The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..24..30..36..42..47~48~49 [Next]
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13145 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
The open the lines for a certain time period, the results are announced the next show.

Gabe

I'd rather see the audience vote for who they think is most entertaining than Geller and Angel taking turns...
Roy
View Profile
Elite user
Israel
482 Posts

Profile of Roy
In my opinion, after watching Angela's material, there is no way she Will be among the first three competitors. She is cute and beautiful, but...

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 1:19pm
Jason Scott is cool. I liked the effect that he swallowed thread and got it our through his neck. Is it his idea?
Rudy Sanchez
View Profile
Special user
931 Posts

Profile of Rudy Sanchez
Quote:
On 2007-10-11 13:19, Roei wrote:
Jason Scott is cool. I liked the effect that he swallowed thread and got it our through his neck. Is it his idea?

Sean Fields "SAW"

Rudy
www.cesaral.com
Sales Manager for Cesaral Magic
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
At the auditions I saw many people doing Pre-Show work, book tests and magic squares. These will be quickly recognized by thousands of viewers and reported on the internet chat sites. Nothing Phenominal about a store bought routine and I'm sure many will point this out right away. Will Uri and Criss expose this stuff too? Or will they just let the others do it?
Will they seem WEAK or ignorant by NOT exposing it.?How will they react to each other? Will Criss try to debunk Uri?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Some of the effects in the Israeli show were store bought and Geller couldn't care less.

Not to mention that the audience seemed to enjoy the performances either way.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Do you think Criss Angel will appear to allow the wool to be pulled over his eyes?
Please refresh yourselves to the claims of the show
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=......lindex=0
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
I remember Segev did the magic square on the show here and it totaly amazed the audience. Not sure what the problem is.. it's all done for fun.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
The people tuning in to the show are expecting
A SEARCH FOR THE IMPOSSIBLE
THOSE WITH SPECIAL POWERS
TEST THEM ALL.....
Didn't hear the word FUN once!
They are looking for the Greatest of those that claim special powers.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2075 Posts

Profile of gabelson
I see the biggest danger being someone (whether by Internet vote, or the judges themselves) exposing an integral tool of the trade, like a n**l writer. When Geller bent spoons in the 70's, no one had seen anything like it, so people were floored. Now, everyone has either seen a magician bend a spoon, or knows of Geller's feats. But a n**l writer, for example, is by and large UNKNOWN to mainstream America, and is an indispensible tool for many mentalists. Routines are only limited by the imagination. But when the tool itself is revealed, no matter how original the routine, the audience will say, "the only way he could have done that is with a n**l writer." That's not good.
burst
View Profile
Veteran user
Memphis, TN
308 Posts

Profile of burst
Shoot, I just realized this show is on at Wednesday. I hope it's not on the same time slot as Pushing Daises. It's one of the three shows that I tune in for. If so, luckily ABC posts episodes online. No matter what, I win. I would just happen to win more if the shows don't interfere with one another.

Hooray!
/paul.f
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2075 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On 2007-10-11 13:15, Roei wrote:
In my opinion, after watching Angela's material, there is no way she Will be among the first three competitors. She is cute and beautiful, but...

You may say "there is no way she will be", but there are several reasons why she probably will be. And that is neither an endorsement or a condemnation.
Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2206 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
This will come down to a popularity contest. As well it should. The best personalities are the most entertaining people, and that is what we are all striving for right? That is partially how my list is based. Some skill and some personality. Angela will last longer, as she looks nice, does good work and is personable. But I feel she is a bit out of her element in mentalism. She doesn't have a 'mentalsist' feel. Callahan, is just the opposite. He is the rare mix of looks, talent and personality. I don't know as much about some of the other contestants, so I had to go on instinct with what I read about them.
Some of the contestants seem to have great effects, but not enough personality.
It will be interesting to see how people vote though.
Magicians will vote for who fools them, not necessarilly who entertains them. Lay people will do just the opposite. So you could have some people who go farther that don't have the chops but do have some endearing qualities.

Chad
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2075 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Quote:
On 2007-10-11 14:03, Chad Sanborn wrote:
This will come down to a popularity contest. As well it should. The best personalities are the most entertaining people, and that is what we are all striving for right? That is partially how my list is based. Some skill and some personality. Angela will last longer, as she looks nice, does good work and is personable. But I feel she is a bit out of her element in mentalism. She doesn't have a 'mentalsist' feel. Callahan, is just the opposite. He is the rare mix of looks, talent and personality. I don't know as much about some of the other contestants, so I had to go on instinct with what I read about them.
Some of the contestants seem to have great effects, but not enough personality.
It will be interesting to see how people vote though.
Magicians will vote for who fools them, not necessarilly who entertains them. Lay people will do just the opposite. So you could have some people who go farther that don't have the chops but do have some endearing qualities.

Chad

Well said, and I believe, on the money.
JohnEBlaze
View Profile
New user
Maitland, FL
66 Posts

Profile of JohnEBlaze
I couldn't agree more about the popularity contest... it is TV after all. Anyone who doesn't think that Funovits will be the one to beat doesn't understand how reality television works.

My final three: Segev, Funovits and Karol

Posted: Oct 11, 2007 2:33pm
Right now, Deal or No Deal is winning what will be Phenomenon's time slot with a 8.0 rating. Pushing Daises is second with a 6.6 and Kid Nation has a 4.0

That probably means that NBC will be happy if it doesn't fall below second place, since hits for them have been hard to come by.
gabelson
View Profile
Inner circle
conscientious observer
2075 Posts

Profile of gabelson
Too bad the judges aren't Annemann and Corinda.
DJM
View Profile
Inner circle
Israel
1681 Posts

Profile of DJM
Quote:
On 2007-10-11 13:54, Slim King wrote:
The people tuning in to the show are expecting
A SEARCH FOR THE IMPOSSIBLE
THOSE WITH SPECIAL POWERS
TEST THEM ALL.....
Didn't hear the word FUN once!
They are looking for the Greatest of those that claim special powers.

How do you think they promoted the show over here, as magic for kids? It was exactly the same kind of thing.

That doesn't mean there shouldn't be fun involved.. some poeple take it way too seriously.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13145 Posts

DJM, their using footage from the Israel show in the commercials here.
Probably the only difference here is the floating ladies and Criss Angel's name and face.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17517 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Just got off of the phone with NBC. The new site is up with the boards.
http://www.nbc.com/Phenomenon/index.shtml
I'd never seen it before so I'm not sure of the changes.
Several important questions were answered but many new ones surfaced.
This will be fun!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13145 Posts

I like all the little Angelite comments there already. It will be fun to see how they change when the show starts.
brainchild
View Profile
Loyal user
Ideological Bigot
259 Posts

Profile of brainchild
I just read the last few pages of this thread and it got me wondering about the material of the people that I love such as Cassidy and Osterlind.

As I am not familiar with what each contestant is going to bring to the table (in terms of specific effects), if one was to perform, say, Cassidy's Name/Place routine, or Osterlind's Watch routine, would that performer need permission from the creator to do so? I would hope the answer is "yes", for although these routines are published, the public at large is unaware, and these are staples of the author's respective acts.

Does anyone know the answer to this one?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic names and the media » » Phenomenon » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..13~14~15~16~17..24..30..36..42..47~48~49 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL