The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Vanishing a finger ring and transporting it to your keyring in under 30 seconds in the cleanest way. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I use Dusheck's Ringer because I don't want to put someone's ring at risk. If you can do a coin pass and can construct a routine, it will serve you well.
Michael Bilkis
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of Michael Bilkis
I stopped doing ring flight when I heard about someone's ring coming off the clip and flying across the room. In this era people are only too happy to claim you stole their million dollar ring and substututed a cheaper one. David Regal solves the problem in his More Tricks series. It's very mechanical and won't work for a table hopper. I used to love ring flight, but haven't done it in many years.
Rupert Bair
View Profile
Inner circle
?
2075 Posts

Profile of Rupert Bair
I use good old sleight of hand onto a key wallet. Leave the hook outside your pocket, bend it out a little and put the ring onto it. Open up the wallet and let it fall down. Viola!
Matt
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Magic_matt ... that is just what the master of them all, Fred Kaps used to do.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Daniel Santos
View Profile
Special user
562 Posts

Profile of Daniel Santos
I own a Rinkey Dinky which is pretty simple to work out. The only problem with mine is that the string flew into the key after the clip came off Smile. LoL I don't know how the heck that happened, but I've wasted about 50 bucks...lol.
If it is to be, it is up to me.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1042 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Magic Matt, there is also a marketed version called GONE WITH THE RING by Jerry Somerdin, which is exactly as you described.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
I suggest that the Ring Flight, if hard to do, can be substituted for another high impact effect.

Why not try a Ring Penetration through a string?
Jim Mullen 2
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of Jim Mullen 2
One problem with most reel-type Ring Flights is the construction of the clasp. Most of these cause difficulty in attaching the ring, and some are just plain cheap and can be the cause of a flying ring.

Could someone comment on which manufacturers of the trick offer the best clasp?
Jim Mullen

Los Gatos, California
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
YES.... JOE PORPER (and yours truly)... it is called "Just IN Case" and find it at http://www.stevensmagic.com or http://www.hocus-pocus.com It solved all the problems and is a very hot seller right now.
Conus
View Profile
Special user
639 Posts

Profile of Conus
The "Little Giant Encyclopedia Card and Magic Tricks" explains a non-flight arrangement that meets your needs.
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10592 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
STEVE DUSHECK'S RINGER is as good as it gets all that is necessary is a key ring and a easy slight.........

the godfather
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20495 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
I agree with Vinny on the Steve Duscheck solution. Duscheck has some really good coin effects out there too. I'm a fan!

Bob
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com http://www.magicbysander.com/
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2950 Posts

Profile of niva
WOW! What a great post by Harry Murphy. I was looking for some ring flight that did not use a key case. As Harry said key cases are outdated now just like those BIG Card to Wallet wallets. Key chains are the norm now.

Anyway. I checked the one at Meir Yedid's website (Ring Thing). But do you have to use the big logo thing that is in the picture as well.

I couldn't fing Gone with the Ring and not even My Ring Collection. There is another one similar to the latter. It's by Robert Baxt called Fing Flite Gag and avalable fro Hocus Pocus. Are these the same thing?

Also to avoid confusion, Hocus Pocus have another trick called Ring Thing also for 10$ but it's not the same thing. This one is by Garrett Thomas. I believe this one is also available on his video Any Questions. Is this right?

Thanks everyone.
Yours,

Ivan
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Profile of Werner G. Seitz
I didn't read all the postings here, sorry. (You'll get my opinion anyway. Smile )

But this is mainly to, that I've studied, bought and tried out a lot of different versions on the marked and no matter what came up, the original classical version from Al Koran is still the best.
I'll stick to this opinion, no matter what arguments are coming up..
There is none better than using a 'r**l', a quality one, and well hidden in the keycase.

I know all about the disadvantages, the th***d can brake, as well as the argument the thingy can fly all over the place. It doesn't, if you know your bizz.

It's fun to play with all the so called improvements/simplifications, but that's all. It's fun.

In the real world, under fire, there is only one practical/fast and deceptive solution. Can pros like Ron Wilson be wrong? Don Alan?

Yes, I know, Fred Kaps did play and try out other solutions and many well known names did. Where they happy re what they came up with?

I don't know.

No doubt, a world class performer like Fred Kaps could use his own solution, but most other average magicians -and that includes me- will never get away with it.

The classical solution though is surefire and the spectators have "no idea". What more can one ask for?

It's clean, easy to handle if you use your brain, deceptive and one can concentrate on the variations of handlings one can come up with that 'gimick' is just a tool that can brake. But that too goes for the Devano Deck Al Goshman closed his act with..as well as Don Alan used it and there are more examples re "risky" props.

You even can drop a coin or do a bad pass; can happen to anybody. It append even to Derek Dingle. It's always risky to "do" magic. And the main risk still is the performer. The props come next.

Use the classical method. You can't go wrong!

Forget all the "improvments", I tried most of them and they never were as clean as the original.
Even Don Alan, a high class, high-payed pro, did stick to the original.

I wonder why?
Nope. I don't! Smile
Learn a few things well.....this life is not long enough to do everything.....

( Words of wisdom from Albert Goshman ...it paid off for him - it might
as well for YOU!!!- My own magic is styled after that motto... Smile )
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10592 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Werner my friend, have you tried Dushecks Ringer??
I am not disputing anything thing you said because you are very knowledable magician.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Quote:
On 2005-01-20 11:24, vinsmagic wrote:
Werner my friend, have you tried Dushecks Ringer??
I am not disputing anything thing you said because you are very knowledable magician,,,,,,,
vinny

Vinny, TBH, Dushecks Ringer is not in my collection...but I assure you, there are a lot of others...so many, I have given up to trust any other *invention* apart from the original Al Koran version..

And yes..of course I did read about Dushecks Ringer many years back,when it appeared on the scene, but at that time I already had given up to find anything that can replace the classical version..
Still, I might be wrong, but I simply can't imagine a more surefire handling then the original..
Apart from the few professionals using the original I mentioned, I know of a lot of others that rely on it..
Even Germanys Piet Hartling does use it doing strolling magic..and he does it well..

I've at least 7 diff. *cases* re the original, actually I think I have more...they all work..just the cases and the secret device used are different..
I really doubt anything else can be better then the original, re cleanness of handling...
Placing the borrowed ring under a handkerchief?
Why???
All this stuff are substitudes for the real work, and most certainly not an improvment on it..
Only my opinion..
I would most certainly love to have another solution then the original, because it can break, but I too can drop a coin..so the risk is the same, nevertheless, other solutions are interetsting, I unfortunately so far didn't find any that could compare with the original.. Smile
I've spend 1000's of $'s on other solutions..I don't mind to have a go at Dushecks too if you really find it worthwhile Vinny..

Steve Dusheck
View Profile
New user
Hazleton, PA
46 Posts

Profile of Steve Dusheck
I must agree with Werner that Koran's original presentation is great. Most magicians use the reel to make the vanish of the ring easy. Koran used the reel to make the trick amazing. His key case was inside his breast pocket. That's why the reel was so effective.
There are many times when I do not wear a suit and perform in short sleeves. The Koran version is not practical for those times. When I first performed the Koran effect at a cocktail party, my hostess said it was great and called her friends over to see this great trick. Of course I could not repeat it. I had to design a method that was instantly repeatable for strolling magic shows.
I made my version for my own use. The audiences always ask me to do it again and the instant repeat is part of my act. Doing the effect a second time is even more amazing.
There is no best version of the trick. Most of them are very good. You have to decide which one fits your working conditions and your working style. I carry my verssion in my pocket, every day, with my house and car keys on it. I am always prepared to do a great trick when asked. I have a second Ringer in my close-up case for my paid shows.
I often do Ringer and for the requested repeat have their ring fail to appear on the key ring. I pretend to be surprised and look on the floor saying "I hate when that happens. You are lucky that I always carry a spare set of keys." I bring out Bud Dietricks' Chain Reaction. The ring is seen hanging on my key chain.
If you have Jerry mentzer's Magic With Finger Rings book you will find the first version of Ringer I made. It works great and you can make your own for a few dollars. There are a lot of good tricks in that book.
Best wishes,
Steve
Steve Dusheck
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18560 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Ringer is excellent. However Werner, you have to try "Just In Case" for another approach.
Werner G. Seitz
View Profile
Inner circle
3131 Posts

Thanx Steve and Pete. I'll continue my search. Smile

A lot to choose from:

http://members.aol.com/magic168/ringflight.html

Pete, you have to get yours reviewed there too Smile

vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
10592 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Werner I do ring and string and I even sent You and Steve some of my handlings for an ending. However, since I now have the Ringer this has become the final ending and the repeat as Steve describes is stronger than the first time you do it.
The Ringer is now carried with me at all times.
vinny
Come check out my magic.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Vanishing a finger ring and transporting it to your keyring in under 30 seconds in the cleanest way. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL