of Turk
Just recieved a copy of System 44. I purchased off of eBay. Starting bid was $.00.01 and with a BUY IT NOW for $600.00!! Before I could exercise the BUY IT NOW option, some person went in and bid the starting bid of $00.01--thereby removing the BUY IT NOW option and precluding anyone (i.e., "Moi") from buying this manuscript at the bargain price of $600.00.

Trying to be sneaky, I kept bidding on the darn thing $00.01 at a time. Wore out two keyboards in the process. The bidding quickly escalated past the original BUY IT NOW price and I finally was successful as the winning bidder at $893.57.

I later did some research and found out that it was Dr. Wendy Woo who entered that starting bid of $00.01!!! I have, of course, reported her to eBay for violating the selling rules against seller collusion and engaging in the despicable practice of pumping up the bids.

My only consolation is that I'm fairly certain that there are not too many copies of System 44 floating around at the $893.57 price tag. Looks like I have an instant "collectable". I plan on bundling my copy with an obscure pamphlet on "Soda Straw Magic" and start the bidding at $1,000.00 (with a "Reserve not Met" protection--just to keep the bidders honest and to prevent someone from stealing it out from under me).

As for a review? Fabulous stuff!! Why didn't anyone think of these things before? Where does Alexandre come up with such unique ideas? Why did Alexandre and Dr. Woo ever release this material to the "unworthies"? On a scale of 10? Definitely a 13.35/10.

Another satisfied Alexandre customer.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
3237 Posts

Profile of NeilS
System 44 is a veritable delight and I am so grateful to Alexandre for this fine work. It consists of two parts and the second part will fit perfectly as a prelude to one of my existing effects.

This is what mentalism is about. Thoughtful and entertaining.

And that is what System 44 is.

And it is also more - so much more. For it opens up a whole new range of possibilities ...
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
This very narrow door was opened to you and you have stepped through.

Dr. Wendy Woo and I thank you, Neil.
Mystification
View Profile
Special user
571 Posts

Profile of Mystification
It is threads like these that just waste space.
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
3024 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
Don't be sore because you were not included in this exclusive and very limited offer.

“I like this place and willingly could waste my time in it.”

- William Shakespeare
Matt Pulsar
View Profile
Inner circle
1130 Posts

Profile of Matt Pulsar
"How tall is Dr. Lisa Chin?"

I met Dr. Lisa Chin tonight, yes, she is real, I would estimate 5'4". Lovely woman. She had a friend with her who was perhaps one of the most interesting people I have ever met. Until tonight I didn't understand that there are people in the world who's thought processes are so blocked by logic that they can't comprehend humor. But, alas, Chin's friend had this quality. I imagine her cube to be a three dimensional drawing of a cube, like one you would find in a geometry book.
Belief Manifests Reality.
Nebula CT: https://www.penguinmagic.com/p/8517
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » System 44 (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL