The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..23..29..35..41..47~48~49 [Next]
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
Here is my prediction. Let me put it in an envelope....Here, there it is hanging from a string...

1.Ehud Segev
2.Jim Callahan
3.Gerry McCambridge
4.Guy Bavli
5.Eran Raven
6.Jason Scott
7.Jim Karol
8.Angela Funovitz
9.Wayne Hoffman
10.Jan Bardi
ALEXANDRE
View Profile
Inner circle
2945 Posts

Profile of ALEXANDRE
I can see Ehud winning this as well. I like the guy. He's very good, but again, there's no way Gerry will get that far.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17658 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I have my ideas as to what will happen, but I don't want to post them for fear of the self fullfilling thing to catch hold. I foresee something no one has anticipated...Something BIG!!!!!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
Slim King, do you sense a disturbance in the force?
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Do you think our friend Ray is going to win?
bdekolta
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
1636 Posts

Profile of bdekolta
Quote:
Gerry McCambridge - 6 Children???!

Actually I've met several mentalists with larger than average families. Not sure what the connection is...

I was suprised to see the number of contestants from PA. Between PA and Israel you have 1/2 the playing field.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17658 Posts

Profile of Slim King
This thing should have more pressure than on OCEAN FLOOR SCUBA TRIP Smile
Something will give eventually....Then watch out!
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Segev will get first place, no doubt about it. Smile
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Yup, there are going to be some surprised people here. Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10599 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I'm with Tony - you are forgetting who is voting for the contestants...

I still say, even if she doesn't place first on the show - the biggest winner will be AF. Glad I knew her before she will become a megastar.....!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Ehud is a great guy.
(As are all of the other performers)

It has been a pleasure to meet both him and his very charming girlfriend.

-Jim
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20533 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Well I have my knive and fork and a napkin around my neck, I hope I get a chance to eat my words.

Either way good fortune Jim.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Pete Legend
View Profile
Inner circle
Ireland
1365 Posts

Profile of Pete Legend
Jim is a legend and has Irish blood...he will win..one way or the other he will win...
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17658 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Jim Callahan and Jim Karol are VERY STRONG. Angela is a beauty and immeadiately likable. These will do well with the public.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

It depends on who does the real voting. If the hosts do the voting until the final X, then the audience votes, it could be real bad. If the audience votes for all the rounds and it is a true accounting of the calls, it could be real interesting.

No, the voting has not really been addressed. What has been said is that the viewers will determine the winner, but that does not happen until the end of the series.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2085 Posts

Profile of gabelson
If the audience votes through all the rounds, I'm afriad that pure talent will play a minor role in determining the winner. At the end of the day, these are primarily popularity contests (ie; Taylor Hicks). If the hosts do the voting till the final round, (love 'em or hate 'em), you'd have to think that Angel and Geller will recognize a true original and will reward said individual.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17658 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Perhaps the opposite is true as far as Geller and Angel are concerned Smile
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
If it's live then NBC will probably ask the viewers to vote.. will get them more money. Smile
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17658 Posts

Profile of Slim King
How does the voting work over a four hour time span from Eastern to West Coast time? I'm really not familiar as to how the other TV shows do it.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2085 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On 2007-10-11 12:50, Slim King wrote:
Perhaps the opposite is true as far as Geller and Angel are concerned Smile

You'd have to hope that's not the case. The key word being "hope". While the public at large is clueless as to what consitutes "original mentalism", Geller and Angel (although he may not practice it himself), will be the only people there who can RECOGNIZE it. There are certainly many factors that could argue for why that won't matter (network pressure, etc.) Simon Cowell did not want Talor Hicks to win "American Idol"; Hicks did anyway, as America found him the most endearing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..12~13~14~15~16..23..29..35..41..47~48~49 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL