The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Looking For Giant Storybook (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2220 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Im looking for a Giant Storybook...a faux book to be exact that I can letter the front myself and pretend to read from it.....don't need to produce anything from it. Anyone got any ideas where to get one or how to make one without to much trouble
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
phill
View Profile
Veteran user
Connecticut
365 Posts

Profile of phill
How about Micheal's Craft store? I purchased a "book" there several years ago. It was a carboard-type box that when painted looked like a book.
Hope this helps.

peace,
phill
Scripture, Sculptures & Surprises!
four elements
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of four elements
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2220 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Four Elements..Thats perfect..Thanks
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

AshleyW
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of AshleyW
$81 ! Ouch!
You might want to make something instead.

2 large pieces of foam board covered with a fabric covering with a tape-hinge on the inner spine would run you less than $9. Add vinyl sticker letters for your book title, etc.

If they are not going to see the inside, it won't matter what that part looks like.
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2220 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Wow I thought it was only 5.00 I didn't read well enough....Im going to go the route you suggested Ashley..Thanks
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

Lyndel
View Profile
Inner circle
wrote the theme to the TV show COPS!
1623 Posts

Profile of Lyndel
I have used game boards bought for $1.00 at Goodwill or Salvation Army (i.e. monopoly boards) before. Yeah, it makes for a thin book, but it works.

Lyndel
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
2805 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
Some of the daycare centers have giant storybooks. (Two feet or more.) You could paper over the cover with your own. Check the school suppliers or call a local center.

Tom
"Entrepreneurs are willing to work 80 hours a week to avoid working 40 hours a week"--Lori Greiner

www.tomboleware.com
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3722 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
It would depend on whether you want a thin book or something that looks like a giant novel (like a leather-bound huge dictionary)...both are available relatively inexpensively.

Steve
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Looking For Giant Storybook (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL