The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Big news!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1583 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On 2007-09-28 14:05, Christopher Williams wrote:
The cups and balls is a tough one....i will speak with Rannie about this. I am not saying I can't write it up, but there are reasons for this.

Josh, that is a list of everything which COULD go in the book, and, if the Boss wants it all in, it will go in. However, I will write the routines up he wants in the book.

And if the Boss can't remember them all, I have all the original videos if he doesn't still have them Smile

I know there is plenty more which could go in the book, in fact, that's the list with me missing items off!!!

I am also trying to see whether we can get a full performance DVD to go with the book, so people can see how they are meant to look. Sometimes when reading, people get confused, and want to see what it SHOULD look like, and this will hopefully be new footage, not taken from previous performance. We want to see the Boss doing it years from when he first created it! Smile

The editing of 'Hand Size Doesn't Matter' completed today, just give me a few days more to make up the DVD menu, after that I will contact Rannie to see if he can sent you one so that you can have a better vision on performance and explanation of his effects.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Quote:
On 2007-09-29 11:29, Steven Leung wrote:
Quote:
The cups and balls is a tough one....i will speak with Rannie about this. I am not saying I can't write it up, but there are reasons for this.

Josh, that is a list of everything which COULD go in the book, and, if the Boss wants it all in, it will go in. However, I will write the routines up he wants in the book.

And if the Boss can't remember them all, I have all the original videos if he doesn't still have them Smile

I know there is plenty more which could go in the book, in fact, that's the list with me missing items off!!!

I am also trying to see whether we can get a full performance DVD to go with the book, so people can see how they are meant to look. Sometimes when reading, people get confused, and want to see what it SHOULD look like, and this will hopefully be new footage, not taken from previous performance. We want to see the Boss doing it years from when he first created it! Smile

The editing of 'Hand Size Doesn't Matter' completed today, just give me a few days more to make up the DVD menu, after that I will contact Rannie to see if he can sent you one so that you can have a better vision on performance and explanation of his effects.

Thanks
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1583 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Don't mention it Chris, by the way, Zenneth say Hi to you.

Oh... just a short idea, too many good effects inside this book! It will be out of print once release...!
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Haha, hi back to Zenneth!

As for this book, I think it will be a sell out! This is my biggest project I have ever taken on, but I feel I can do it and look forward to its release. I haven't even thought about how many to get printed, or even where to get it printed yet!!!
www.magicman13.co.uk

Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Ok guys, more breaking news!!! I just got off the phone to a graphic designer/artist (Or whatever they are called) about the designing to the cover for this, however, though they could have had money for designing the cover, they gave me an idea which I never thought of! I know that a lof of you are more than just Magic junkies...so, I will have a contest for a FREE copy of the book! Whoever designs a cover worthy of being the front cover to Rannies book, gets a FREE copy of the book, that simple! Now, the default name so far, and the most suitable I believe it 'Rannie Raymundo...because I said so'. So that can be the title to the book if you want to add the title to the book, or if you come up with a better one, feel free to put it on. The competition will be judged by myself and Rannie, however, within the next couple months, we will pick the favourite 10, to which will then go into a vote of which cover best suits the book. We are trying to involve the Magic community as much as possible in this, so...get creating guys!!! We look forward to the entries!!!

When you are happy with it, don't email it to me or Rannie, I don't want an overloaded inbox due to all the entrants, so upload them to somewhere of your choice and PM or email me AND Rannie the link

Thanks guys
www.magicman13.co.uk

Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Cool... what type of program is good for this sort of thing??
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

Photoshop and Quark express are two I know of...
www.magicman13.co.uk

Y2John
View Profile
Inner circle
1498 Posts

Profile of Y2John
Ok cheers
houston_3721
View Profile
Regular user
140 Posts

Profile of houston_3721
Quote:
On 2007-09-29 11:29, Steven Leung wrote:
Quote:

Steven, so does it mean we can buy the lecture DVD at your shop later?
That would be a real great remembrance of the lecture and it's enjoyable to watch the whole thing again. Smile

As for the book, it would be nice to include the Boss' insight, thinking, advices in the Topit(is it the right name?) skill as well. I don't know much about it but I think Rannie is really good at it. Misdirection rules!
please pardon my English
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
Just a quick 2 cents worth (and I'm sure this has been considered by Christopher and Rannie) Topics on Topit and sleeving etc can make up a whole other book!
I'm sure over time a fine library can be compiled with Rannie's magic so "Because I said so" will be a great FIRST book I'm sure!
Mick
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4454 Posts

There will be some work on the topit in there, as a few of Rannies routines use the Topit. So sleeving and Topit will have a workshop, followed by routines which require a topit
www.magicman13.co.uk

Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1457 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
I have only just discovered this topic, and I have to say that I am incredibly excited by the prospect of a book of Rannie's routines being published.

I have loved Raniie's work ever since I first saw it, great thinking and great execution. It is also entertaining, something that magicians sometimes forget about.
Rannie is also one of the nicest guys in magic, I could tell you how I know this but it would probably embarrass Rannie.
Trust me, Rannie is a good guy!

Put me down for a copy!!!

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Some updates for you gentlemen.....

We had a great Tavern session last night. Of course it went on till the wee hours. I would like to thank The Tavern Goers for bringing their note from last year. It was pretty amazing to see notes written on notebooks, scratch papers etc...
I remembered about 6 effects from my old stuff. Its funny how I was fooled again by my own tricks in the hands of Verrico, Daniel and Cyssa.

Aside from that 4 new effects were created using coins and also a combo of coins and cups. 4 new card sleights were played around with. Even new moves with the Zombie. So all in all it was a great night.

RE the TOPIT. I would very much like to, as what Chris mentioned, have a section on the Topit. I did spend so much time working on it. From the construction/design to the most basic element wich is the tossing. I have seen so many topit workers toss it the wrong way and use it too much. I rarely push my own moves but in my humble opinion my Catapult Toss will help make each toss more accurate and invisible.

In this section I would also like to talk about why it works, when (situation)it is most effective.

Thank you everyone for the warm response. This body of work has been the center of my life for the past 15 years. This could very well fulfill my dream of letting the world know that there is Magic in Manila Philippines. My family is excited as well.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
Yeah Boss, those were my first couple of notes from the tavern. Parts of it were even hand written by you. There were some gems in there. It's also funny that you were fooled by your own routines. LOL! You're probably just too busy creating new ones and don't care much to remember them. We're just here to note them down so it won't be forgotten.

As for the book, if it were all up to me, I'd say that there should be a volume each dedicated to card magic, coin magic (mechanics and routines), mentalism, and magic theory. the Boss just have his way of doing things that would be valuable to others. I agree with the general list of routines posted in the thread. It would be good that there is something for everyone. Also, they are the Boss' workers. If the Boss plans to publish his stack, that alone would worth more than the price of the book.
imagine the possibilities... endless...
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Quote:
As for the book, if it were all up to me, I'd say that there should be a volume each dedicated to card magic, coin magic (mechanics and routines), mentalism, and magic theory. the Boss just have his way of doing things that would be valuable to others. I agree with the general list of routines posted in the thread. It would be good that there is something for everyone. Also, they are the Boss' workers. If the Boss plans to publish his stack, that alone would worth more than the price of the book.

I agree! I agree. lol verrico, remember, we had to use a cattleprod on sir rannie just so he'd recall? lol kidding aside, I found it cute that even the boss gets fooled by his own. He even forgets his own patter. A book is really a necessity, not just for other magicians, but for sir rannie himself. lol
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Hey! You guys and gays look after the Boss well. Make sure he doesn't fall and knock his head into some hard objects ... otherwise he may forget all his special inventions ... and you have nothing to see after that LOL
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thanks James! LOL! Can't wait to have you in Manila my friend! Cyssa...thank you for remembering the lessons. More than that I appreciate you remembering why they work and not only how they work.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
2906 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I've made a cover and will send it along. Very excited about this!
Follow Michael Kras on Twitter! http://www.twitter.com/KrasMagic

Check out The Kras Change at Vanishing Inc Magic! http://www.vanishingincmagic.com/magic-downloads/ebooks/kras-change/
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
So far, there are loads of pre-orders, and requests that it'd be hard-bound. Sir Michael, I hope we see the covers you propose here too!
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Hard covers and a colorful dust jacket would be ideal. Perhaps the initial run of a limited number of copies should be leather bound with gold stamping and embossing?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Big news!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL