The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..17..24..31..38..45..47~48~49 [Next]
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
He has gone through the process, taken the tast, sworn the oath and renounce citizenship in any other country.

Much different than having a green card or visa.

(I went through this process when we moved to the US, my wife was a foreign national.)
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Does it say in the contract of the show that you need to be a US citizen to perform there, or it's just a Magic Café rule?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

No, why do you ask?
If this upsets you, address it to Roei as he brought up the question this morning.

The show is just being billed as the search for America's next great mentalist.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
I ask because some people make it seem like that show is actually looking for the next great American mentalist.

Thanks for your answer.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

Quote:
On 2007-10-03 11:30, DJM wrote:
I ask because some people make it seem like that show is actually looking for the next great American mentalist.

That IS how the show has been billed and promoted thus far.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
NBC has announced Phenomenon, a new reality competition series that will follow mentalist Uri Geller and Criss Angel Mindfreak illusionist Criss Angel as they search for "the next great mentalist," will premiere on Wednesday, October 24 at 8PM ET/PT

Where was it billed as looking for American mentalists? I'd love to see.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2007-10-03 11:01, Dr Spektor wrote:
Arnold (The Terminator) isn't an American citizen?????

I'll be back.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

I'll send you the copies I made of the casting notices and description posted on NBC.COM at the original announcement of the show, and initial casting information.

That will be PMed to you tonight when I get home and have access to it.

Then you can look to your heart's content.
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Heck I did not know it was just for mentalists.

J ack'

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

It isn't. One time it was for psychics, another magicians, illusionists, and mentalists (heck, possibly lions, tigers, and bears) BUT it was not for Psychic Entertainers.

Now it is for mentalists (according to DJM's post), not sure why magicians are on the show though. Smile
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Hey Tony, is it for Dynamike-ist too? If so, I'm in.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

No Mike. Season Two might be though. Smile

DJM's message says mentalist.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18820 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Gentlemen, I can assure you all, as a bonafide englishman, we would welcome one and all to our shores...we are afterall, a sponge like migrant group of people, we would indeed vote for just about anyone or anything that entertained us...chimps in hats drinking tea would go down massively well for example..

anyone with a massive ego with nothing to back it up would be instantly berated though..look what we did to your Blaine when he sat in that box being all glum for a week..we played golf at the lad to try and cheer him up...

come on over, no matter what your creed, or credo, though we'll pelt your ego with eggs if needs be...

I hope they do an english phenom...we'll show you how it's done!

please take that previous comment in good humour...being american is purely a state of mind as far as I'm concerned..without reservations that is...

tally ho!
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
Reading this thread I am struck by how it has descended into pettiness. Even dragging in some of our more respected and usually thoughtful members.

The fact is that we don't really know what the producers are thinking/planning/promising. All we know is that they are going to try to produce a show to get the biggest ratings they can. And they are going to choose the performers whom they think will garner them those ratings. Period.

All the rest is commentary.

Bob
DerZauberer
View Profile
Elite user
Southern California
468 Posts

Profile of DerZauberer
I am reserving my opinion of the show until it debuts. I will be rooting for one or two contestants that I know.

I really hope this results in a positive spin for working magicians/mentalists.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18820 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Pettiness, bitterness, fragile egos...

anway...be careful what you wish for folks...good luck to all who made it through, best of british to you all...do yourself proud...
NEW - the bear tear

20-25% OFF MOST THINGS
http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/uncle90
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Bob,

I would say in many respects it is speculation of what might be in the big box with the bow.

I also can see were some guys might be riled if they took the trip and then found out it was not an even playing feild.
Some were allready on the team just becouse of who they know, etc.

Who would not be?

J ack

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
TheGreatGalling
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of TheGreatGalling
Post deleted
Bob Baker
View Profile
Inner circle
1104 Posts

Profile of Bob Baker
J ack:

I agree. I suppose this is one of the frustrations of show business. It's never a level playing field. When my son was acting in TV commercials, we learned that the SAG and AFTRA contracts require that there be open auditions even when the commercial or TV show or movie was already virtually cast. (Note Alexandre's comments above.)

And I, too, would be annoyed if I later found out that the deck was stacked against me. Of course, we don't know if the Israeli guys were on board from the beginning, or were brought in later to add variety, or what.

Best,

Bob
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13150 Posts

Bob

Tell me about it, my daughter was in modeling for a few years (print and commercial).

Tony
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9..17..24..31..38..45..47~48~49 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL