The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Big news!!! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
And sign too
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Love the ideas guys, keep them coming!!! I can see this is going to cost me badly, but it will be worth it I am sure...unless I can find someone to sponsor it or something, we shall see, still lots going on behind the scenes
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
And throw in a DVD too.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6065 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I'm with James.... I would be VERY willing to pay the extra for a leather bound, numbered, signed and blessed by da Boss copy!
Man I'm looking forward to this book!
Mick
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Some news...The Cups and Balls is going in!!!!!!!!!!!! John Mendoza gave it his blessings to go in the book!
www.magicman13.co.uk

rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
I am so excited about this Chris! Mr. Mendoza was so generous in granting me permission to include The Cups and Balls in the book and DVD. What a wonderful gentleman of magic. He was swift to respond and was ever so gracious.

Mr. Mendoza even gave me the right to call it "The Boss' World Famous Cups and Balls"

Perhaps this would put an end to some people who think I am claiming this routine and don't give credit where credit is due. It is a big deal for me to give credits. As a performer... it is also my duty to give credits in the proper venues. Perhaps the older guys in CB will remember how I would never fail to remind them of how great the Mendoza routine is!

I have added my touches and climaxes to ....IMHO... the best darn CB routine ever designed. Once again my sincerest thanks to Mr. John Mendoza and all of you who encouraged me to improve on my CB routine.

Regards from Manila,

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
I am ready to burst! I literally can't wait for this book to come out. It will be the next thing I buy.

Just wondering, have you chosen an approximate release date yet? And, when will we know who won the cover design contest?
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
PaulGordon
View Profile
Elite user
475 Posts

Profile of PaulGordon
Dear Christopher Williams,

As you may know, I've published a lot of books (most are stitched hardbacks) over the last 20 years. A "best seller" in magic terms is circa 5000 copies; and I'm proud that some of my titles have sold way over that. As for 'cost', I get mine printed in the UK (for many reasons, although I'm aware it's cheaper abroad...in the short term) and 5000 copies cost me about £15,000 for a 200-page top-production book. (Plus cost of plates, illustrator etc.)

The biggest expense is getting them shipped to the USA. (In 1997, one shipment of 2000 books cost me £3000.) But, remember that the retail of a magic book sold in the USA is way below the retail in the UK. So, when you set the retail price, take in to consideration: Cost, Post, Packaging, Labeling (Dollar/Pound rate) and then, (if selling to US dealers and/or wholesalers) Jobber & Wholesale Discounts etc., etc. And - Marketing, Adverts, Leaflets, Mail Outs etc.

Big advice: Get the book ISBN'd and copyrighted in the 6 UK national libraries and in the US. Watch out for Customs charges and the blessed IR.

More advice if you are interested, but as you didn't ask - I'll stop here.

I hope the project is - above all else - FUN! Good luck with it. Rannie's material is excellent...so, you've chosen a good 'subject.'

Best,

Paul Gordon
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Thanks for the tips Paul, I will be in contact, I would love to see a man such as yourself involved in this project if interested...

Thanks
www.magicman13.co.uk

Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
The boss UBSF is an ultimate fooler for magicians, and a very seemingly impossible thing for laymen. No hand contact, whatsoever. Super clean, this, I'd say again, is the most honest three fly I've laid my eyes on. We, down here in manila, are loving it in its maiden form--- the boss has revisions, and we're thrilled to be the first one to see it once he arrives home.

seems like this effect is going into the book. I don't know, only assuming, since most people are petitioning for it to be included. If ever UBSF gets included, this book would surpass expectations!

check out the UBSF here, and enjoy!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=3
jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
Toss my name in there to see UBSF to be included in this book...make sure the shoe variation is included in there for presentation purposes =)

Hardbound would be fantastic but in print period would be great too. What is between the covers is what I am most interested in anyways (don't read into that either =P).

--Jim
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Quote:
On 2007-10-12 16:03, Cyssa wrote:
The boss UBSF is an ultimate fooler for magicians, and a very seemingly impossible thing for laymen. No hand contact, whatsoever. Super clean, this, I'd say again, is the most honest three fly I've laid my eyes on. We, down here in manila, are loving it in its maiden form--- the boss has revisions, and we're thrilled to be the first one to see it once he arrives home.

seems like this effect is going into the book. I don't know, only assuming, since most people are petitioning for it to be included. If ever UBSF gets included, this book would surpass expectations!

check out the UBSF here, and enjoy!

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......&forum=3

Hmmmm? Let me think about this one ok...

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1477 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Hard cover, soft cover, it really doesn't matter. I would buy it whatever the cover. As long as Rannie approves the contents, I'll buy it and study it until the cover falls off.
"But there isn't a door"
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Thank you Gentlemen! I am putting all my best routines on this book. It would be a collection of all my stuff from the past12 years. They have all been tested in the "real world" and they are from my actual repertoir. The routines you will learn from the book are the result of many failures and successes. I am so excited!

Rannie

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Cinnamon
View Profile
Loyal user
Philippines
227 Posts

Profile of Cinnamon
Lots of subtleties, and audience handling tips and techniques, I bet, would be included. Knowing sir rannie, he'd make sure the effect induces the best reactions, and escapes the hecklers' side comments. his subtleties are sure to throw off any grabber/ etc at guard! audience handling tips are needed by most magicians today... sure, they could handle audiences in a controlled environment.. but some bizarre breeds of hecklers keep popping up. I sure hope the boss would give us insight on this.
Verricobl
View Profile
Loyal user
BC
256 Posts

Profile of Verricobl
Right on Cyssa! I wish the Boss would include theories and principles of magic, misdirection, and his philosophies. This information will be very valuable to every student of magic. And that's what makes magic books better than videos, the theory part. Too often a magic video would focus just on the effects.
imagine the possibilities... endless...
michaelmystic2003
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of michaelmystic2003
So, how many cover art entries have there been? Have you chosen one as of yet?
Learn more about my upcoming book of close up magic and theory SYNTHESIS & SECRETS: A Magic Book in Four Acts: https://www.michaelkrasworks.com/synthesis-secrets
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Only yours Michael!!! Come on guys, anyone else going to enter?
www.magicman13.co.uk

jimbowmanjr
View Profile
Veteran user
Inside the Bottle
320 Posts

Profile of jimbowmanjr
Quote:
On 2007-10-17 03:14, Christopher Williams wrote:
Only yours Michael!!! Come on guys, anyone else going to enter?

Working on one now...should have it done by the end of this weekend.

--Jim
schwarzeine
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of schwarzeine
I am going to PM you my entry by next week, I was thinking though, if it would be leather bound, or hard bound?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Big news!!! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL